Cake in a Pan

"Director Fury, how can I help you?" I question innocently.
Fury is clad in his usual black leather jacket and looks deadly serious.
"We found some traces of Asgardian technology near you." He starts. "I just came to see if you had noticed anything out of the ordinary."
(Y/N)! I don't know what Fury will do if he finds out about the Asgardian princess in my spare room, so I play it cool. I can feel my pulse pounding in my temples.
"Ah, no. Haven't seen or heard anyone." I pause. "Or, er, anything, for that matter."
"Are you sure, Scott?" He pushes, his good eye narrowing.
"Yep." I smile. "I've got my daughter over, so I've been spending time with her."
Fury still looks suspicious, but steps away from my front door.
"Contact me if anything comes up, Mr Lang."
"Will do." I smile, closing the door.
Leaning on the wall, I take a deep breath and close my eyes.
"Daddy?" Cassie's small voice whispers. "Please, can you come read me a story?"
I turn to face my daughter and grin.
"Ok, Peanut."

My senses awaken before I do, and my nose fills with the scent of breakfast. Wait, breakfast? My olive-green eyes snap open, and I soundlessly rush downstairs. Voices are coming from the kitchen, and then I hear Cassie burst out laughing, so I relax slightly.
"You burnt the pancake!" She giggles.
I peek around the corner and see Cassie sat at the breakfast bar while (Y/N) is busy at the oven.
"This is the first time I have ever made a cake in a pan." (Y/N) defends.
She looks beautiful this morning. Her long (H/C) hair is flowing down her back, and her (E/C) eyes are slightly puffy from crying last night. Then I notice what she is wearing, and I blush.
"Dad will make us breakfast when he gets up." Cassie grins.
(Y/N) turns to face her, and I sharply breathe in. She's wearing one of my plain white tops and grey boxers. Where did she find those?
"Why were you crying last night?" Cassie timidly asks.
I lean on the wall and listen carefully to their conversation.
"I have run away from Asgard, my home." She sighs. "My father was forcing me to marry someone whom I do not like nor know."
"That's stupid!" Cassie exclaims. "You shouldn't have to marry someone you don't like."
(Y/N) laughs softly.
"Exactly. If I ever become queen, I shall abolish that law. Women should be free to choose who they want to marry."
"Are you still sad?"
The air feels heavy, and as I glance around the corner, I notice small tears on (Y/N)'s face.
"A little. I left my brothers back home, and I am afraid of what will become of them. The man I was supposed to marry is very powerful."
"Are you in danger?" Cassie's big brown eyes sparkle with concern. "My daddy will protect you. He's a superhero."
(Y/N) smiles sweetly and strokes Cassie's brown hair, but before she can reply I walk in; it's probably best not to let Cassie tell (Y/N) that I can shrink to the size of an ant.
"Morning." I yawn. "Nice outfit, (Y/N)."
She blushes bright red.
"Cassandra let me borrow your clothes." She tucks a strand of (H/C) hair behind her ear. "These knickers are very comfortable."
Cassie giggles mischievously and my eyes go wide.
"Oh, no, they're boxers. Girls wear knickers or panties. Men wear boxers."
(Y/N) goes bright red out of embarrassment and her eyes fall to the floor.
"My apologies."
This makes me laugh, I know I shouldn't. She clearly hasn't been to earth before.
"No, I think that Cassie tricked you." I grin.
(Y/N) turns to Cassie with a song like laugh.
"You should meet my brother. He likes tricks."
"I'll fix us some breakfast, and then we can go shopping." I smile, heading to the oven.
(Y/N) comes and stands next to me, her (E/C) eyes filled with curiosity.
"Can I watch?"
I beam. "Of course. Just call me Master Chef!"
And then she gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.

The shopping mall has architecture the schools and hospitals can only dream of. The ceiling is domed higher than any cathedral and made of the most beautiful glass. The walkways flow like tributaries to the main rivers of people, not a sharp angle to be seen. It smells like heaven in a hand-basket, and the floor shines like the surface of a lake at sunrise. In the background is music to soothe, gently flowing notes to take the shopper's cares far away. In a world so chaotic it is order. In a world of pollution and desecration, it is pure perfection in bubble-wrap.
"Welcome to the biggest shopping mall in New York!" I exclaim, grinning wildly at a confused looking (Y/N).
I can already tell that this is going to be great fun.