First Kiss

Words leave you. You stare into those bright blue eyes burning with anger, and your heart falls silent. Thor is stood at one side of the living room, propping an unconscious Loki on his shoulder.
"T-Thor what are you doing here?" You question, wrapping your arms around your middle; embarrassed by the Midgardian clothes you are currently sporting.
"I could ask you the same question, sister." He replies curtly.
You scowl at your older brother as the temperature in the room suddenly drops a few degrees, and the air fills with static. Scott hangs back awkwardly by the stairs, ready to make a run for it if the situation explodes.
"Please don't destroy my house." He mumbles, edging towards the first step.
Loki regains consciousness for a brief moment.
"Please pause your fighting until my wounds are treated." He groans, attempting to move towards the couch.
He stumbles, and you rush forward to catch him in your arms.
"Loki, what happened?" You question, shuffling him onto the couch.
"Rock Troll guarding the portal." He mutters.
You roll your (E/C) eyes. "We swore never to use that portal."
Loki smirks. "It is the only one that cannot be tracked."
You chuckle, brushing the hair from his face while Scott helps Thor treat his wounds.
"I'm sorry I froze you." You whisper.
"(Y/N), I'm not dying."
You scoff. "I know that. I just need to say this." You take a deep breath. "I was selfish, leaving like that. I have left Asgard in debt to Vanaheim. Father must be furious, and I cannot begin to imagine what Freyr and his family are feeling."
Loki grasps your cold hand in his.
"He is furious, and Freyr is too. But you shouldn't be forced into a marriage. No one should. We won't tell father where you are. You can live your life on Midgard with this pathetic mortal."
"Hey!" Scott complains.
"Yeh, he is kind of pathetic." You giggle.
Your brother glances at you and Scott.
"Why are you wearing the same clothes?" Loki questions.
You turn to Scott, your face flushing in embarrassment.
"It's a Midgardian thing." You state.

Loki groans in pain as Thor disinfects his wounds. The small pattering of feet can be heard from the top of the stairs.
"Daddy, what's going on?" Cassie asks, standing at the top of the stairs with her monster teddy. "What's all that noise?"
Scott has the sleeves of his grey hoodie rolled up and is putting pressure on a gaping wound on Loki's leg as he looks kindly at his daughter.
"Go back to bed, Peanut. I'll be with you in a moment."
Cassie remains where she is. You let go of Loki's hand and walk up the stairs towards the little girl.
"Come on, Cassie." You smile, scooping her into your arms.

She giggles excitedly, masking a yawn as you walk into her room and place her on the bed. She scurries under her covers, while you kneel by the side of her bed.
"Who are those men?"
"My brothers." You explain, stroking her brown hair. "Thor and Loki."
Her eyes go wide with worry.
"They're not here to take you away are they?" Cassie asks frantically, attempting to sit up.
You gently push her back down.
"No." You whisper.
"Good. I don't want you to leave." She yawns again.
"I don't want to leave either."
A wide grin spreads across her face.
"Daddy doesn't want you to go. He likes you too much. He says that you're good for him." She looks down at her hands with a sad expression. "He doesn't want to go back to prison."
You kiss the top of her head.
"Your daddy loves you more than anything. If he wants me to stay, then I will stay here." You poke her nose. "As long as your father is here, nothing will ever happen to you, Cassie."
Cassie jumps up and hugs you tightly. A huge smile breaks out on your face as you hold her close to you. She snuggles back under the covers.
"Good night, (Y/N)." She mumbles through a yawn.
"Good night, Cassie." You say softly as you walk out of the door.

You head back downstairs, a small smile on your lips. Loki is now patched up and resting on the sofa, while Scott and Thor are stood awkwardly next to each other. Scott's face lights up as you stand next to him and he motions to place an arm around you, but Thor's glare makes him reconsider his action. With a soft smile, you usher Scott into the kitchen so the two of you can talk in private.
"You ok?" You ask, placing a hand on his arm.
He nods. "I think so. I mean, it's not every day that I house three Asgardians."
You chuckle. "My brothers won't be a hassle."
"They can stay tonight. Just as long as they don't destroy my house." He laughs.
Thor ambles into the kitchen, dropping his hammer through a kitchen counter. You all fall silent as you stare at the destroyed counter. You glare at Thor.
"Sorry." He mutters.
Scott sighs deeply as he exits the kitchen and slumps onto the porch steps.
"Scott said that you and Loki can stay tonight. Just don't destroy anything else." You explain.
Your brother nods.
"We shall discuss matters further in the morning."
You roll your eyes as he walks into the Living room, and you turn to the porch doors.

You sit on the porch steps for a few moments and then Scott turns to you.
"Thank you." He finally says.
"For what?"
"For coming into my world, and for being yourself."
You look back at him, and there is a softness in his eyes. His eyes glisten in the light. You look down at your lap, afraid that if you stare any longer, you'll ruin his beauty. He only takes his finger and lifts your chin, so you meet his eyes. Although his eyes are soft, you notice the feelings behind them, as if he is longing for something. He touches his forehead to yours, and you feel a warmth. One that you've never experienced before. It fills your body, from head to toe, invigorating you and filling you with a passion and hope that is powerful. He leans his head closer to you, and his lips meet yours. Gentle but passionate, he presses his lips into your lips. The world around you slows, so you can stay in this moment. Your heart flutters, and you kiss back, cherishing the moment and Scott. His lips are soft and warm. He puts his hand on the back of your head, pulling you closer to him. We pull back and smile. You lay your head on his shoulder, and even though you're still filled with warmth from the kiss, you shiver.
"You cold?" He asks but doesn't give you time to answer.
He pulls his hoodie off and drapes it over your shoulders. We sit together in that moment and don't say a word for it is too precious to ruin.