Scott

"Scott?"

Your (E/C) eyes widen in surprise, and your body moves before you can register your actions. You throw yourself into Scott's arms and smash your cold lips to his warm ones. Your heart swells as his lips move frantically with yours and his hands cup your face. He whispers your name, incoherent between kisses. In his kiss is the promise of years and the sweetness of waiting for real love.
In his kiss, you are home.

The two of you reluctantly pull away, and you feel your cheeks heating up in embarrassment from your moment of passion. Scott holds you at arm's length as he inspects you for injuries. His face lights up with love, and a little bit of lust, as he sees what you are wearing.
"Wow, you look like a princess." He gasps.
You huff. "I do not want to look like a princess. I want to look like a formally evil queen who reluctantly redeemed herself for the side of good."
"You read too much." Loki rolls his eyes.
"Damn right I do." You look behind Scott at the group of people. "I see you brought friends."
"Sister, meet some of the Avengers; they have come to help save you." Thor booms.
"Save me?" You mutter in confusion. "Excuse me! I was a superhero for a whole ten minutes!"
"And in that time, you got kidnapped, and we had to recruit the Avengers and come to the rescue."
You roll your eyes. Thor is always so dramatic. You glance at the two new men and smile kindly.
"Well, thanks for tagging along, I am (Y/N)."
"Steve Rogers, ma'am." The blonde-haired and blue-eyed man smiles.
"Tony Stark, you've probably heard of me." He grins cockily.
"Sorry, the name does not ring a bell."
Everyone tries to hide their smiles as Tony looks flustered. Thor has mentioned Stark before from his time on earth as part of the Avengers, but it will not do him any harm to knock him off his high horse.
"Anyway, let us get off this realm. I miss Midgardian food." You smile at Scott as you slip your hand into his.

"Excuse me, there is still the matter of the wedding." Skadi speaks up from behind you.
Everyone turns to face her and Freyja.
"I will not allow you to leave this realm, you ungrateful witch!" She starts walking towards you. "I am Skadi, queen of Vanaheim! A pathetic group of Midgardians will not beat me. You are out of your depth, child."
You roll your (E/C) eyes and flick your wrist in her direction. Ice lands on her face and forms a sort of muzzle, preventing her from spewing any more garbage from her mouth.
"It seems, Skadi, queen of Vanaheim, that it is you who is out of their depth." You grin. "Now, any more objections?"
Skadi mumbles something from behind the muzzle.
"No? Then I guess we will be going." You turn on your heel, catching Scott's hand in yours as you strut out of the room.
"Wow, your sister is badass." Tony mutters to Thor.
"I shall remind you of her powers if you attempt to flirt with her or piss her off." Thor muses.

You and Scott walk hand in hand ahead of everyone else, but you stop suddenly, causing Scott to be tugged back.
"I need armour, not a wedding dress." You mutter, glaring down at the white dress in disgust. "How on earth am I meant to fight in this?"
"You're not." Scott comments.
"Then what's the point in it?" You roll your eyes. "A warrior needs garments she can fight in."
You snap your fingers, and a dusting of frost falls over you as the wedding dress disappears to reveal your armour.
"That's better." You grin.
"You never cease to amaze me!" Scott exclaims.
"Now, the only issue is getting past the beast that interrupted the wedding."
"He's actually on our side." Steve says from behind you. "We need to meet up with the other members of our team before we leave."

Loki takes the lead and guides us through the palace to the exit. Scott remains by your side, firmly holding your hand in his. It is as if he's too scared to let you go in fear of what might happen. And you love it. The feeling of Scott's hand in yours just feels right. While the hand holding is sufficient for now, all you really want to do is grab Scott's face and kiss him. But you will have to restrain yourself in the presence of your older brothers. So for now, you just grip onto his hand and smile to yourself.

Loki leads you and the others out into the open, where you are met with many unconscious soldiers. Few of the Vanir soldiers are rousing from their forced sleep, but most remain unconscious on the ground. The six of us gather in a tight group as everyone surveys the damage.

"Your beast is formidable." You mutter.
Tony turns to you with a smirk. "He's really a softie on the inside."
Two figures rush out from the shadows, a male and a female. The female is dressed in all black and has short red hair; the male is also dressed in all black, but his suit has purple accents, and he is carrying a bow. At first, you prepare yourself to attack them, but Scott squeezes your hand in reassurance. Clearly, these are the other members of the Avengers.
"Nat, Clint, did everything go according to plan?" Steve questions.
The female, Nat, nods enthusiastically.
"We lost Hulk." Clint blurts out.
Everyone spins to face him with looks of alarm.
"What?"
"How could you lose an eight-foot green guy?"
Everyone seems to be talking all at once, trying to have their voice heard.
"Guys!" Steve raises his voice above the noise. "Let's calm down. Clint, care to elaborate?"
"We didn't lose him!" Nat quickly interjects. "He just didn't return to the first rendezvous, where I was supposed to calm him down."
"This certainly complicates things." Thor mumbles. "We need to find him as fast as possible and get out of this realm. I do not know how much longer we can stay here without being found."
"The portal is just around the corner." You explain. "Surely we should wait there while some of us go and tame the beast."
Loki shakes his head. "We used the other portal. The one in the palace can be tracked."
"Not if we destroy it as we leave." You shrug. "We cannot allow the Vanir to repeat their actions. I am not living the rest of my life looking over my shoulder and waiting for Freyr to turn up. If I cannot kill him, then I suggest we destroy his means of travelling to other realms."
"There are other portals." Thor interrupts.
"Those portals are much more dangerous." You turn to Loki. "How many times have we gotten lost attempting to use unstable portals? Freyr would not risk it, especially with an army. If we can destroy their main portal, that gives us enough time to report to Odin about their crimes."
Loki nods. "She's right, brother."
Thor stares at you as if trying to read what is going on in your head.
"It is destroying the portal or killing Freyr." You state. "I am more inclined about the latter, but the former is what I can settle on."
With a deep breath, Thor reluctantly agrees with your plan, and you lead your brothers and the Avengers to the portal site.

Your chest fills with glee as you round the corner and see the golden glow of the portal. This is it – the home stretch. You can practically feel the waves of happiness rolling off you. You want to sprint to the portal and jump through it, wasting no time for anything else to go wrong, but you know you must wait for the Avengers to collect their last team member; you owe it to them for helping save you.

Hand in hand with Scott, you place one foot onto the golden dais and prepare yourself to go home, your new home with Scott and Cassie, and that is when everything goes to shit.