Puppy in disguise

"Derek?" Said Luke and pried his hand from Derek's grasp. The vampire frowned when the pain returned but quickly turned away from Derek, so he wouldn't see that the pain was that bad.

"You...you are dying." Whispered Derek as he looked at the boy in front of him with wide eyes.

"So what? It's not like I haven't died before."

"...What was it like? Dying?" Asked the werewolf while averting the others eyes, not knowing if it was a rude question to ask.

"The way I died? Slow and painful. But coming back to life was worse." Said Luke and shivered at the memory. Both then heard the door opening and closing downstairs.

"That's Alan. You should probably go. I don't think he would like to see you in his house after you kidnapped him." Derek's face reddened.

"Oh. Yeah...uh, sorry about that." Luke laughed quietly and then looked up at Derek.

"You're just a puppy in disguise, aren't you Derek?"

-Time skip-

"I've dreamt about this place. I - I remember the staircase. I remember these - these walls. I remember - everything." Luke yawned and stretched when he heard two familiar voices.

"You've been here?" Asked Derek and Luke watched from the roof construction.

"No, never. I dreamt it. There's no one else here, and no one else is coming? No, please-Please don't, okay? I'll shut up-I'll never say another word again. I'll leave Scott alone. Please, you can't do this! Please! I-I don't deserve it." Whimpered Jackson as Derek started to walk towards him.

"I think you do."

"N-no!"

"Jesus Christ...Who would have thought that you'd be such a whimp?" Groaned Luke.

"W-what are you doing here?" Shakily asked Jackson when his eyes finally landed on the vampire.

"Chillin'." Said Luke and stretched his arms. Derek rolled his eyes.

"Look around you! Wouldn't there be someone here trying to save you? There's no one here. There is a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one cares that you have perfect hair, and no one cares that you're captain of the lacrosse team."

"Excuse me. Co - captain." Interrupted Scott and stood between Jackson and Derek.

"Move!"

"No."

"Fine. I'll kill you too." Growled Derek but was interrupted when something flew through the window. A flash bang. "Cover your eyes! Scott! Go! Run!" And after that all hell broke loose. Luke quickly jumped to his feet and tried to avoid as many bullets as he could. From the corner of his eye, he saw Scott protecting Jackson. He looked at Derek, who signalled him to get Scott out of there. And so he did.

"It's all right, Scott. You're gonna be all right." Spoke Alan Deaton when Scott started waking up.

"I wouldn't get up just, yet." Said Luke and pushed Scott back down.

"Where am I?"

"You're fine. And I've given you something that should...speed up the healing process." Smiled Deaton and Luke slightly smirked.

"But you're a vet." Said confused Scott while looking between Alan and Luke.

"That's very true - and 90% of the time, I'm mostly treating cats and dogs."

"Mostly?"

"Mostly." Said both Luke and Alan while glancingat each other with a smile. Suddenly they were interrupted by the sound of door opening. Luke sniffed the air and quickly got into defensive stance, because he smelled strong scent of burned wood. Peter Hale. Before Luke could do something irrational Deaton stopped him and gestured the two boys to be quiet.