Chapter 14

Bailey had a few days left in the hospital, and was currently in Chemotherapy. Chapa stood outside the room, pacing around. Nobody was allowed in the room while Bailey was having treatment. Bailey smiled through the window and could see Chapa staring, watching her every move.

————————-

It had been done. Bailey had finished her Chemotherapy appointment. The cancer was gone. Yes, cancer normally took multiple months and even years to cure, but Bailey had an acute case. Today, was four days before Valentine's Day. Chapa was late for school, and Bailey was starting to get worried. Chapa ran in, wearing black shorts over a red leotard. Her hair was sticking to her head, and all she had on her feet was a pair of flip flops. Chapa through a duffle bag down on the floor and looked around panicked.
"Water! I need water!" Chapa panted. Bailey handed Chapa her water bottle, with a smile.

"Where have you been?" Bailey yelled angrily . Chapa waved Bailey off as she chugged the water bottle until it was bone dry. Chapa looked up exhausted
"I was at kickboxing and gymnastics." Chapa muttered. Bailey pecked Chapas cheek, shaking her head.
"Oh Chapa. Sweet, innocent Chapa. You gotta tell me these things." Bailey laughed laying on the couch. Chapa jumped on top of Bailey, laughing.

—————.+**+.——————-

Bailey walked through the door smiling.
"Sup peeps!" Bailey laughed trying to leave a kiss on Chapas head, before Chapa moved away.
"What the hell, Bailey?!" Chapa shouted, jumping off the couch. Bailey jumped back, startled.
"W-What?" Bailey quaked. Bose followed in, smiling at the sight of Chapa.
"Hey baby." Bose smiled, kissing Chapas cheek. Bailey stood scared as Miles walked
over, leaving a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey Bailster." Miles smiled. Bailey squealed out of fright. A small hiss made her turn around.
"J-Java Bean? Good Java Bean." Bailey whispered, crying. Miles wrapped his arms around Bailey, looking at her face, searching for something.
"What's wrong Bailey?" Miles asked. Bailey started crying, falling down to a squat, clutching her bald head in her hands.
"Bailey? What's going on?" Ray asked. Bailey let out a shriek, bawling her eyes out, everything going blurry.
"NO! Go away! GO AWAY!" Bailey screamed. The kids gathered around the crying Bailey, looks of concern.
"Bailey. Wake up. Bailey!"

——————

Bailey screamed, grasping at the table, her breathe trying to pace itself. Bailey looked over to the scared Chapa. Her eyes went to Miles, who was leaning against the couch. Then, she looked to Bose, who's arms were wrapped around Mika.
"C-Chapa?" Bailey whimpered.
"Yeah?" Chapa asked.
"Um. Chapa? W-Who's my brother dating?" Bailey asked. Chapa laughed.
"Mika... but they say it's nothing." Chapa laughed. Bailey dried her tears, and looked to Chapa.
"S-so your n-not dating my brother?" Bailey stuttered earning a laugh.
"Not in his dreams." Chapa laughed. Bailey looked deep into Chapas eyes, admiring the shine in her eyes.

The two were snapped out of the stares when Mika spoke up.
"No wonder their dating." She laughed.
"Actually... me and Chapa never really were 'official'" Bailey laughed. Chapa leaned against Baileys side, smiling.
"This is just our way of being best friends." Chapa joked. But those words, best friends, they felt like knives stabbing into Baileys heart. Bailey got up, and raced to the S.w.A.G classroom. The minute Bailey reached the classroom, she broke into quiet sobs, hiding under her desk.

Chapa came down with the kids, and heard Bailey crying under her desk. Chapa looked under and pulled Bailey out.
"Bailey? What's wrong?" Chapa asked.
"All those times. Everything we've done. Has it all been... for nothing? Has it meant nothing to you?" Bailey asked, tears collecting in her eyes.
"Of course not! I love everything we do together! Why would you ask that?" Chapa asked.
"Just 'best friends'! Oh I'm sorry, bestie! I didn't know!" Bailey cried. Chapa stood quiet before rubbing her forehead.
"You guys give us a sec?" Chapa asked. The others nodded and left. Chapa smiled weakly, watching Bailey pout, staring at the floor.
"So. You don't like being called my best friend?" Chapa teased. Bailey looked up pouting.
"Mhm." Bailey mumbled. Chapa smirked, grasping Baileys hips. Bailey looked straight into Chapas eyes.
"Then what would you call this? Us?" Chapa teased. Bailey smirked, leaning her forehead against Chapas.

