Chapter 16

Today was the day. She was going to find out the babies gender. Bailey sat on her bed, braiding a sleeping Bose's hair. Bailey rubbed her eyes. She had been extremely tired lately... like she was stuck in some weird dream.

————————— The Real World? ————————

Chapa sat by Baileys bed in the infirmary. Bailey cracked a smile, still dreaming.
"Chapa you haven't went home in 3 weeks. Your mother called and she's worried. You should just go home and spend the night. I know you miss her. Now how are those bites doing?" Ray soothed. Chapa showed Ray her bandage wrapped hand.
"I can't believe she bit you in her sleep." Ray laughed. Chapa laughed as she rubbed Baileys arm.
"When can we wake her up?" Bailey asked. Ray chuckled, shaking his head.
"Soon. Schwoz is so close to finishing the formula." Ray reassured for the 20th time today.
"I really miss her." Chapa complained.
"Well you'll get your girlfriend back soon." Ray teased.
"She's not my girlfriend..." Chapa muttered. Baileys smile danced across her face, pure joy clear as daylight.
"I wonder what's she's dreaming about." Chapa whispered, rubbing Baileys knuckles.
"Hahaha! I did it! Who's a good Schwoz? I'm a good Schwoz!" Schwoz celebrated. The kids all looked up, watching him inject a fire truck red liquid into Baileys IV. Everyone watched as her body thrashed. Then, Bailey shot up, screaming. Bailey looked around, caught wind of Chapas face, and kissed her right there. Everyone gasped as Bailey pulled away, Chapas face as red as the remaining liquid.
"Why am I... What about the-.... Can someone explain what's going on?" Bailey asked running her eyes.
"You never woke up when after we took a nap in the Mans Nest, after my kickboxing and gymnastics lessons." Chapa whispered, still red from Baileys kiss..Bailey made a face, trying to hold back a laugh.
"Umm... I did wake up... then you called us "Just Best Friends", then we went to S.w.A.G, then I asked you to be my girlfriend, you said yes, we made out, my fangs came down, we found out I was a Veela, and... then I marked Chapa, you passed out, I thought I killed you, and then we found out the Veela saliva had entered your bloodstream, and this morning Bose and I found out we we're getting a baby sister. Oh, and then it rained puppies." Bailey confessed. Everyone looked around, confused as hell.

"Are we going to ignore the fact Bailey called Chapa her girlfriend... or...yeah?" Mika asked. Bailey looked to Chapa, her once smiling face, almost covered in sweat, and starting to lose a few tears.
"So...it was all a dream?" Bailey asked. The team nodded as Bailey looked down, hiding her face. Chapa ran a finger across Baileys cheek. Bailey got up and silently walked to the bathroom.everyone stood in shock. Had Bailey told "them" things they didn't know, and just left them out of her dream summary? Bose walked to the bathroom door. He could hear his sisters cries behind the door. Bose knocked once, twice, and three times before it opened. Bose slipped through the small space Bailey allowed, and sat next to his sister on the floor.
"Why was it a dream, Bose? Why did I have to wake up? It was all so real..." Bose gave his sister a sympathetic look, before hugging her. Bailey wiped her tears up, and stared at the floor.
"So Chapa was your girlfriend?" Bose asked. Bailey nodded.
"You were so happy when we found out it was a girl. You were jumping around, and even asked me to teach you how to braid hair..." Bailey whispered. Bose smiled.
"I do want a baby sister. But I wouldn't mind a brother. Dress him up in a tuxedo. Now he's a very distinguished gentleman." Bose joked, earning a chuckle from Bailey.