Chapter 1

The breeze flew in the blonde strands of hair of a sixteen year old Egyptian boy. Marik Ishtar stood out on his balcony, relaxing in the nice spring afternoon. The Winter had just ended, Fall and Summer before, and it was time to get out from a harsh winter. Marik grabbed his coat and headed out the door.

Domino City hadn't changed since the five years that passed since the pharaoh was put down to his final slumber. KaibaCorp was just as big as ever, Duel Monsters started to wear down, and the Fame of Yugi Muto, "The King of Games", still existed.

Domino City Café was Marik's favorite place to go. Sitting at a small table with a mug of coffee was Marik's idea of relaxation. Though he wished, was to share the table with someone. he didn't have anyone. Yugi and his friends were always busy, Odeon and Ishizu had later traveled back to Egypt, and everyone else, he didn't even know them. But, there was one being he had grown feelings for. One who had helped him in the past. One he had a strong connection with.

Bakura.

Whenever he thought of Bakura, memories would just pop up. The first memory was when Bakura had helped him re-gain his body from Marik's evil side. Though, that sent Bakura to the Shadow Realm. The other, was five years ago, during the duel between Yugi and the Pharaoh. Bakura had been there, but it wasn't the Bakura Marik had hoped for.

It was Ryou. Bakura's hikari, better half. He was cheery, happy, and a million other words opposite to Bakura. As soon as Marik saw Ryou, he instantly knew that wasn't the Bakura he knew.

Marik sat there, looking out the window. The rain started to patter lightly on the small and tiny flowers that laid outside.

He sighed.

Oh Bakura... He thought. But Marik didn't want to accept that Bakura was gone. He has to be here still...right..?

He sighed again and looked into his coffee.

Bakura was just a dead memory...