Tales of the Past

"Hi Derek."

"Hey. What are you doing here?"

"I'm just enjoying the sun." Luke said and Derek noticed that the hybrid's lips were stretched out in large grin.

"I never thought I'd hear a half vampire say that."

"I know! It's crazy, this has to be the best thing that has happened to me in years. Peter's bite must have done this. I haven't been this happy in centuries!"

"In centuries huh?"

"Yea..." Sighted Luke.

"I...I'm curious. Vampires...they usually are all part of one large clan, a family. But as far as I know, you're the only vampire around. Why...are you alone?" Luke's smile flattered and Derek started to regret his question.

"I...was born in a small village in England in 1397. Born human, to human father and human mother. I also had a human sister. The mortality of children was...high back then. But I was very lucky, never got sick, never broke anything. The worst injury was a splinter in my pinkie. People usually said that I sucked all of the luck out of my family because my sister was the exact opposite. Small and fragile. One day I met a woman with dark hair and pale skin. She introduced herself as Petra. And she is a vampire." Derek did notice the obvious lack of past tense in the last sentence.

"We talked or a bit and she was...charming. She compelled me into drinking her blood, not before she fed of me first, of course. I died, she buried me in the forest near my home and...and I changed. I woke up, dug myself out of the ground and-" Luke's voice drifted off. Derek was getting ready to stop him from talking more, but Luke cleared his voice and continued.

"And I went feral. My instincts led me home, I killed few chickens on the way, but it wasn't enough, and I killed my family. Drained their bodies of every last drop of blood they had. I came back to my senses when I was few miles away from the village, the sun was beginning to peek from behind the hills, and then it landed on my skin. I never felt anything that painful, ever. And all of that just because Petra wanted to use me for a ritual. A 'Pure blood recently stripped off of innocence'. And guess what? It didn't work. So for the next six or so hundred years I spent locked away in Petra's castle in America just to be kicked out like 4 years ago with a promise that they would come and kill me. 'Clear their stained name' or some bullshit like that. So then I met Deaton, started going to school and the rest you already know." Derek stayed silent for a bit then he moved to squeeze Luke's shoulder in reassurance, but his sudden movement in the corner of Luke's vision made the hybrid flinch, the dream he had not too long ago still clear in his mind. Derek looked at him with wide and confused eyes. Luke...never had problem with other people touching him, right?

"Are you ok?"

"Huh oh yea, I'm fine" Said Luke a bit too quick.

"But you just flinched, did something happen?"

"No, no I just thought I saw something, it was just my imagination tho."

"You're a terrible liar." Luke blushed.

"I...I know." The hybrid suddenly found the ground much more interesting than anything else. Well, until e felt Derek's hand run through his hair.

"If you ever wanna talk about it, I'm here." Then Derek got up and started to leave.

"Derek wait!" Luke said and grabbed the werewolf's wrist. Derek turned to him.

"Thank you, for listening. I...really needed to get that off of my chest."

"Anytime." They smiled at each other and then parted ways.

Yo! I...uh I took a small break. I really needed it. Thanks for the 50 k reads. That's just incredible. I love y'all!