That one time Luke stepped into sunlight

Physical education. Students usually like the class. Luke...had mixed feelings. He did not like sports like American football, soccer or lacrosse. On the other hand, he really enjoyed volleyball, wall climbing and running. Sadly, since Beacon Hills High was full of lacrosse, they didn't do much else in P. E.. Today was special.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy. Right? All right, next two. Jones, Erica, let's go. The wall." Coach laughed at Scott, who was lying on his back while staring at the ceiling in disbelief and Luke started to put the harness on. After that, he helped Erica in hers and they started climbing. The hybrid reached the top fairly quick but he stopped and looked down when he heard coach call out to Erica.

"Erica. Dizzy? Is it vertigo? Erica."

"I'm fine." Said Erica with tone that was clearly saying that she was, in fact, not fine. Luke lowered himself to Erica's level while coach was panicking on the ground.

"Hey Erica, look at me please." The blonds teary eyes turned to the hybrid.

"I need you to wrap your hands around my neck and hold on, ok? I'm gonna get you down." Luke said with soothing voice. The blonde girl nodded and shakily wrapped her hands around the hybrid's neck. Luke then carefully lowered both of them to the ground. Coach quickly walked over them and helped Luke get Erica to the nurse's office.

After all the classes ended, Luke was ready to head home, but before he could step out of the building, he stopped.

"Fuck." Hu muttered as his eyes landed on the bright sunlight. It was supposed to rain today! What the hell? He was now stuck. You see, he didn't take the potion that would protect him from the burning pain. Now he would have to call Deaton and-

Shove

"Oh, I'm so sorry young man. I didn't see you there."

Luke stood frozen, now exposed to the sunlight, eyes closed in expectations of burning pain. But it didn't come. All he felt was... warmth. And oh, how he missed it.

"Young man?" Luke turned around with wide eyes. And was met with their new principal. Gerard Argent.

"Oh, I-I apologise. It was my fault. I shouldn't have been just standing here. I have to go now. Have a nice day!" The hybrid apologised and quickly walked away.

-Time skip-

"Alan!" Luke yelled as soon as he stepped into the clinic.

"What's with the yelling?"

"Alan! You have to see this! Come outside, quickly!" Deaton slowly walked outside and was met with grinning Luke spinning in the sunlight.

"It doesn't hurt! My skin feels warm, but it doesn't hurt!" Alan's mouth was hanging open as he stared at the hybrid.

"Wha... How?"

"It- It must be part of the bite! Oh my god, I should have thanked Peter before he died! I'll go for a run!" Luke laughed and sped away, leaving proudly smiling Alan behind.

The hybrid was sprinting through the forest, looking for some nice spot to lie down. He soon stumbled upon a large tree stump in a middle of a small clearing. Luke didn't know what it was, but he felt some kind of a weird respect towards the stump. But over the years, he learnt not to ignore his instincts. So he carefully walked around it and lied down into the moss next to it. He closed his eyes and let the light to warm him up. He heard water running somewhere near, and birds chirping in the trees. Strong scent of various flowers and grass filled his nose, along with faint scent of cinnamon and fire and-

"Hi Derek."