Battle

The four of us head over to the south of Central Park in silence. We are all geared up for a battle, one that we have to win. Loki is adorned in his signature gold and green armour, and so is Thor. Scott is wearing a rather strange outfit, but he explained that it houses these things called Pym Particles and is vital for him to wear when he changes size; something you have yet to see. You are wearing your finest armour. The silver armour and royal blue cloth covers your whole body and is lightweight enough to battle effectively, whilst being protected.

"Hey, this is gonna work out." Scott whispers to you as he gently takes your hand in his.
Thor and Loki are walking slightly ahead of you, so Scott has taken the moment to talk to you.
"It has to. Otherwise, I don't know what else I will do." You reply, not meeting his gaze.
"(Y/N)." He stops walking and gently raises your chin, so you are looking at him in the eyes. "It will all work out, I promise you."
You smile sadly. "You should not make promises you cannot keep, Scott."
You carry on walking, gripping Scott's hand as if it is the only thing keeping you rooted to the earth. You cannot help but think that this is going to go terribly wrong. Freyr is not stupid; he will know that you will not surrender so easily.
"(Y/N), you need to focus." Thor scolds lightly as he goes over the plan again.
You nod, pushing the negative thoughts from your brain and trying to focus on what Thor is saying.
"We need to be extremely careful. Freyr is a master of battle and will see through lies easily. We need to triple think everything before we say it, and we cannot give anything away." Loki comments. "I fear he may even see through my glamour if we let down our guard for even a moment."
"We just need to get him off Midgard." You interject. "We cannot allow any innocent people to die."
Thor nods. "I will escort Loki disguised as (Y/N) to the bridge to meet Freyr. I will explain that I had a change of heart and could not risk a war. I will tell him that Loki disagreed with my plan and is therefore indisposed for the time being. The two of you will stay here." Thor turns to you and Scott. "Do not move. We do not know how big Freyr's army is; if even one of his soldiers sees you, it could be game over."
"We understand, brother." You comment, and Scott agrees.
"Everyone, be careful. Once this is over, we can finally be free of the Vanir." Loki finishes.
You hug Thor and Loki before they start to prepare themselves. Loki glamours himself to look like you, complete with your tattered wedding dress. Thor clips a pair of handcuffs on Loki's wrists to finish off the look.
"Dresses suit you, brother." You comment jokingly.
Loki scowls at you as he adjusts the dress.
"Let's get this over with."

You and Scott remain hidden as you watch your brothers head towards the bridge. Your cold hand finds Scott's warm one and your grip it tightly. The two of you don't speak, in fear of someone overhearing you. Instead, you listen to the exchange on the bridge.

"Where is he?" Thor grumbles as he grasps Loki's arm.
Thor glances around the park, only to hear the army before he sees it. A mix of Asgardian soldiers and Vanir are marching towards the bridge, led by a furious looking Freyr, clad in gold armour.
"Thor, son of Odin, I am glad you have come to your senses and delivered this wretched girl to me." Freyr exclaims loudly as he stops his army and steps onto the bridge.
"Freyr, son of Njord, I apologise for my sister's actions. She has brought great shame to our kingdom."
You observe as Loki and Thor play their parts perfectly. Loki starts struggling, and Thor tightens his grip.
"Please, brother, do not do this." Loki pleads in my voice.
"Silence!" He growls, throwing Loki to the floor.
You smile, Thor seems to be enjoying this a bit too much.
"Let there be no more waiting." Thor comments.
Freyr raises an eyebrow.
"Why the change in heart?" He asks.
Thor looks directly into his opponent's eyes.
"As much as I love my sister, I do not want another war. I have lost many brothers in war, and I cannot lose any others."
"And what of your brother?"
"Alas, Loki could not see the bigger picture. He has always loved to vex our father; therefore, I had to improvise and leave him dribbling in an alley."
Freyr glances down at Loki on the floor with a smirk.
"I always knew that this would end up with you surrendering at my feet." He snarls.
Loki glares up at Freyr, a dangerous glint in his eyes.
"I will never surrender to you. You can dress me up, parade me in front of your kingdom, and force a ring onto my finger, but I will never love you. I will never bow down to you."
You are quite impressed with Loki's speech, and you can tell his words slapped Freyr. He bends down, so he is closer to Loki's level.
"I do not care about love. My marriage to you is for power; nothing more." He turns to Thor. "Pick her up. It is time to leave this awful place."
Thor grabs Loki by his arm and hauls him to his feet as Freyr starts to head away from the bridge.
"Come on, brother." Thor grumbles.

