Shaken Milk

(Y/N)'s POV...
You take a long sip of the chocolate flavoured shaken milk, watching as Cassie and Scott browse the clothing rails. You have been at the shopping mall for about an hour, and already you are bored. At first, you were fascinated: all the different stores, the different smells, the different colours. Then it came to the clothes. Midgardian clothes are weird. They are all massed produced and in various sizes. On Asgard each piece of clothing is individual; something we take pride in.

"(Y/N), do you like this?" Cassis runs up to you, wearing a navy jumper with a rainbow on it.
A huge smile breaks out on your face as she twirls, showing off the jumper.
"I love it!" You cry, almost spilling your shaken milk in the excitement. "Do you think I can borrow it?"
Cassie giggles as she jumps into your arms.
"Nope, but there is a jumper in your size." She whispers, taking your hand in hers and leading you to the clothes rail.
She passes you a jumper that matches hers, just in your size. You pull it over Scott's shirt that you are wearing and turn to Cassie; spreading your arms wide. The two of you burst into a fit of laughter, not noticing Scott wandering over.
"What are you two laughing at?" He questions.
You and Cassie turn to face him.
"Guys!" He wines. "Not fair. I want one."
Cassie chuckles as she moves back towards the rail and pulls out a jumper in Scott's size.
"Daddy, let's go pay!" She exclaims, dragging the two of us towards the tills.
Scott glances at you with a look of adoration. He takes in every detail from the scattering of freckles on your face to the rainbow jumper you are currently sporting.
"You are staring." You state, attempting to hide a grin.
"Sorry. You're just too adorable."
You pause. "Never have I been called adorable. Fearsome but never adorable."
"Well, I'm glad that I am your first."
You blush a deep shade of red, causing Scott to laugh.
"Come on, (Y/N). I think we've had enough shopping today."

As soon as the three of you arrive back at Scott's you all change into matching pyjamas, grab some snacks and plop yourself in front of the TV. Cassie squeezes herself in between you and Scott. She starts throwing pieces of popcorn into his mouth, each one missing by inches.
"Stop dodging!" Cassie complains.
"I'm not even moving." He half-laughs half-hiccups.
Cassie turns to you and with an evil grin, and the two of you start pelting Scott with snacks.
"Mercy! Please, no more." He pleads desperately as he is assaulted by more sugary snacks.
You and Cassie stop, grinning wildly at each other. Scott brushes the crumbs off his pyjamas and checks his watch.
"Cassie, time for bed. Your mom's picking you up early tomorrow." He explains.
Cassie pouts but follows her father up the stairs, after kissing you goodnight. You start cleaning up the scattered snacks and tidying away the blankets. Scott jumps down the stairs and slides across the laminate floor to you.
"Need any help, princess?" He questions his hazel eyes sparkling.
You turn around, not realising how close Scott is. "Everything has been cleaned up."

This close, you can see every detail. His hair, dark and lustrous, has a sheen like fine hardwood. But that comparison isn't entirely fair, you suppose. Hardwood doesn't swish gently like his hair does, swaying with the words he speaks. A shiny varnish catches merely light around it, but the depths of that deep chestnut brown reflect all the radiance of his smile.
"You're staring." He whispers, his eyes filling with what only can be described as hunger.
"Are you quoting me?" You ask softly as he steps closer to you.
Your skin tingles where he touches you and your heart beats erratically in your chest so hard that you think it might fly out. There are butterflies – no, lions – in your chest, but it feels good. You finally admit to yourself what you knew all along: you like him—a lot. The two of you lean in closer, your breaths mingling.
"(Y/N)." He breathes.
Your lips are inches away from each other, inches from connecting when a knock rattles the house. The two of you break away faster than a striking snake. Scott takes a deep breath before walking to the front door and swinging it open.
"Where is our sister?" A voice thunders.
Your eyes go wide as two familiar forms walk into the house. Oh boy.