Chapter 8

"Bailey whispered into her ear."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Bailey smiled as she pecked Chapas earlobe.
"You will go on a nice little d-d-date. You'll go on a date with me? You know when you get outta here?" Bailey whispered staring at her feet. Chapa instantly turned red. It would be hard not to mistake her for a tomato. Chapa grabbed Baileys hand and gave a little nod.
The two stared at each other for what felt like hours.

After Chapa was released home, she laid on the couch, sleeping in Baileys arms. Bailey smiled as she looked around, knowing nobody was watching. 
'In a world,
In a life,
In a time I know I'm alone.
You hold me,
You keep me warm,
You are always there for me.
So won't you please stay,
Stay next to me,
I need your love,
I need your prayers.

Baby look,
I've been here before,
And now baby,
This is not how it's supposed to be.
I'm supposed to hold you,
Supposed to love you,
I don't know how to love anyone.
How can I love you,
When I don't love myself.

Baby I have seen death,
I have lived at its door,
But honey let my show you,
Baby let me show you,
Darling let me show you,
Let me show you that I can love you.'

Bailey sang into Chapas ear. She didn't know that the team was watching from the SwAG classroom, from that camera on the fourth wall of the Mans Nest that they never get close to. Bose was asleep against Mika who quietly stroked his hair. Miles sat in his chair, shoving his face with popcorn, and Ray 'cried' in the closet. Bailey looked over Chapa, afraid to wake her up.
"I wanna love you Chapa. But... how am I supposed to love you, when I tell myself that I don't believe in love. Besides... you're probably into my dumb brother, or Miles. You'd never like someone like me. See? This is why I don't love. Why I don't feel. Because it always hurts me. I just want you to be happy Chapa. I shouldn't have made you go on a date with me. How could I be so stupid." Bailey whined. Chapa lay completely still, and alert. She wanted to cry in Baileys arms. And she did. Chapa broke into a small sob. Bailey noticed and shushed the girl, rocking her in her arms.

"Oh darling calm down. It's okay. I got you. Don't cry Chapa." Bailey hushed. But Chapa kept crying. Her small sobs broke into her full on weeping. Chapa cried into Baileys shirt, not caring about Baileys protests to calm down. Chapa was too depressed to be snarky. Plus, it was Bailey, and she didn't wanna be mean to Bailey.  Chapa snuggled her face into Baileys shoulder. Bailey smiled sadly, picking Chapa up onto her hip. Chapa was incredibly light. Bailey giggled as she spun around, causing Chapa to lighten up a bit, and let out a small laugh. Chapa couldn't help but laugh, while Bailey paraded around the Mans Nest, Chapa on her back. The emergency hotline rang, as Bailey set Chapa on the couch.

"Captain Man and Danger Force emergency hotline. This is Frostbite speaking, how can we save you today?" Bailey answered. Chapa laughed her head off on the couch.
"Nerd!" Chapa yelled. Bailey shot a flurry of snow at Chapa.
"So there's a bunch of naked, elderly, old people, running around a spa, because they weren't allowed in the sauna?" Bailey asked looking to Chapa with a scared face.
"Sorry! Wrong number!" Bailey trembled ending the call. Chapa stood up.
"What's gonna happen with the old folks?" Chapa asked.
"Eh. Let the police take care of it." Bailey shrugged. Ray and the others came upstairs and brought bags of sweets and sodas with them.

"So it's either Flarry Dotter, or 'Man I Feel Like A Hero: One Captain Man's Journey of Self Discovery (A Captain Man-ifesto * A True Story of the Boy Who Became Captain Man)! [THE MOVIE]" Ray announced. The kids all started groaning.
"Obviously Flarry Dotter. Who would wanna watch your movie?" Bailey sassed. Small 'oohs' filled the room as Ray acted offended. Bailey grabbed a brightly colored soda, it was a teal one, probably lemon lime. The team started watching the movie, only for the power to go out, and a storm stir outside. The kids screamed as a bolt of lightning struck, causing Chapa and Bailey to laugh. They turned around and found the others curled up on the floor.

"You guys are so weak." They said in unison. Bailey laughed as she grabbed a handful of popcorn.
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Bailey stared into the wet night sky. Chapa happily smiled next to Bailey. So far, the date had gone according to plan. Bailey looked over to Chapa, their glances crossing paths. Bailey smiled. It felt as if some magnetic force drew the girls together. Bailey rested her hand on Chapas cheek, both girls leaning in closet and closer. Bailey let a small smile decorate her face.
"C-Can I?" Bailey whispered. Chapa gave a small nod. Bailey went to do it. Their lips millimeters apart before... their gum canisters buzzed, along with Baileys phone. Bailey screamed standing up.

"What the bloody hell do you want!" Bailey screamed. Bailey hung up and screamed again, punching a near by tree. Chapa looked over.
"What did he want?" Chapa asked. Bailey shook her head.
"I don't know. I don't really care either." Bailey said resting her hand on Chapas cheek. The two leaned in before hearing a girly squeal, and grossed out tones.
"Ew! Their kissing!" Ray cringed. Bailey pulled away and slammed her head against a tree, and started to cry.
"One kiss! That's all I want!" She balled. Chapa crossed her arms and blew a bubble. The rest of the team went to go stop a babbling, bumbling, band of literal baboons trying to break into the mall, while Bailey fell asleep, with a new person in mind to kill. Ray was her next target.