Chapter 4

Bailey watched as her father left the room.
"Okay Bailey, Washington will be helping at the Gala so will you be okay alone?" He asked.
"Yes Father." Bailey replied weakly. Mr. Willard smiled and left before Miles teleported in and brought Bose and  Bailey and their stuff to the Mans Nest to get ready. Everyone was already their, and Chapa was nowhere to be seen.
"She says she wants to surprise us. I don't know why I stopped listening." Mika explained, brushing her hair. Bailey sat down at the light blue vanity Schwoz put out for her and started to get ready.

Now, everyone was dressed. Bailey had on a knee length baby blue dress, her white gloves, hair in a fishtail braid, with little flowers weaved in, and a snowflake pin at the top of the braid, blue eyeshadow, with a pair of playground shorts on, and white flats. Mika wore a silver dress that went below her knees, silver eye shadow, her hair in a bun with a logo pin, and silver flats. The three boys sported black tuxedos, Bose with a dark blue shirt and tie, Miles a yellow shirt and bow tie, and Ray wore a white shirt with a black tie. The group all had their masks on, and were waiting on Chapa, who was in the bathroom.

Chapa paced back and forth trying to figure out if she had dressed good enough. Everything was going wrong. She had trouble tying the stupid bow that held the dress tight to her waist, she had no clue how to put on her red eyeshadow, her mask was the least of her problems, and here she was trying to put a stupid hair clip in her short hair. Chapa sat on the closed toilet, face in her hands and cried. She wanted to look good for tonight. But that was just ruined. Chapa hated wearing dresses, they made her legs itch. She hated putting makeup on, it always got everywhere. And the damn, stupid, freaking, clip, the clip never stayed in place. Chapa cried before she heard a knock on the door.
"Go away! I'm coming out in a few!" She said through tears. Bailey walked in and shut the door behind her. Bailey looked around her. Makeup in the sink, shoes on the floor, and Chapa crying. Bailey squatted in front of Chapa and stroked her arm.

"Chapa? What's wrong?" Bailey asked. Chapa shook her head she cried her eyes out. Bailey took a deep breath. She hadn't done this in years. Bailey wrapped her arms around Chapa and hugged her. Chapa hugged back and slowly calmed down. Bailey assessed the problem. Chapa needed new eyeshadow, which would take five minutes, she needed help with a hair clip that sat on the floor, and needed to put her shoes and mask on. Bailey grabbed the makeup pallet and found a light red. She grabbed a corner of toilet paper and quietly started to dry Chapas eyes. Chapa stared at Bailey as she got to work. Slowly Bailey put on Chapas makeup and mask, followed by brushing Chapas messy hair. Bailey let some hair fall on Chapas forehead, before pinning it back with the hair clip. Bailey smiled as she looked over the red clip. It was beautiful. Bailey grabbed Chapas shoes and helped her get them on. Now, Chapa was dressed and ready to go. Bailey took one last look. Chapa was stunning.

"If you need help, just ask okay Chapa?" Bailey laughed. Chapa nodded. She was embarrassed. She felt like a baby. Bailey and Chapa walked out into the Mans Nest where everyone waited.
"There you two are! What took so long!" Ray asked causing Bailey to laugh.
"Someone had a little fit and started crying because she couldn't put her pin in her hair." Bailey said to Ray quietly. Ray nodded and patted Chapas back.
"Let's go to Vice Mayor Willards house." Ray said as Miles teleported them to Castle Willards. Everyone stood in awe.
"You live here!" Mika asked skeptical. Bailey and Bose laughed.
"Welcome to Castle Willards." Bailey joked. The group walked in where Washington greeted them.

"Captain Man and Danger Force. So very good to see you. Vice Mayor Willard would like to meet with you in his office. Third floor to the left. I was strictly told not to escort you. My deepest apologies." Washington claimed.
"Not a problem we'll go right now." Said Ray looking to Bailey. Bailey lead the way down a white hallway to an elevator.
"You have an elevator?" Miles asked. The siblings nodded. They went up to the third floor and to Mr. Willards office. Bailey knocked three times before the door swung open.
"Danger Force and Captain Man! Come on in!" Mr. Willard said slurring his words.  Bailey rolled her eyes knowing her father made sure there was Posca. A sour drink it was. You would be drunk just drinking a shot glass of it that is. It smelled good though. Very fruity, which covered the disgusting taste of the vodka poured in it.
"So! How ya been! Oh a fine night it is for a party! So! I need help. I can't seem to find my glasses." Mr Willard asked slurring his words.
"Mr. Vice Mayor Willard? Your glasses are on your head." Bailey pointed out.
"Oh so they are. Thank you Volt." Mr. Willard said making Chapa snicker.

The team went back down stairs as Bailey showed them around the main hall. Chapa stared at Bailey the whole, entire, time. Bailey noticed, but acted like she didn't notice it, she liked the attention. They were currently at a small table set up, having a light dinner.
"I want Nacho Ball." Bose complained.
"I wanna be Bailey so I can ask Washington for ice cream!" Bailey whinnied.
"I wanna pee. Bailey? Where is the bathroom?" Chapa asked Bailey got up and Chapa followed.
Bailey walked down a the white hall, and across from the elevator, was the bathroom. Bailey smiled. Chapa looked down.
"Chapa? You seem upset. What's wrong?" Bailey asked upset. Chapa looked up.
"Im just a little upset that's all. I wanted some only time away from the others." Chapa confessed, sitting against the wall. Bailey sat next to her. Bailey slowly tried to put her arm around Chapa in a caring way. Chapa smiled as she tried to rest her head on Baileys shoulder. The girls sat in a awkward silence.

"Wanna go see a movie with me tomorrow?" Bailey asked. Chapa smiled.
"Okay!" She said happy. Bailey smiled as she held Chapa against her. Chapa couldn't help but smile. This was what she wanted. She wanted Baileys attention. But Bailey really only did see Chapa as a friend. Yeah, she thought Chapa was very cute. But, Bailey had her beliefs. And one of them, was that there is no such thing as love.