Time seems to slow as you hear what Thor just said. Freyr spins back around and marches up to Thor.
"What did you just say?" He growls.
You gulp as you watch the exchange. The air around you starts to decrease in temperature as worry courses through your body. Thor looks up at Freyr in surprise.
"Um, nothing. I'm just so used to scolding Loki that it was an automatic response." Thor quickly stutters out an excuse.
Freyr is not convinced and lunges for Loki, one hand on the hilt of his sword, the other around Loki's wrist.
"Where is your ring?" He questions.
You mentally slap yourself, how could you forget the engagement ring? Loki seems to be frozen in place, and his hesitation causes his glamour to flicker slightly.
"A trick!" Freyr loudly exclaims as he unsheathes his golden sword. "You think that a simple glamour could fool me, Odinson?"
Thor grips Mjölnir tightly as Freyr holds his sword to Loki's neck. Panic fills your body as you jump up from your crouching position and attempt to head to the bridge.
"(Y/N)!" Scott calls from behind you as he grasps your wrist to pull you back. "We have to stay hidden."
"I cannot allow him to kill Loki." You argue. "I'm sorry, Scott."
You channel your powers and aim your hands at Scott's feet, using ice to keep him in place. Scott stares down at his now frozen feet in disbelief.
"(Y/N), stop! Don't do this. Freyr clearly knows you are watching. He's doing this to draw you out."
You turn away from him.
"I cannot allow him to kill my brother. You do not know him, Scott. He will do anything to get what he wants."
And with that, you leave Scott frozen in place and head towards the bridge.

"Freyr, put down your weapon and let my brothers go. I will come freely." You call out as you stride across the grass.
Freyr's cold eyes meet yours, and he snarls.
"Another trick? I should slaughter you where you stand."
"Do that, and you will have nothing." You retort. "If you kill Loki, nothing stops me from killing you. Let. Him. Go."
Freyr grins sadistically and throws Loki to the floor.
"Go!" You yell at Thor and Loki. "This is not your fight."
Thor hesitates, but a tug on his arm from Loki makes him step away. As soon as you have a clear advantage, you unleash an icy hell.

Shards of ice fly at Freyr, engulfing him in a storm of sharp ice. All he can do is attempt to protect himself as you move towards him, never letting up. Through the ice storm, you see Freyr start to buckle, and you stop your onslaught. His face has been sliced, and cut and rich blood drips onto his now dented armour. He looks up at you, and fear courses through his body.
"Sorceress!" He whispers as he stares at you.
Your natural (E/C) eyes are now an icy blue, and your skin has a blue tinge to it as your hands start to freeze. You have never used this much power before, and it is draining you, but you cannot allow Freyr to know that.
"That is for threatening my brothers." You hiss, grabbing him by the throat.
Your icy touch spreads into his body as you choke him.
"You are not ... going to survive this war." He chokes out.
"If I were concerned about that, I would have brought it up months ago."
Your grip tightens as his skin turns blue. His army is stood waiting for orders as they watch their fearless leader crumble.

"(Y/N)!" A voice rings out across the silence.
You turn your head to face Thor, Loki, and Scott.
"Think carefully about your next move." Thor warns.
You gaze at the three men as they stand meters away, Scott has a slight look of horror on his face as he sees what you truly are. Scott. Cassie. The thoughts of your new friends plague you. If you kill Freyr now, you will be calling for war. A war in which you will have to fight. You turn back to Freyr and release him from your hold, watching as he drops to the ground and takes wheezing breaths.

"He should be taken to Asgard and put on trial for attempting to insight a war on the Asgardians and threatening Midgard." You command.
Thor looks relieved as he listens to you. Your brother was right; killing him would be a bad idea. You are about to walk over to your brothers and Scott when you feel a burning sensation across your wrists. A look of shock passes between your brothers, and you turn to face a now standing Freyr. He has placed gold handcuffs engraved with runes across your wrists that seem to be stopping your powers.
"You really thought you had won." He laughs as he orders his army to surround your brothers and Scott.
A portal opens behind us as he starts to drag you towards it.
"(Y/N)!" You faintly hear Scott call as you attempt to fight Freyr.
"You let me violate your justice. You let me desecrate what you love. You let me penetrate your soul. You let me complicate who you are. Do you think you can still be free? Think again. I own your soul. You cannot fight that." Freyr snarls viciously into your ear as he pulls you into the portal.