Just Desserts

Your senses wake before you do, as the birds start tweeting outside your open balcony. The sun hits your face, warming it slightly as you roll over with a suppressed groan. The ring on your wedding finger gets caught in your messy (H/C) locks as you run your left hand through your hair. He officially proposed. Freyr proposed in front of everyone you know and love. You had to say yes; otherwise, there could be a war between your families. Odin would never forgive you. Frigga has a kind heart, she tried in the beginning to stop the wedding. Thor and Loki have repeatedly attempted to stop the wedding. Thor even tried to injure Freyr when they were sparing. Loki has been throwing tricks and curses at him throughout his stay.

A loud knock echoes through the room as you finish adding your diamond earrings to today's attire.
"Come in." You shout.
"Lady (Y/N), you look ravishing."
"Thank you, Volstagg. But I already know why you are here. Father told me that I have to receive lessons from all of you." You stand up and smooth the blue and gold dress. "I am guessing that you have something planned involving food."
He smiles, and we walk out into the corridor. Everyone the two of you pass throws you a look of sympathy. Clearly, your predicament has spread like wildfire. You walk into the great hall where two places have been set up at the table. Volstagg pulls out your chair, and you sit down with a small thank you. Your eyes go wide at the complicated set up in front of you.
"Lady (Y/N), today I shall teach you the art of eating."
"Grab the fork. Spear the food. Shove in the mouth. Chew." You smirk.
Volstagg rolls his eyes. "We shall start from the left."
You pick up the crisp, white, neatly folded serviette. Opening it up, you place it on the smooth, blue and gold material that rests in your lap. With a deep sigh, you prepare yourself for the lecture.
"Now, the banquet has already been chosen by Lord Freyr and his father. The first course is Coban Salatasi. A vegetable salad with a combination of finely chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, green peppers and flat-leaf parsley. Accompanied with a dressing of lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and salt." He picks up a small fork that's on the left outside.
You pick up the gold fork and inspect it. Why are there so many forks and knives and spoons? A person only needs one set of cutlery to eat; not sixty.

It takes three hours for Volstagg to shows you the workings of the table and by the end, you're nearly falling asleep. Your arm slips off the table, and your gold tiara falls into the soup bowl with a clatter; jolting you awake. Volstagg just laughs, but it's joined by numerous others. Spinning around you see Fandral, Sif, Hogun and some girls laughing. Your face goes red as you stand up.
"Excuse me!" You hiss, storming out of the great hall.
Tears fall out of your (E/C) eyes, and you pull (H/L) (H/C) out of its tight bun. How dare they laugh at you! Just because Odin and Freyr are going all out for this wedding, doesn't mean everyone has to take it out on you. Lots of people have mixed views on this wedding. Some think that it is great, uniting two families who have fought for years. Others believe that it's a terrible idea. They think it's sacrificing Asgard to Freyr's family. But no one ever thinks about how this is affecting you, which is why you are going to plan an escape. You're going to stop this wedding before it even starts. No one ever listens to you, and they will regret that. When you go missing the whole of Asgard will wish that they listened to you.