At last

A groan left Luke's lips when he woke up.

"Welcome back to the land of the living." Deaton's voice said from his right and the hybrid opened his eyes.

"That's a stupid fucking joke and you know it." He responded and raised his hand towards the now bandaged wound.

"Don't touch it, Luke. It's still sensitive." Another voice spoke. Luke turned his head away from Alan and his eyes connected with Derek.

"What are you doing here?"

"He wouldn't leave." Hummed Alan with a knowing smile.

"I was just...worried. I couldn't tell if you were dead 'cause you don't have a pulse. And then for a moment I thought you were gone and-" Luke cut him off.

"Hey. I'm okay. Gerard probably just soaked the stake in holy water, that's why it took so much out of me."

"I know that now. After you passed out, I took you here and Deaton treated you the best he could."

"Hmm. How did you know I was...you know...salvageable?" Luke turned to Alan.

"I didn't. We were both pretty much hoping for the best. You hungry?"

"Uhh, well now that you mention it, yeah, a bit." Deaton left the room to get Luke some blood bags, leaving Luke and Derek alone.

"I also noticed this." Derek said and lifted Luke's hand up, showing the cross shaped scar across his palm. "Care to elaborate?"

"I met a couple of vampire hunters. I guess I'll have to be a bit more careful from now on." Hummed Luke and Derek brought the hybrid's palm to his mouth and kissed the scar.

"And Boyd and Erica told me you rescued them from Argent's basement." Luke shrugged. "You know, you do a lot of stuff behind the scenes. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Probably perish." Luke said with a sigh.

"Yea, probably." Smiled Derek and leaned to Luke, pressing a soft kiss on his mouth. Luke's hand rested on the base of Derek's neck and pulled him closer.

"Wow, I didn't know vampires were so...fruity." Someone said from behind them.

"Not all vampires, Scott." Luke turned towards the werewolf, who was looking at them with a poorly concealed smile. "Just the European ones."

-Time skip-

Luke stepped out of the bathroom with a phone in one hand and a towel he was drying his hair with in the other. The black sweatpants hung low on his hips as he entered his room and stopped. He looked up from his phone, his senses suddenly wary when he noticed the open window. Two hands gripped his waist from behind and a large, muscular chest pressed against his back. A heavy sweet scent entered his nose.

"That's a new smell on you." Luke smirked, looking back at Derek.

"Can you blame me?" The werewolf replied, sliding his eyes up and down Luke's figure.

"Guess I can't." Hummed Luke and tugged at the hem of Derek's shirt. "Show me what you got, then."

Shorter chapter, but this is the end of  the second season (which was hell for me, if you couldn't tell). From now on it's gonna get a bit darker. I don't wanna spoil anything but if you have problems with themes like deppresion or suicide be careful while reading. Take care of yourselves and have a great Christmas holiday. Love you guys!