To Love and Be Loved

Scott's POV...
After two trips through the Bifrost, the Avengers and I take a minute to compose ourselves. Natasha aids Clint as he throws up behind a rock while the rest of us catch our breath and try not to puke. Only Thor and Loki look ok, while everyone else has lost colouring in their faces.
"The first time travelling through the Bifrost is always the worst." Thor cheerily announces. "But we must make haste if we are to reach (Y/N) in time."
The Avengers gather around as Loki and Thor gather their bearings. Thor informed me that he has only visited Vanaheim a few times, and while he was attending royal events, Loki explored the palace, gaining us valuable information on the layout.
"I do not doubt that Freyr will take her to his room once the Hulk has been unleashed. We have no idea how many guards will be with her, but we must assume that she will still be powerless." Thor explains. "Natasha and Clint, the two of you must remain near Bruce to calm him down once we have (Y/N). Tony, Steve, and Scott, you will come with Loki and me to find (Y/N)."
"We need to head east." Loki comments. "The palace is not too far away. I know of a couple of back entrances. It should not be too hard to sneak in. Natasha, Clint, and Bruce need to head to the main area of the palace. There should not be too many guards around, but I am sure you are more than capable of sorting them out." Loki winks at Natasha.
Wow! Where did that come from? She glares daggers at him, but it doesn't seem to faze Loki. Bruce's skin has a tinge of green as he watches Loki flirt with Natasha.
"Anyway." Thor mutters, breaking through the awkwardness of the situation. "We cannot underestimate Freyr. We did that before and lost (Y/N). We have to assume he is with her; I do not think he will be stupid enough to leave her alone."
"Agreed. We need to be prepared for a fight." Loki adds, tearing his gaze from Natasha.
"This Freyr, what he like? Does he have any godly powers?" Steve questions.
"Freyr is the god of fertility and is the son of Njord, who is the god of the sea and wind." Thor explains. "He is charming and quite the womanizer. But do not let this fool you; in truth, he is also ruthless, vile, and egotistical. He is a fantastic fighter and will kill to get what he wants. Do not underestimate, and do not give him the upper hand. We need every advantage we can get to defeat him."
Steve nods. "Well, we better get going. Is everyone ready?"
Everyone nods and murmurs a yes as we set off towards the palace.

We trek through the woodland of Vanaheim in a comfortable silence. Loki and Thor lead the way, with Natasha, Tony, Bruce, and Clint in the middle, and Steve and I bringing up the rear. All I can think about is (Y/N) and what she must be going through. All I can think about is the promise I made her. I promised her it would work out, and now she's stuck in a different realm and about to be forced into a marriage. My beautiful (Y/N).

"Penny for your thoughts?" Steve breaks me from my trance.
"Just thinking about (Y/N)." I mumble, smiling softly.
"Thor explained that you are quite taken by her. How did you meet?"
I chuckle, remembering how we first met.
"She literally fell into my life. I was at home with my daughter Cassie when we met. She had just escaped Asgard and was sat in my garden wearing her wedding dress. Even dishevelled, she was stunning and regal. I let her stay, and we just hit it off. After she explained what had happened, I felt like I needed to protect her. And she's great with Cassie."
"She sounds like a great gal. I am honoured to be helping you save her. We owe Thor a great deal, and it's exciting to be in another realm, I've rarely left America, and even when I did, it was to fight."
"I know exactly how you feel. I sorta knew about other realms, mainly the Quantum realm, but it really hit me that other things are out there when (Y/N) turned up." I smile to myself. "(Y/N) told me the wonders of the universe. She explained the beauty of Asgard and how she and her brothers used to go swimming in the clear blue ocean on Asgard. She misses her home, but I don't think she'll ever be able to go back."
"Home isn't always a place, Scott. Sometimes it's a people. She has you and Cassie now. Maybe she's found her new home."
I let what Steve said sink in as we carry on walking through the woods. Maybe (Y/N) will be happy staying with us. Perhaps we can have our happily ever after.

We quickly reach the edge of the forest, and the gleaming palace lies in front of us. I can hear the roar of the crowds before I see the thousands of people crowded into the front of the court.
"Are we too late?" I question fearfully.
Thor shakes his head. "I do not think so, but we must hurry. Is everyone ready?"
We all nod and split into our two groups.

"We will wait for the roars of the beast before going into the palace. The chaos will allow us to slip in easily." Loki grins.
"You seem to be enjoying this too much." I grumble.
"Chaos, the threat of war, sneaking into an enemy's palace, this is like one of those Midgardian books you and (Y/N) read." Thor smirks.
"Guys, I think we should focus on the mission." Steve interjects.
"Don't worry, Capsicle, it sounds like the Hulk has been unleashed." Tony points out.
We listen closely as a roar shakes the ground beneath our feet. Then the hordes of people rush from the palace.
"It's showtime." Loki smirks.

We rush through the palace, ducking into alcoves and hiding whenever someone passes, but thankfully we make it through the palace without drawing any suspicion. Loki guides us, and we eventually make it to a quieter part of the palace.
"From what I can remember, it is the third door on the left." Loki stops at a huge golden door with intricate engravings.
I try the handle, but it doesn't open.
"It's locked."
"No shit, Sherlock." Tony grumbles.
"Language." Steve glares.
He steps forward and uses his laser to try and open the door, but it doesn't seem to work.
"No shit, Sherlock." I mock.
"Language." Steve says again.
Thor and Loki seem to be watching us with amusement.
"Your puny laser will not penetrate Vanir gold." Thor muses. "Stand aside, mortals."
I watch in amazement as Thor raises his hammer and starts hitting the door. It finally swings open, and we rush in before the dust can settle. A flash of white hurtles towards me, and I'm hit in the chest with what feels like an ice cannonball.

"Scott?"