The Alpha

"Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle."

"Yeah, well, he's not here either." Said Stiles and Derek frowned.

"What?"

"He's not here. He's gone, Derek."

"Stiles, get out of there right now - it's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!" Yelled Derek and Lukes eyes widened. Before Derek could do anything else the vampire was already gone.

"You must be Stiles." Said Peter Hale. Suddenly there was a swish of air and Luke grabbed Stiles by his wrist and pulled him behind him. Luke then aggressively hissed at Peter, who only smiled.

"Hello Lucien."

"Don't call me that."

"What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over." Luke and Stiles whipped their heads around just to be met with a sickly smiling nurse.

"You - and him. You're - you're the one who - Oh, my - and he's - Oh, my God, I'm gonna die." Gulped Stiles when he put together all the pieces. Suddenly Derek appeared practically out of nowhere and knocked the nurse out with his elbow.

"That's not nice. She's my nurse."

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people. Get out of the way."

"Oh, damn." Said Stiles as he slid down to the floor. Luke just stepped closer to the wall, his gaze never leaving the alpha.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose? One of my own family? My mind, my personality was literally burned out of me. I was being driven by pure instinct." Calmly said Peter and his blue eyes drifted to the vampire. That was the moment Derek choose to attack. He roared and jumped at Peter. But the older man simply caught him and slammed him into the wall. Luke quickly pushed Stiles to safety and told him to run.

"You understand me, don't you Lucien?"

"Don't. Call. Me. That!" Luke yelled and tried swinging his fist at the other man. But Peter swiftly caught his arm and twisted him, while his own elbow collided with Lukes injured shoulder. Stiles felt cold run down his spine as he recognised the scream that came out of Lukes throat. Next thing Luke knew he was slammed into a glass window, which shattered and made many small cuts on his skin.

"Should I call you Luci then?" Smirked Peter at the bloodied vampire whose eyes widened at that nickname.

"You want forgiveness?" Growled Derek. And tried attacking again, but soon even he was lying in glass shards not too far from Luke.

"I want understanding. Do you have any idea - What it was like for me during those years? Slowly healing, cell by cell. Even more slowly coming back to consciousness. Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that. I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you. I was going to wait, for dramatic flair - but - When you look this good, why wait? Derek, you have to give me a chance to explain. After all, we're family." Said Peter as he healed his face, so it wouldn't have any scars.

"Don't listen to him Derek!" Winced Luke and glared at Peter. The alphas attention turned to him.

"You know, Luci-" He was cut off by angry hiss.

"Ok then, Luke. That's what you go by in this century, isn't it? I really thought you would understand me. Driven insane by an instinct. Mine was pain, your was hunger. Tell me, Luke, who did you feed on first. Your mother? Father? Or did you have any siblings?"

"Stop talking." Said Luke with shaky voice.

"A brother? No, sister. A younger one too." Smiled Peter as all he had to do was look into Lukes eyes and he could read him like an open book.

"Shut up."

"Tell me, do you still remember her scream?"

"STOP TALKING! I COMAND YOU!" Shouted Luke and his eyes glowed silver as he tried to hypnotize the alpha. For a moment Peter froze and Derek and Stiles, who was hiding behind the corner, thought that he really managed to hypnotize Peter. Well, until the older man smiled.

"The vampire that turned you didn't even teach you Encanto? That's interesting. And kind of sad." Lukes eyes widened with defeat. He was brought back to reality when he felt a tickle of blood run down his arm. Luke connected his eyes with Dereks who was nodding his head in Stiles' direction. The message was clear: Get him out of here! Luke took a deep breath in and got into action. With incredible speed he swinged his left leg under Peter while his right one kicked the alpha backwards. Luke quickly got on his feet and dashed to Stiles. The vampire grabbed him by his jacket and sprinted out, ignoring the roar of anger behind him.