Chapter 6

There they were. They team sat at the edge of Mt. Swellview. Bailey stared at the stars, her anxiety high. Chapa sat next to Bailey, their hands almost touching. Chapa looked over, giving Bailey a hug, while Mikas head rested on Boses shoulder. Miles stared out not caring about the others flirting. Bailey couldn't help the constant glances over to Chapa. But she had to keep repeating her moto. No such t-thing as love. No such thing as love. But Chapa sat there. The girls fingers millimeters away from touching. Chapa wanted to hold Baileys hand, and the feeling mutual. But Bailey kept repeating her saying. Bailey didn't wanna fall in love...but this girl just drove her crazy. Bailey internally screamed as Chapa rested her head on Baileys shoulder.

What were they doing on Mt. Swellview? Well they just had to stop the Walldogs from repainting the sign, now all the kids were covered in spray paint. Bailey looked over and tried with all her might not to just attack Chapa. Chapa noticed Baileys uncomfortableness and gave her shirt a tug as she got up. The girls walked over by the sign and Bailey kept her eyes off Chapa. Chapa hugged Bailey, who slightly hugged back. Bailey looked down and stared at the gravel covered ground. Chapa made Bailey look her in the eyes.

"Bailey? Something wrong?" Chapa asked. Bailey stubbornly looked away, with a hurt glare in her eyes. Chapa grabbed Baileys hands and forced her to look at her.
"Bailey! Stop ignoring me. Do I make you feel uncomfortable?!" Chapa said a bit louder, causing Bailey to shush her. Chapas rants just got louder and louder.
"Why do you hate me so much?! What have I ever done to you?!" Chapa yelled. Bailey stood scared to the bone. Chapa looked Bailey dead in the eye. Chapa was fuming. Bailey knew her chance at loving Chapa was out the window. Bailey looked and muttered a small 'I'm so sorry', before running away, leaving an angry Chapa watching her every move.
————•————
Bailey and Bose walked into SwAG, where everyone was quiet. Baileys face was red, her eyes a bit inflamed, and her arm in a sling.
"What happened to you Bailey?" Ray asked. Bailey gave a small chuckle.
"I might have sorta maybe kinda actually fell down three flights of half frozen over stairs yesterday." Bailey laughed. Chapa sat at her desk, head in her arms. Bailey was right by Chapa and lightly rubbed Chapas back. Chapa could see Baileys broken arm.

"How long they think you'll be out for?" Ray asked concerned. Hey thought Bailey was a great crime fighter. She actually didn't really need that much training. Bailey frowned.
"They said two weeks. Three if it doesn't heal properly." Bailey groaned sitting at her desk. The kids continued to 'learn', really they just messed around and talked.  Bailey had pulled her chair by Chapa, and continued to whisper little nothings into her ear.
"I'm so sorry I ran away last night Chapa. I didn't mean to. My anxiety just got so bad... I j-just couldn't take it anymore." Harper whispered. A loud crash startled everyone, causing Bose to start to freak out. Harper ran over to Bose and hugged him tightly as he continued to freak out.

"Bose calm down. Calm down. Bose it's okay. Relax buddy. I got you." Bailey hushed as Bose slightly cried into her shirt. Ended up being Schwoz drove the Man Truck into the side of the mountain, causing a rock slide. Schwoz was perfectly fine, but the Man Truck... not so much. The others watched Bailey calm Bose. 'What's wrong?' Mika mouthed.  Bailey shook her head. 'Later' she mouthed back. Everyone went upstairs to let Bailey calm down Bose, who ended up taking a nap in his chair. Bailey went upstairs and everyone bombarded her with questions.
"It's not my place to tell you guys. But I guess. Bose is slightly autistic." Bailey muttered. Everyone had thought that things Bose did made sense now. The group all started messing around, while Ray was outside, crying about his broken truck.

Bailey and Chapa sat next to each other on the couch, Chapa leaned up against Baileys side. Bailey hummed along to 'We Three Kings of Orient Are', her favorite Christmas song of all times. Bailey looked over to find Chapa out cold on her shoulder. Bailey smiled, and Mika caught wind of it.
"Okay truth time. Do you like-like Chapa?" She asked. Bailey looked to Chapa and then her lap.
"I don't believe in love." She said monotony. Mika rolled her eyes.
"Bailey come on. I know you at least like her." Mika pushed.
"I don't believe in love Mika. I'm never gonna love someone. I wanna but I can't. Love hurts. It causes pain, and has almost killed me on multiple examples. Mika, I wanna love Chapa more then I love studying! B-But...I just would never live with myself if I hurt her." Bailey cried. Bailey rested Chapa more comfortably on her chest, who instantly rested her head over Baileys heart. Bailey smiled as she ran her fingers through Chapas hair.

"At least I can love her in my mind. We might never be anything but friends, but I will always love her." Bailey whispered, unknowing that Chapa was awake and forcing herself not to just kiss Bailey. The girls laid in complete silence before Bailey tilted her head and smiled.
"What's going on with you and Bose? Has the love train come into the station? Bailey asked laughing. Mika blushed.
"Well...okay I'll tell you. But don't be mad." Mika whispered. Bailey nodded.
"I-I really like-like Bose. He's just so cute." Mika blushed. Bailey laughed as she ran her hand down Chapas back.
"Ask him out. You got my permission." Bailey joked. The girls laughed as they sat there.
"I-I just don't wanna get rejected." Mika whispered. Bailey looked over and shook her head.

"Mika. All Bose ever talks about is you. 'Mika did this' or 'Mika said that and blushed. It was so cute!' Mika he's always ranting over you. Just do it." Bailey pushed. Chapa tossed and turned on Harpers chest. She slowly lifted her head up, to meet face to face with Bailey.
"Enjoy your little nap?" Bailey asked. Chapa nodded rubbing her eyes, while sitting up. Bailey smiled, loving the calm side of Chapa, the side that was rarely seen. Chapa rested her head in the crook of Baileys neck. Ray came in and scowled.
"Yuck! Their in love." Ray said running from Bailey who had jumped up and was chasing him crazy around the Mans Nest, and down the mountain. Calm. Chapa felt Calm. One of her favorite feelings besides anger. But this was not just her being calm and she knew it. She knew. She was in like-like.