Chapter Eighteen

Ahsoka tapped her foot impatiently.

" Tup, I thought you said Anakin was ready to come up with a plan."

Tup stood up more straight when he was addressed. " Something must have come up while I was getting you," he said politely.

Ahsoka's mind wandered off to Rex. She wanted to find him as soon as possible. There was no way she was going to lose him to Krell.

Rex was acting all weird days before they left for the mission. Ahsoka noticed that he was nervous when he talked to her. He had also begun asking her questions about families and life after war. She knew he was hiding something, but decided to go along with it. She had an idea of what it could be, but didn't want to get her hopes up too high.

Anakin came back with a harsh scowl on his face. Ahsoka could practically feel the anger radiating off of him.

" Master, where were you? We've been waiting for a while."

" Ahsoka," he paused and let out a frustrated sigh. " The council has ordered us back to Coruscant. Obi Wan finished his mission and we have too," he grumbled.

" What? No. We can't leave now! Rex is out there in the hands of a possible Sith!" She shook her head.

Anakin held his hand up for her to stop.

" Snips, I want to find Rex as much as you do, but we are needed back at the temple. The council wishes to know more of what happened with Krell," he explained, although he himself didn't agree with them.

" If we go back then there's no telling where in the galaxy Krell is. Coruscant is a long way from here. Once we leave, finding Rex will be impossible!" Ahsoka argued.

" Sir, are we really just going to leave the captain alone?" Fives spoke out.

" Can't you ask the council for at least a few rotations, General?" Jesse pleaded.

Anakin took in all his men and padawan's comments. He ran his hand through his hair. Ahsoka was as stubborn as him. She would never take no for an answer and neither would the clones. He honestly wanted to ditch the council's orders and go searching for his friend.

Oh the perks of being general.

Ahsoka smiled when she saw her master's mood change.

" Fine, but when the council yells at us when we get back don't say I didn't warn you, Snips."

Ahsoka started to make a snarky remark back, but stopped mid sentence.

She pressed a palm to her temple.

Ahsoka.

" Rex?" she gasped, her heart jumping out of her chest.