Chapter Seventy-Eight

Rex didn't move a muscle. He stayed where he was, shielding his face with the side of his hand. From what he could tell, it was just a bounty hunter, not one that he recognized. It would be highly unlikely for one to find him so fast, but it probably wouldn't take long for the hunter to figure out that there was a battalion and legion of clones on the planet.

Rex waited for the person to leave first, but it didn't seem that they had any intentions of moving. He shifted his gaze to the entrance where another figure entered.

Anakin looked around the cantina and spotted his captain sitting nervously in the back, trying to cover the side of his face.

He at first assumed that he was scared of him, but he shoved the idea out of his head when he felt the clone's nerves spike from a mile away before he entered.

Anakin moved discreetly to the booth where Rex was and slid into the seat across from him.

" Rex...what's wrong." the master said carefully.

" S-sir?"

" Don't worry, we can finish our talk later. You're nervous."

Rex nodded his head in the direction of the cloaked person. " They have a hologram with my face on it. I can only assume it's a bounty hunter, but the reason why there would be one after me I can't say."

Anakin's eyes widened, " Do you think...they know about.."

" Doubt it. I didn't even know until yesterday."

" Look, we need to get you out of here." the brunette took off his cloak, placing it on the table, nudging it to the captain. " Here, put this on. I'm not taking any chances."

Rex complied, throwing the cloak on, pulling the hood as much to the side that was facing the bounty hunter.

" Let's go." the Jedi and clone briskly walked towards the door.

" Hey you." a low voice called, stopping both in their tracks.

Anakin silently cursed under his breath as he turned around. Just as he was about to ask what they wanted, a large group of citizens poured into place.

" Come on," Anakin pulled Rex by the sleeve, taking the distraction.

Once they were a few blocks away from the cantina, Rex took off the cloak, handing it back to its owner.

" Thanks General."

" You should get back to the barracks. I'll talk to Ahsoka and Obi Wan and we'll try and get more leads to this." the knight offered.

He wouldn't let anyone take his captain away from his padawan, not when they were supposed to live happily together the rest of their lives. That suddenly reminded him about how he ended up in the situation.

" Rex, I..I wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I was being stupid and didn't think about my actions and how they would affect you." he looked off to the side. " I really am happy for you and Ahsoka." he smiled, patting his friend's shoulder.

" You have no idea how much that means, sir." the clone returned the gesture.

" Anakin! Rex!" a girl's voice yelled.

Ahsoka came bolting towards them, panting as she came to a stop.

" Master, what the kriff-"

" Snips, no."

" 'Soka."

Ahsoka gave both of them a sideways smirk as they both corrected her use of language.

" Well, now that it seems that Anakin isn't trying to kill you, what's the matter?" her mood changed to serious.

" We got a problem. A bounty hunter is after Rex." Anakin filled in.

" What?! Why?" Ahsoka exclaimed.

" No clue. I figured I could just lay low for a while until it's forgotten." Rex shrugged his shoulders, not really wanting to attract more attention. He was tired of it and just wanted to be a husband and a better vod.

" Rex, I know that you don't want to, but you should really consider letting us teach you-"

" Maybe later. Right now can we please just go back to the barracks. I promised Tup that I would, uh, help him with a project."

" Rex...don't be so stubborn." Ahsoka watched as he gave her a sad smile and walked away back the way he came.