Chapter 18

Time was running out. Marik and Bakura had to do something. After all, Bakura did promise. "How about a nice dinner? And then after, we sit in the woods and stare at the stars?" Bakura asked. Marik nodded with a small smile. "Yes. That sound fine. Where should we go?" He asked. "I know a good place in town. Want to try it?" Marik nodded again. "Well, let's not dilly-dally. We haven't much time." Bakura pushed Marik upstairs. "Get dressed. We need to do this. Tonight."

"Alright, Bakura."

--

Bakura waited downstairs. He wore a blue button-up and nice dress pants. He attempted to put a tie on, but he left it around his neck. "Eh.. Marik can help me later. "

Marik grabbed his fancy shirt and put it on, buttoning it until he reached his collar bone. He looked at himself in the mirror and sighed. "I wish I could keep you forever, Baku.." he opened his door and walked down the stairs.

Bakura looked up at him and smiled. "Looking good, as usual." He chuckled smally. Marik blushed and fixed his tie. "Looks like I need to teach you how to tie a tie." Bakura chuckled once more and looked at Marik. "You look very nice as well, Bakura." Marik crossed his arms and smiled. "Well, we better get going. I don't know when the place closes."

They headed out and held hands as they walked. They didn't care what others said, they were going to make the night perfect. They both gazed up at the stars. "Beautiful night?" Asked Bakura. "Couldn't have chosen a better night for this." Marik smiled.

They arrived at the restaurant and waited for a table. A waiter then took them to their seats. When they sat, they looked at each other and smiled. "I appreciate this, Baku." Marik smiled and laid his chin on his hands. Bakura shrugged. "...Last thing we can do until I go.." he mumbled softly. "So..tonight, I'm going to make this night unforgettable."

They ordered their food and ate. Bakura messed around a bit to make Marik laugh. Of course, he succeeded. Bakura then ordered two glasses of Champagne. Together, they drank and enjoyed their time. Soon, the bill came and they paid and left. "Woods?" Bakura asked. "Let's go. I'm taking you there then.." Marik grabbed Bakura's hand and pulled him to the woods.

When they arrived, Marik pushed him down on the ground to sit. Marik moved beside him and leaned against him. They looked up into the skies. "See the stars?" Bakura pointed to them. "Yeah. Why?"
"I just want you to know, when I'm gone, I won't really be. I'll be in your heart. As well as up there. I'll be looking down and watching over you until I return." Marik started to tear up. "You promise...?" He asked. Bakura nodded. "I promise."