Chapter 7

The kids sat quietly watching Ray angrily pace the front of the classroom. They had just bombed a mission, and Bailey couldn't do anything about it.
"I can not believe you! YOU ARE ALL TRASH! I've seen a dog fight crime better then you kids. Chapa, you didn't do anything. That's what disappointed me the most. That you never lifted a finger, and you just let them beat our butts. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT CHAPA!" Ray screamed at the top of his lungs. Chapa slammed her fists on the desk, but knew it wouldn't do anything, so she just sat down and curled up in her chair. Bailey looked around and saw the uneasy Chapa.

Everyone knew that if Chapa didn't spit back an insult, it was taken to heart. Bailey rested a hand on Chapas shoulder. Mika stood up.
"You know what? You're right. Maybe we did flunk. But you know what? This isn't all Chapas fault. If we flunk, we flunk as a team? Am I right?" Mika cheered.
"No you are completely wrong, Mika." Bailey snarled back. Chapa hung her head in shame, but felt Bailey tighten her grip on her shoulder. Bailey stomped her foot loudly on the ground, ice spilling out all over the floor.
"It's not Chapas fault. What you don't know, is that I installed with Schwoz's help, little mics and cameras on your uniforms in the middle of your mask. And you know what I saw and heard? I heard Chapa worrying about all of you. What were you doing Ray? You were trying to tell Frankini your stupid quip, while he beat you up. You know what! If you blame Chapa one more time Ray, one more time." Bailey protested, slamming her gum canister on Chapas desk.

"Then I quit. I quit, I quit, I quit! Do you know why?! Because I will not sit here and listen to you call out someone I lo-, really care about! So either you apologize to Chapa and the others for doing nothing wrong and being the cause of this mission going down hill, or live with the guilt, that this team could have been one person better, but you were the reason, that-that it turned out this way!" Bailey screamed, tears falling down her face. Ray grabbed her gum canister, and stared cautiously at it. Ray tucked it in his pocket, and crossed his arms.
"Good luck Bailey. I'm sorry this didn't turn out how you wished it did." Ray muttered about to walk away. Bailey aimed at Ray and froze his legs to the ground. Bailey screamed loudly, not even intending to say anything. It was just a loud scream. Bailey stomped her foot, sending ice everywhere. Bailey gave a look around, hugged Chapa tightly, and stormed out.

***

Nobody had seen Bailey for weeks. Bailey was hidden where nobody except Bose would look. She spent her days either in her bedroom, balling her eyes out, screaming her lungs out too. She also volunteered at the animal shelter, training a pitbull to be a therapy dog for the patients in the hospital. Bailey was currently walking Bino, he was an albino pitbull, so it was only fitting. Bailey had recently heard of a Danger Force member getting hurt yesterday. But the hospital was always swarmed with rumors. Like one time someone said Ariana Grande was there, never happened. Bailey knocked on the wooden door, hearing a weak 'come in' from the other side. Bailey opened the door, Bino sticking to her side.
"Hi! I'm Bailey! I volunteer at the animal shelter! Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I bring Bino over. So what's your...name. Oh...my...god." Bailey stuttered. In the hospital bed, a gash across her face, was Chapa. Bailey broke down in tears, rushing to Chapas side. Bino did his usual thing, which consisted of jumping on top of the bed, and taking a nice, long, nap. Bailey started crying, holding Chapas hand. Chapa caressed Baileys face, not being able to process what was going on.

"Chap- Volt? Oh my lord." Bailey was speechless as she sat down beside Chapa on the hospital bed. Chapa started crying into Baileys chest.
"Bailey you need to come back! The force just isn't the same without you. I c-cant fight without you at my s-side." Chapa whimpered. Bailey shushed her propping her up, so she could easily pet Bino.
"Chapa. Until Ray apologizes to me, I'm so sorry, but until then I can't go back. It would defeat the purpose of me and my speech."
Chapa snuggled up to Baileys side and let out a small giggle.
"I miss this." Chapa whispered. Bailey smiled and laughed.
"You know you can come over literally any day right?" Bailey giggled causing Chapa to go red.

The girls cuddled up on Chapas bed, smiling and giggling. They stayed like that before Bailey had to go visit the other patients. Chapa started throwing a fit, and Bailey was cracking up. It had definitely helped that Bailey had brought Bino. After they escaped Chapas room, Bailey made sure to let him know, he was a good boy.

***

The others had stopped by with small smiles. But Chapa was as happy as she could be.
"Ray you need to let Bailey back in the Danger Force." Mika whisper yelled outside. Ray crossed his arms in protest.
"Mika, I am an immature man-child and she quit so I'm not going to apologize for her quitting!" Ray shouted. Mika scoffed.
"It was a threat! She didn't wanna leave! She was threatening you!" Mika argued. Ray sighed as he rubbed his forehead.
"Chapa had been down in the dumps for the past few weeks! Baileys surprise visit made Chapa so happy. You know she has been upset since the accident! You should be happy Bailey wants an apology." Mika whispered. What happened in said accident? Chapa was thrown against the wall so many times she had gashes all over and had a shattered elbow. Ray paced back and forth before sighing.

"I'll get Bailey over here." Mika whispered before calling Bailey. Soon enough, Bailey was attacked by Chapa in cuddles and giggles. Bailey had to force Chapa off of her, so she could breathe. Bailey stood up, laughing at Chapas attack, and caught wind of Rays glare. Bailey turned around so they were facing each other.  Ray stepped forward and handed Bailey her gum canister.
"Why?" Bailey asked. Ray shook his head.
"We need you Bailey. I guess this is what happens when we don't have you." Ray muttered. Bailey looked down, the glowing gum canister rested in her hand. Bailey tightened her grip, freezing over the whole canister.
"Fine. On two conditions." Bailey whispered.
"Yeah?" Ray asked. Bailey whispered into Rays ear.
"One. I wanna get payed. I get payed now with training Bino, but I need more mula to save up for...something."
"Fine. Five dollars an hour." Ray whispered back.Bailey  scoffed.
"Eight dollars." Bailey pushed. Ray shrugged shaking her hand.
"Wait what's the second part?" Miles asked. Bailey smiled, faith building up inside of her. Slowly she made her way over to Chapa. Bailey was nervous. Slowly her tips froze over because of ow stressed she was in. Bailey sat down and whispered into Chapas ear.