Families United

The corridor is bustling with maids and royal attendants as they all help prepare for the events of today. Apparently, everyone goes into panic mode when a royal family visit. Your heels click on the perfectly smooth floor, and everyone stops to bow in awe and respect. You hate attention, and this dress seems to be bringing more than its fair share. The golden doors leading to the great hall lie ahead, but before you go into the hall, you make sure you look ok. Straightening your tiara and brushing your dress, you push open the doors and walk in. Odin, Frigga, Thor and Loki are all watching you. You smile nervously as you walk over to your family. With a small curtsy, you glide up the steps and stand on the left next to Frigga. Odin is sat proudly on his throne, while Thor and Loki are stood on his right.
"(Y/N), I hope that you will behave today. This is the start of something great." Odin growls lowly.
You roll your eyes, not caring if Odin sees.
"Yes, father."

You take your place and grin at Loki and Thor. Loki makes a small signal with his hands; you have both made-up loads over the years to send secret messages. He draws a circle and a small cross on the inside. Meaning: 'You look beautiful'. You just smile a thank you. The room goes silent, and you nervously twist the ring on your finger. A guard wearing all gold, walks in, bows, then address Odin.
"Your guests have arrived, my lord." He states, rising to his feet.
"Bring them in."
The guard nods and exits the room. He returns soon, followed by four royals. Each member is dressed to impress. They are all sporting at least one gold item, and the dresses that the two women are wearing are covered in jewels.
"Thank you, All-Father, for inviting my family into your home and uniting us." A man with sea-blue eyes and grey stubble smiles with a small bow. "I am Njord, the king of Vanaheim. This is my wife, Skadi and my daughter, Freyja. And obviously, you have already met my son, Freyr."
He points to a woman with golden blonde hair and a small girl with the same blonde hair and grey eyes. Freyja is obviously Freyr's twin sister. You notice her staring at Thor, who just seems uncomfortable. Freyr grins at you as he kisses your knuckles.
"I am Odin. This is my beautiful wife, Frigga, and my sons, Thor and Loki. My daughter, (Y/N), is absolutely humbled to be marrying your son. Their marriage will unite our kingdoms in peace and war." Odin smiles at Frigga. "Darling, why don't you go with our guests and show them around, while I talk with Njord about the wedding?"

Frigga nods and ushers you, Loki, Thor, Skadi, Freyr and Freyja out of the room. It's awkward ... very awkward. Freyr is holding your hand with a smile as he talks to Frigga and his twin sister. Thor and Loki are walking silently behind us. However, you keep noticing Skadi glancing at you.
"You're smaller than Freyr described and plainer. Freyr, darling, are you sure she's worthy of being your wife? Maybe Freyja and Thor should get married instead. He is next in line to the throne." She looks slightly disgusted. "Hopefully, my grandchildren will not be so puny and plain."
Trying not to glare, you smile and turn to your mother. She notices your pained look and intervenes.
"Skadi, why don't we leave the children and explore the palace gardens? I will have the maids bring us some traditional food."
"That would be lovely. We can also talk about the wedding, you cannot leave important events in the hands of men." She smiles, walking off with your mother.

The five of you sit in front of a large fire pit in the east garden. You're all sitting on a stone bench that circles the fire. Freyja and Thor are seated together and engaging in a quiet conversation. You are sat in between Freyr and Loki, barely listening as they talk, instead, you are watching the fire as it dances on top of the logs. Watching the fire makes your hands itch with heat. It's burning, but not painful, it makes you feel strong, powerful like you could take on anything. This feeling has become more frequent in the summer months. Then, in winter, you have the opposite feeling to the heat. You don't know why it could be due to the event that happened in the forest with the Asgardian wolf.
"My love, did you hear what I just said?" Freyr asks with a small smile as he strokes your hand.
"Sorry I was in another world." You mumble. "Just thinking about the wedding."
Freyr grins as he kisses your cheek. "I am so excited. I was glad that father chose you and not those other girls. You're much quieter and better behaved than those women from my home. You are the perfect wife."
You clench your jaw, trying to control your anger.
"(Y/N) is a wonderful sister. We used to go swimming in the forest and play tricks on Thor. She has a great sense of humour, and is beautiful." Loki winks, and you roll your eyes.
"You and your silver tongue, brother."
Freyr takes your hand and stands up.
"Let us retire to our chamber, dear." He pulls you to his side. "I want to spend some quality time together before our wedding."
We say our goodbyes, and you're led by the arm to your bedroom. Freyr sits on the bed and starts removing his clothes. Leaving just his underwear on, he strolls towards you.
"Now it's your turn, my love."