Beast

"Princess (Y/N) of Asgard, daughter of Odin, do you take Prince Freyr to be your wedded husband?"
The whole room seems to take a deep breath as they await your answer. You know what you have to say, but as you stare into Freyr's cold eyes, all words escape you. Your throat is drier than Freyr's humour, and you gulp.
"By the blessing of the Allfather, I-"

A tremendous roar shakes the whole palace, and screams can be heard from the back of the hall where it opens to the outside. Freyr squeezes your hands painfully tight as Njord removes the ceremonial sword and turns to command his guards.
"What is this?" Freyr snarls viciously.
You stare up at him with wide eyes.
"This isn't me." You whisper as another roar echoes through the palace.
The crowd starts to panic, and chaos erupts as people scramble to get to safety. You notice a large flash of green, which is followed by a roar. Njord quickly commands his army and leads a mass of armed soldiers towards the commotion. Leaving you with Freyr, Skadi, and Freyja. The four of you watch helplessly as the hall clears, leaving an army of golden soldiers.
"What is happening?" Freyja complains. "Is this your doing, sorceress?"
"I swear, this isn't me. I do not know what that thing is!" You protest.
Another noise silences your conversation, but this time it is a human scream. You watch in horror as a huge green giant comes into view and starts to fight the soldiers. Their weapons seem useless against the beast, and you begin to wonder what the creature is.
"Mother, sister, take (Y/N) to her chambers. The three of you will be safe there. Lock the door, and do not come out until I come and get you." Freyr commands as he grabs a sword.
Skadi nods and roughly grasps your wrist in an iron tight grip as she drags you out of the hall. Freyja follows closely as we rush back to your chambers.

Skadi shoves you into the room and slams the door behind Freyja. The three of you awkwardly stand in the room, listening to the cries of battle and the roars of the beast. Freja collapses onto your bed and places her head in her hands while Skadi stares disapprovingly at you.
"You know you were never our first choice. My husband approached Odin with hopes to marry Freyja to Thor. But Odin refused. Said he would never force Thor to do anything against his wishes. So Njord settled for you. Odin did not even hesitate in attempting to get rid of you." Skadi spits venomously. "I never should have allowed my son to marry you." She mutters. "I knew you would be trouble from the start; Asgardian women always are.
Your (E/C) eyes narrow at the older woman.
"I suggest you heed caution with your words." You threaten, feeling the all familiar bubbling of anger.
Skadi scoffs. "Asgardian women should never be allowed to be trained as warriors. Vanir women know how to please their husbands; we stand beside them and support them. We do not challenge them. We are disciplined and make the perfect wives." She smirks. "I knew I would have to tone you down. That is why I had your little maids exiled from Asgard."
Her words hit you like shrapnel, and without even registering your actions, you strike her across the face with a sharp punch. Her head snaps back as blood sprouts from her nose. Freyja yelps and rushes over to her mother.
"I did warn you." Your voice is laced with pain. "Helena and Marion were innocent. They had nothing to do with any of this. Where do you think you will end up after this? Vanaheim has waged war on Midgard and the Princes of Asgard. Your son threatened innocent mortals. Do you really think you will end up on top?"
Skadi glares daggers at you, and her cheeks flush red with anger.
"You ungrateful bitch!" Skadi shrieks, rushing towards you.
"Go on." You taunt. "Strike me. I shall add that to your list of charges."
"Mother!" Freyja calls her back.
"You do not scare me, child. Frigga may have taught you her little tricks, but I am more cunning and cruel than you could ever imagine."
"I have faced children scarier than you, Skadi. I am one of Asgard's fiercest warriors. I have been trained by the best fighters in all the nine realms. You do not scare me."
You grin inwardly as Skadi and Freyja visibly recoil.
"Now, we have no idea what that thing is, so I suggest we all arm ourselves." You smile pleasantly. "Would like the honour of removing these bracelets?"
Freyja laughs. "You must be mad if you believe we would give you a weapon and allow you to use your powers."
You roll your (E/C) eyes.
"Listen, I am your best hope if that thing gets in here."
"Remove the bracelets." Skadi commands.
"But mother!"
"Remove them!"

You smile with triumph as Freyja reluctantly removes the bracelets. The effects are immediate, and you relish the feeling of your power returning back to you. Your whole body feels stronger as power surges through your body.
"It feels good to be back." You turn to Skadi and Freyja. "If you two are not willing to fight, then that is ok."
Skadi stands taller and takes a small dagger from under her skirts.
"I may be a Vanir lady, but I do know a few tricks." She smiles softly as if remembering better times.
The three of you freeze as you suddenly hear multiple footsteps in the hallway outside, and then the door starts to shudder as something or someone bangs it.
"Get behind me." Skadi commands her daughter.

You channel your powers, savouring the feeling of the cold rushing through you. The banging gets louder and more frantic, and the door starts to crack under pressure. Ice begins to form on the tips of your fingers as you prepare for what is behind the door. The golden door finally swings open, and multiple figures rush into the room. Before the dust settles, you unleash your power at the closest person. A ball of ice and snow smacks them in their chest, and they stumble. The dust clears, and you see the figures more clearly, and your heart flutters with joy.

"Scott?"