Chapter 5

The Pharaoh had prepared something simple. A small pasta for three, since that was the only thing he's seen Yugi make. They ate and chatted together, laughing here and there. Until the time reached midnight.

"I had fun, Marik. But now I must get home to Grandpa." Yugi made his way to the door and the Pharaoh followed. "Thanks, guys." Marik thanked as they exited the door. "No problem, Marik. Hope to see you soon?" Marik nodded for an answer. Yugi smiled, "Bye Marik! C'mon Pharaoh. " The Pharaoh followed behind as they walked back to the game shop.

There was a mess in the kitchen. Messier than Tristan with a burger (which he'd experienced in the past). Marik cleaned the dishes and then poured himself a glass of water and walked to the window.

His purple eyes followed the patter of rain that had started awhile ago. It fell onto the window, his eyes watching them fall. Just as he thought his happiness came, it fell down to depression again. Just seeing Yugi with The Pharaoh made him jealous. The one who was important to Yugi came back, but that Stupid Bakura didn't. He's probably had forgotten Marik.

Anger filled up and he squeezed his glass hard, it soon breaking and cutting his hand. He grunted and fell to his knees.

Blood dripped down onto the floor. Marik's eyes room filled with tears again.

BOOM

A loud noise was heard.

Thunder.

Marik no longer wanted to live. Yugi was Happy, everyone in the whole world was happy.

Except him.

Why couldn't he just find the Millennium Rod? He could just finish his life now if he wanted. Though, from where he was at the moment, it didn't sound like a bad idea.

Tears fell on his hand and it started burning. The pain was deadly. Not only to his hand...

But to his Heart.

His heart was aching. He was Lonely. Unloved. What else was there to live for?

Ishizu and Odeon weren't with him anymore, they were in Egypt. Yugi was with the Pharaoh. Joey was with Mai. Happiness everywhere.

The blonde Egyptian slowly fell to the ground. His cries grew louder every second. He just wanted to die. Slowly fall to hell...ashamed of himself and his jealousy.

Suddenly, his thoughts were cut off.
A figure stood by his door, dripping wet from the rain. Marik looked up.

"Hello. And Happy Birthday. " Said the voice..

Marik's heart stopped beating with shock..