Chapter Nineteen

Krell's lips curled into a grin. He fingered the box, aware that the captain was aggravated by the gesture.

" And here I thought clones were deprived of having any feelings." he said more to himself than directly to Rex.

" Now this is quite a treasure. Tell me Captain, who is the lucky girl?"

Rex stared at the ground trying to block out his captors' hollow voice.

" It's the padawan, isn't it?" he toyed.

Rex reprimanded himself when he glanced up when Ahsoka's title was mentioned.

" That's what I thought." Krell concluded.

" Leave her out of this." Rex growled. The idea that Krell knew how much Ahsoka had meant to him was sickening. He didn't even want Krell to refer to her in any way, shape or form.

Nothing pleased the Besalisk more than to hear the desperation in the clone's voice as he tried to defend his loved one. He had finally found his weakness. The captain with no fear suddenly crashed at the mention of a worthless Togruta.

" You won't be needing this." He chucked the ring across the room.

Rex heard it as it clanked on the floor until it moved no longer. All his hope was gone. He felt empty inside. The light in him burned out. There wasn't anything to keep it going.

" Don't worry Captain, you will soon forget all about her. You along with the rest of your so-called brothers will serve an even greater cause. I will be back shortly."

As soon as he left Rex let a tear slip out.

" Ahsoka, I don't know if you can hear me...but if somehow you can, I want you to know I will always love you no matter what happens. Don't come looking for me okay? It's not safe," he said with a shaky breath.

The door reopened. Krell, followed by two medical droids, came in. One of them was pushing a cart full of needles and surgical tools.

Krell picked up one of the tubes filled with a blue solution and walked towards Rex.

" I love you Cyar'ika," Rex whispered.

Well that's two updates. Hope y'all liked them! Thanks for all the support on this story, it means so much to me.💞

😄 Happy Tuesday! How is everyone?

Love,

-Chopper457 🧡💙🤍