Luke does not get a break

Maybe crashing through the back doors of Deaton's clinic wasn't the best idea Luke ever had, considering he was now throwing two werewolves off himself.

"Hey, what the hell?!" He shouted and both, Scott and Isaac froze when they finally recognised him.

"Oh, thank god you're back. Where have you been?" Sighed Alan and hugged the hybrid.

"I didn't get that far, like, one and half mile into the forest."

"I underestimated your energy, sorry."

"No, no, don't apologise. I just, uh, have a few questions. But those can wait, it looks like you guys are having some trouble." Luke said and looked at the werewolves.

"Yeah, just to catch you up, uh, Matt is dead, Gerard is, um, kind of an asshole and-" Started Scott.

"W-wait, hang on a sec. Matt?"

"Yes, Matt was the one who controlled Jackson. And Erica and Boyd are leaving tonight, during the game." Finished Isaac, shooting a pointed look in Scott's direction, who, for once, noticed.

"So, why are you telling me?"

"I'm not telling you. I'm asking you. I'm asking for your advice."

"His? Really?" Grimaced Luke.

"From me? Why?"

"Because I trust you." Sighed Isaac with a roll of his eyes.

"Why?"

"Because you always seem to want to do the right thing..."

"I usually have no idea what I'm doing." Confessed Scott and Luke shot him an unimpressed glance. "Actually, I always have no idea what I'm doing."

"Do you want to let me know what you're doing right now?"

"I'm not going anywhere, if that's what you mean. I have too many people here who need me."

"Well, I guess that makes me lucky, 'cause, uh... 'Cause I don't have anyone, so..." Mumbled Isaac and Luke picked up the slight falter in the beta's heartbeat. Interesting.

"Are you gonna go with them?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I will. Good luck with the game, though."

"Well, thanks, but I'm not-I'm not going, either. I can't even think about playing some meaningless game right now."

"You weren't at practice last week, were you?"

"No, I skipped it. Why?"

"Then you didn't hear?"

"Hear what?"

"Jackson was there."

"What do you mean, "there?" Like, he was-"

"As if nothing had happened." Nodded Isaac and the others frowned.

"Really? That means, the game tonight...?"

"Yeah... He's playing."

-Time skip-

"I need you to talk to coach and convince him to let you play."

"What? Fuck no."

"Why not?" Groaned Scott as he changed in the boys locker room, Luke leaning against the locker next to him.

"You told me Gerard now controls Jackson, correct? Yea, the same Gerard that already tested out if sun would kill me. I met a group of vampire hunters in the forest last night, I can't really afford to put myself out there." Muttered Luke through clenched teeth.

"But what if he kills someone?"

"I don't think he's crazy enough to kill someone in front of the whole school. As long as you're on the field, you can keep him in check. You're still the Alpha, remember?"

"Good morning! In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world... and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind." Coach walked up to the team and started his speech and Luke frowned. What was he talking about? It was afternoon. "Mankind-that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We are fighting for our right to live! But, as the day the world declared in one voice We will not go quietly into the night! Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!"

"YEAH!" Echoed through the locker room.

"Seriously?" Whispered Luke and Scott shrugged.

"Well spoken, Coach." Said Gerard Argent from behind the coach. Luke shivered at the man's voice. "I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And, while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan... So, don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them." Scott's heartbeat picked up and Luke's eyes widened. If Scott was off the field, then...

"Coach, are you benching me?" Scott jumped to his feet as the team started piling out.

"It's not my decision." Sighed the coach with a tired expression.

"But I have to play-"

"McCall, you're failing three classes. Academics come first."

"Coach, you don't get it- you have to let me play."

"McCall, no. Not tonight. Tonight, you're on the bench."

"You're failing three classes? What are you? An idiot?" Scott shot him a desperate look and the hybrid sighed. "Uh, fine... Hey, Coach!!

My poor baby Luke just can't catch a break, can he? Anyways, I'm starting to slowly getting back into this story, so...more updates, maybe?