Chapter 10

This was the end...

Marik closed his eyes and waited for the trigger to shoot.

"Lay one finger on the boy.. and you foolish mortals will rue the day you were born.." the voice was cold and harsh. Marik opened his eyes and looked towards the direction the voice came from.

Bakura.

Tears streamed down Marik 's face, him pleading for help. The guy who was pointing the gun at Marik was pushed back by Bakura, knocking the other over.

Marik ran towards him and hid behind Bakura.

The guys shook with fear, like a cat to a lion. A smirk slid across Bakura's face. " Any last words, mortals?" Bakura asked. The two men were speechless and afraid of the spirit that lurked the alley.

One guy lost his fear and stood with bravery pointing the gun at Bakura, " Yes. One. " He then shot the bullet towards Marik, it hitting his stomach. Bakura's eyes widened and saw Marik fall to the ground, groaning in pain. His fury grew and instantly sent both of them to the Shadow Realm, then running to Marik. He lifted the Egyptian and held him close.

Marik gripped into Bakura with tears falling. He was in pain, blood fell. Bakura took off his coat and wrapped it around Marik's waist. "I-...I don't know how long this will last.. I need to hurry.." Bakura quickly picked Marik up and ran as fast as he could to the hospital.

--

The doctors had taken in Marik and had taken care of his wound. Bakura waited shakily in the waiting room, crying from time to time. This is all my fault... He though to himself. If Marik dies, there's no reason for Bakura to live. Marik was the only thing he really came back.. After the night Marik confessed, he had also grown feelings for Marik. And now, he may die, all because he left for a second.

The doctor came and told him it was safe to go and see Marik. He quickly got up and followed the doctor to the room where Marik was laid.

Marik was asleep, with an IV in his hand, and bandages around his stomach. The doctor left Bakura alone with him.

It was quiet.

Bakura walked over to him and sat next to him. " I'm sorry..." he muttered out. Marik laid motionless. "This is all my fault! If I hadn't left, this wouldn't have happened!" Bakura dropped his head on the bed, sobbing quietly.

He lifted his head and grasped ahold of Marik's hand and kissed it gently. "Don't worry.." he said, " from now on, I'll protect you for as long as I live. " He wiped his eyes.

"Because I love you..."