Chapter 11

It had been a few days since Marik was shot from the two men who mugged him. He laid limp in the hospital, the wound slowly healing. Bakura had stayed with him every second of everyday, refusing to leave his side.

Marik hadn't awoken from his slumber and Bakura was starting to get worried. Was he even going to wake up? It's been two days. Bakura stood and paced around the room. He muttered a few things before stopping and glancing at Marik.

The time passed s he awaited for Marik to wake.

1:00...

3:00...

5:00...

He wasn't waking up..

Bakura couldn't bare any longer. He walked over to Marik and grasped his hand. "Listen Marik, you need to wake up. I need to know your still in there. I need I know your not dead.." Marik wouldn't budge. "Marik I'm not joking. You need to wake up! C'mon. I need to know My Marik is in there! Please wake up!" No response. "Please don't do this to me", he started breaking into tears," You can't leave me...I can't lose another..." He had lost Kul Elna, he had lost his family, friends, home.. he lost everything. He couldn't lose Marik. Not now. It wasn't time.

He just needed to wake up..

~~

Bakura has fallen asleep next to Marik. His head laid on the bed, his body kneeling. His hand grasped into Marik's, not ever wanting to let go. Tear marks had dried on his face and left marks. It was 12:00 in the morning by then, Marik still hadn't awoken. Bakura thought he was gone.

He had no reason to live.

Marik died because of him.

All because of that one second..

That one..

Second...

Bakura didn't let go, he didn't want to. He loved Marik. It wasn't just any love, it was strong. The love between these two individuals were strong as ever. They may not have shown it, but it was. They both meant the world to each other. Their love couldn't be broken by anything, not even the greatest evil or danger in the world.

Bakura awoke in the early morn. He lifted his head and saw Marik's eyes stilled closed. Bakura kissed Marik's hands and held them close to his chest.

This was his goodbye..

Just as Bakura was leaving, a sudden movement was made. And two Purple eyes shot open.