Chapter 17

Bailey laid curled up in bed. Her stomach felt like it had been slammed against a brick wall. All she wanted to do today was lay in bed, cry, sleep, puke, repeat. Bose trailed behind Washington as he helped Bailey get comfortable after she just puked her guts out, and applied an ice cold rag to her forehead. Bailey smiled, her eyes closing, slipping into an unconscious state.
"Are you sure you don't want to stay home from school, young master Bose?" Washington asked.
"No thanks. I'll bring her school work home. By Washington!"  Bose chirped up as he left.
———————

Ray paced back and forth. The siblings were over an hour and a half late.  Bose casually walked in, a box of doughnuts, and a entire blended chocolate cake in his hands.
"Sup." Bose said, causing Mika to laugh, quickly blushing. Ray stood up pounding his fists on the desk.
"Where is your sister?" Ray asked.
"Bailey woke up with a 104.3 fever. She hasn't been able to stay awake for more then ten minutes, and has been puking her stomach up." Bose whispered to Ray, avoiding Chapa overhearing. Ray gave a hesitant sigh, carrying on with a doughnut in his mouth. Chapa kept looking to the door, waiting for Bailey.

"That's it! WHERE IS SHE BOSE!" Chapa screamed standing up. A drowsy Bailey stumbled through the door.
"S-Sorry I'm la-ate. Has it-t always been this c-c-cold?" Bailey asked falling into her seat. Ray shook his head as he squatted in front of the small girl.
"You need to go home, Bailey." Ray ordered. Bailey shook her head shivering.
"Charlotte and my Dad. T-They really want a baby. T-Too loud if you know what I mean." Bailey whispered. Ray stood up shaking his head.
"Alright. But if this gets worse it's to the Mans Nest do you understand?" Ray asked earning a nod. The class sat quietly, with an occasional sniffle, or cough that was followed with a weak groan.

"Alright I wanna see you guys punch the body bags. Bailey go see Schwoz. He wants to run a test." Bailey nodded, pulling her thin, gray hat over her eyes, and zooming upstairs. The four kids fought against the body bags, until Bailey came back down, crying, her face red and sticky from tears.
"Bailey what's wrong?" Chapa asked rushing over.
"They lied! They said it was gone!" Bailey freaked out. Schwoz came back down crying, shaking his head.
"It's back. It's targeting her brain. She needs to go back for treatment." Schwoz said through tears. Bailey ripped her hat off, dramatically throwing it on the ground.
"I GIVE UP! ITS TOO MUCH!" Bailey screamed clenching her cranium. Chapa picked the hat off the ground and rubbed Baileys cheek.
"It's okay Bailey. We're going to help you get through it." Chapa lulled. Ray ran in the room, panicking.
"We can talk about Bailey later. Tomorrow is Parent day. Just bring your parents. All the schools in Swellview are doing so we gotta do it too." Ray ordered.

——————Parent Day ———————

John and Charlotte walked behind their two kids, smiling proudly. Bailey and Bose closed their eyes as they opened the door to S.w.A.G. The family was running late, due to Bailey throwing a tantrum, Bose freaking out, and falling down the stairs, and having to be rushed to the ER to make sure that the concussion sustained wasn't that bad, plus if the day could be any worse, Charlotte experienced a wave of morning sickness... all over Johns dress jacket. The family walked in ten minutes late, Bailey still angry and each step having an enraged stomp in it, Bose walking blindly because of the ice pack on his forehead and his eye. Why his eye, Baile punched him, when he walked in without knocking, scaring her, and paying for it badly, and Charlotte leaned against John, still feeling a bit dizzy. The family took their seats, Bailey still passing angry looks at Bose. Chapa leaned over, passing Bailey a small piece of chocolate. Bailey gave up a small smile, and quickly devoured the treat.

"Alright parents and students. My name is Dr. Professor. Mr. Manchester, your students instructor. Also you will see uh.... professor... where is he... SCHWOZ GET OUT HERE YOU LITTLE NERD!" Ray yelled, in an Australian accent. Schwoz ran in dressed in his regular clothes.
"What I was just about to get my colonoscopy!" Schwoz fought. The kids all made gagging sounds, but Bailey quickly got slapped in the back of her head letting out a small cry of pain. Ray gave a hidden pointed to John.
"The parents are here! Cancel it!" Ray ordered.
"But I need to get my colonoscopy! I've waited over 5 years!" Schwoz pushed. Bailey got up from her chair in a rush and ran to the bathroom. Ray motioned to Schwoz to check on her as he continued, this time in a Scottish accent. Bailey soon walked back in, tears staining her cheeks. Chapa rolled next to Bailey, letting Bailey lean against her.
"It hurts Chapa. It's too much pain." Bailey whispered.
"I know. But you gotta push through. You gotta be strong. Be strong for me?" Chapa asked. Bailey nodded. The two leaned against each other, listening to Ray teach about math. Soon, Schwoz came in and started teaching about 'Inheritance and Variation of Traits'. Bailey, was the only on able to answer the question.

"Okay what are the four nitrogenous bases? Anyone besides Bailey?" Schwoz asked, rubbing his temples. Bailey was practically falling out of her seat with excitement. She even made little grunts and squeaks as she attempted to raise her hand higher.
"Fine. What is it Bailey?"
"Oh I got it!" Chapa said standing up. Schwoz looked over to a mischievous grin.
"Yo momma!" Chapa laughed, causing all the kids to freak out and break out laughing.
"Hey! Do not bring my Mama into this!" Schwoz yelled.
"Methane!" Bose yelled standing up. Bailey held her head as Schwoz handed her the 'Hey' horn. Bailey pressed the button so loud she dropped it can covered her own ears.
"NEVER HEY HORN A WOMAN!" Chapa yelled trying to hide her sparks.
"AS A WOMAN, I CAN HEY HORN YOU!" Bailey yelled back.
"YOURE NOT WOMAN!" Chapa yelled from across the room.
"I'M MORE OF A WOMAN THAN YOU ARE, SPARKS." Bailey yelled, barley able to hear.
"Someone answer the ringing in my ears?" Bailey asked. Ray came back in, five yoga balls in tow on a sleigh.

"Gym class." Ray muttered. The kids pushed their desks aside, Bailey even getting a quick peck on the cheek. The kids were spread out on yoga balls, quietly bouncing on top. All except Bailey. That girl had no balance. She was lucky she had her gloves on, or ice would be everywhere. Bailey kept wobbling, trying to grab at Boses shirt, and attempt to pull him with her. The rest of that day was a mess. The Willards got home, and when the siblings reached the top of the double stairs, Bailey pushed Bose down.
"DAD! BOSE FELL DOWN THE STAIRS AGAIN!" Bailey yelled, casually taking the elevator to the basement. Bailey walked over to the cage of mice. Bailey grabbed 5 brown mice by their tails and dropped them in the pool.
"Dinner!" Bailey called. Immediately, the snakes slithered out of their hiding spots, gobbling up the little mice. Bailey looked around, and counted them. Then a shriek was heard upstairs.
"Not again..." Bailey groaned locking the pool. Bailey sluggishly walked to the living room, and found Polly scaring her parents.
"Polly. How many times do I tell you? People are friends, not food. Come on back to the basement." Bailey instructed. Polly slithered up Bailey, resting her head on Baileys shoulder.

Bailey made sure to give Polly extra pets and even and extra plump mouse. She had scared the living daylights out of Charlotte. Would more could she be thankful for?