"Lula Elena Chapa Da Silva. I want you to be my girlfriend." Bailey ordered. Chapa smiled.
"Or what?" Chapa sassed. Baileys eyes gleamed an unfamiliar glow. The shine in Baileys eyes, made her look possessed. Her hazel eyes seemed to glow a jade green. Baileys eyes glowed as she shoved Chapa against her desk. Baileys smile turned into one of a devils. The others watched upstairs. They watched Bailey and Chapa make out. Ray gasped as he watched.
"Where did she learn to do that?!" Ray gasped.
"I don't know! But damn... she took control of Chapas attitude real quick!" Bose gasped.

Bailey sucked on Chapas neck before Chapa felt a poke against her neck.
"Ouch." Chapa groaned, rubbing her neck. Bailey pulled away scared.
"Chapa? What's wrong?" Bailey asked.
"Um. Why do you have fangs?" Chapa asked. Bailey grabbed her phone, and realized that her k9 teeth had turn into fangs.
"I don't know! Worry later? Kiss now?" Bailey asked. Chapa shook her head. Mika came down, and rushed over to see that Baileys fangs were gone.

"Aha! I knew it! Bailey! Your a Veela!" Mika gasped pointing at a website.
"A what?" Bailey asked. Mika rolled her eyes reading the definition.
"A Veela. Veela are semi-human magical beings; beautiful women with white-gold hair and skin that appears to shine moon-bright. When angry, Veela take on a less pleasant appearance; their faces elongate into sharp, cruel-beaked bird heads, and long scaly wings burst from their shoulders! It also says that Veelas only have one true love, and if that one true love rejects them, their heart actually breaks, and they will die. Though.. it says that a persons inner Veela awakens at 18. Though there have been accounts of only small percent veelas having their inner Veela awaken at young ages." Mika blabbed.

"So... I'm a villa?" Bailey questioned.
"A Veela. It also says that Veelas say that they might have extended hearing, and can feel their mates emotions. Once the Veela finds their mate, they must go through a process to insure they are mated to their partner for life. It's a three step process. Acceptance, Marking, and Mating. Though, depending on the sexuality of the Veela, the process may be different. But it is also known to be different from Veela to Veela." Mika read. Bailey looked over rolling her eyes.
"That doesn't explain the fangs." Bailey sassed.
"Getting their." Mika groaned.

"After the Veelas mate has accepted them, they will move on to the marking process. This is to show that their partner is claimed. The Veela will grow fangs similar to a vampires, which are used to pierce their mates skin, which will allow the Veela to inject their mate with their... ew. They will inject their saliva into their mates bloodstream, which can make their mate go through a process that may make them look like they went through plastic surgery, and turn out like an angel." Mika finished.

"Okay... but you said that Veelas have blond hair. I don't want to rain on your parade Mika, but my hair is as brown as a dark chocolate candy bar." Bailey joked. Mika rolled her eyes.
"Your only a very small percent Veela. So, along the line, the dark hair gene was passed on. I mean, your as pale as a marshmallow Bailey, that's a Veela attribute. Oh. Um. Maybe you should ask your dad about what happens if you do the process out of order." Mika quaked. Bailey grabbed the tablet and read the article out loud.

"One account of Veela mating described that a Veela attempted to do the process out of order. A man that's name shall not be mentioned, attempted to mate before the acceptance and marking, and in result, his partner... burst...into...flames as soon as he attempted to mark her. " Bailey trailed. Chapa was as pale as a ghost.
"The marking and mating process is normally done together, since the sudden rise of emotions in the Veela starts to take over. The Veela may tend to grow restless if the couple decides to wait on the marking process after the Veela is accepted. The Veela will also grow overly protective of their mate." Bailey finished. Bailey scratched her head laughing.

"So I was probably going to end up marking Chapa If you didn't walk in. Great. Okay. I'm gonna go home. See you people. Love you Chapa." Bailey said rushing out. No such thing as love. No such thing as love.

A/N.
Wonder where the term Veela comes from. Harry Potter. Veela's are actually really interesting.