Chapater 10

Bailey was dragged by her ear downstairs, forced to sit on the couch against her own will, and her mouth was covered by her mothers hands.
"Okay. I know your not so keen on having a sibling, which you made very clear yesterday, so, we got you this." Vice Mayor Willard said, holding out a baby doll. Bailey grunted.
"This baby doll is top of the line. Cries, creates fecal waste, eats, does everything a real baby does. Your job is to care for the doll, and show me that you can be a responsible older sibling." Mr. Willard instructed. Baileys face lit up.
"Of course father! We shall certainly look after the dev- I mean baby." Bailey said through her teeth glaring at Bose with a crooked smile. Bailey grabbed the doll as the siblings raced upstairs.

"Let's name her Petunia." Bailey said out of the blue. Bose looked at her with a raised eyebrow.
"Then we won't feel bad when we break her on purpose." Bailey pushed. Bose started to laugh as the two ran outside. Bailey grabbed a softball bat, and gave the doll to Bose.
"Batter up!" Bose yelled pitching the doll about three feet away. Bailey smacked the doll and sent it soaring about 15 feet. The two ran over to find not even a scratch on the doll. In fact, the Petunia was giggling. Bose took his turn, and hit Petunia right into a tree. Still, the doll didn't even have a dent. The two then went to the deck on the second floor. Bailey threw the doll hurling towards the ground at a fast pasce. The two ran down, hoping the doll had shattered into pieces. But, the only evidence of the abuse, was a scratch as thin as a hair. The two groaned as the went up to the roof with a kickball.

"Okay Bose. Based on the two weights, which do you think will hit the ground first?" Bailey asked.
"The doll!" Bose cheered. Bailey gave a nod.
"But which one will bounce back the highest? That's what we're figuring out." The kids laughed and dropped the two and ran to the driveway expecting a shattered doll. Not a new scratch. Bailey varied the doll by its toes as they left to go eat dinner. The kids sat down, the doll still babbling, and Bailey ripping her hair out.
"So...you kids have fun with the doll?" Charlotte asked. Bailey banged her fists on the table.
"NO! Hit it with a metal bat 15 feet, won't break! Hit it going 25 miles an hour into a tree, won't break! Slam it into a concrete driveway from a second floor balcony? Won't break! Drop it off a roof! Won't FUDGING BREAK! I hate this! We aren't five! I'm 14 dad! I shouldn't be taking care of a rubber doll when I barely get along with BOSE!" Bailey screamed, storming off. Bose got up and went to his room, leaving the doll on the chair.

Bailey sat in her room, a small pile of snow on the wooden floor. Bailey shaped the snow into a small little snowman, put buttons for his eyes and, well, buttons, pens for his arms, and a baby carrot she stole from the dinner table. Bailey grabbed the pen and made the snowman wave.
"Hi! I'm Olaf! And I like warm hugs!" Bailey giggled. Bailey jumped onto her bed, turning on a specific song that she knew by heart, but she loved changing the words.

"I'm gonna be a mighty queen so enemies beware
Well I've never seen a queen of beasts with quite so little hair
I'm gonna be the main event, like no queen was before
I'm brushing up on looking down
I'm working on my roar
Thus far, a rather uninspiring thing
Oh, I just can't wait to be queen

No one saying do this
No one saying be there
No one saying stop that
No one saying see here
Now see here!

Free to run around all day
Free to do it all my way

Well I think it's time that you and I arranged a heart to heart
Queens don't need advice from little hornbills for a start
If this is where the monarchy is headed, count me out!
Out of service, out of Swellview
I wouldn't hang about
This child is getting wildly out of wing
Oh, I just can't wait to be queen

Everybody look left
Everybody look right
Everywhere you look I'm
Standing in spotlight
Not yet

Let every creature go for broke and sing
Let's hear it in the herd and on the wing
It's gonna be queen Baileys finest fling

Oh, I just can't wait to be queen
To be queen!"

Bailey sang jumping on her bed, getting louder and louder, to the point she was belting it on the top of her lungs. It was actually very common for Bailey to start screaming song lyrics like this. Bailey continued jumping on her bed. Bose was in his room listening to his sisters musical protests. Chapa knocked on his window.
"Hey Chapa!" Bose said happily helping her climb in.
"Is Bailey killing someone? I heard screaming." Chapa asked. At that moment, Bailey started belting out another Disney song.

"Reindeers are better than people
Bose, don't you think that's true?
Yeah, people will beat you and curse you and cheat you
Every one of em's bad, except you

But people smell better than reindeers
Bose, don't you think I'm right?
That's once again true, for all except you
Why not me? Let's call it a night.
Good night. Don't let the frostbite bite."

Bailey screamed, knowing her dad would suffer the largest headache. Chapa raised an eyebrow staring at the door.
"So. Is she okay, er." Chapa stuttered.
"Yeah she's just throwing a tantrum." Bose laughed. Chapa left and knocked Baileys door. The pounding music stopped an the door creaked open.
"Password." Bailey asked.
"Cuddles." Chapa joked, the door flying open, and Bailey dragging Chapa into her room, slamming the door behind her. Chapa laughed as Bailey hugged Chapa tightly. Chapa stopped laughing to feel her shirt begin to become damp. Chapa looked over to find Bailey crying.
"Bailey? What's wrong?" Chapa asked. Bailey continued crying, shaking her head. At this point, after singing 'I Just Can't Wait to be King', 'Reindeers Are Better Than People', 'Into the Unknown', 'Let it Go', 'How Far I'll Go', and even 'Por ti Volare', her voice was hoarse and almost gone. Bailey cried on Chapas shoulder, and actually fell asleep sitting up. Chapa looked at Bailey and laid back, resting Baileys head on her chest. Chapa stared at Baileys red, puffy eyes, and kissed her forehead. Chapa grabbed Baileys phone and called Catrina.
"Hey C! It's Chapa!" Chapa said.
Hey Chapa! What's up?
"I'm sleeping over at Mikas. Tell mom for me." Chapa asked.
Yeah sure. Goodnight.
"Goodnight." Chapa hung up and placed Baileys phone down. Chapa turned off Baileys alarm, even though it was Wednesday tomorrow, and Chapa didn't care if they were late. Chapa snuggled up, spooning Bailey, and drifted off to sleep.

After the screaming stopped. Charlotte and Vice Mayor Willard became worried about Bailey. The two walked upstairs, and opened the door, which Bailey had frozen the lock, and had to break the ice to be able to check on her. Vice Mayor Willard smiled when he saw the two girls laying together, Bailey letting out an occasional cough. Though Charlotte in the other hand, was disgusted by the sight.
"You're really gonna let them sleep together?" Charlotte asked.
"Their good girls. Plus I don't wanna wake them up. They'll be fine. Let's go to bed." Mr. Willard concluded, closing the door behind him.