Abendrot

(n.) the color of the sky while the sun is setting

"Our shelter is new to the people so there are not a lot of pets, also since we are new people rarely come by so we are very much pleased that you chose our shelter." Mr. Lim was the founder of this rescue shelter. Once I arrived I was greeted with a warm feeling and that's how I know this shelter takes care of their pets.

"Thank you Mr. Lim"

"By the way, Ma'am are you a first time pet owner? And what characteristics are you looking for?" Mr Lim asked me as we exit his office.

"Uhmmm no I had a dog for 8 years when she sadly passed because of ulcer. But Im looking for a dog who is a good companion, someone who is loyal and trainable." I had dog she grew up with me for almost half of my life, she was a special gift to me.

"I'm sorry to hear about that, why don't you follow me to the back section. I think you would find your match there." Mr. Lim explained to me that at the back area that is where they keep their medium to large sized breed. This also were they keep the breeds that needs training.

"Okay Ma'am I would leave you alone with them for around 30 minutes and I will be back"

"Thank you Mr. Lim" Entering the back section of the shelter, I saw different breeds. German Shepherds, Dalmatian, Standard sized poodles and even mixed breeds.

In the center sofas and cushions were placed to interact with the dogs, on the left side their was a balcony door leading outside were you can see the training course. While on the right side you can see some open carriers for the dogs to rest.

The place was a huge and I can see that they really take care of their dogs.

While petting the dogs running towards me I can't help but smile, I have always wanted to have a new pet. Animals in general just keep me happy and feel relaxed.

Looking around the area I saw a puppy maybe around 6 months old playing on his own. Laying my eyes on the puppy I knew I had chosen the right one. 

Walking towards the puppy, it's tail wagging and running towards me

Walking towards the puppy, it's tail wagging and running towards me. I wanted a puppy who has the energy but can keep calm at times. I was actually not considering getting a puppy since I know they have a lot of energy but this puppy was not.

"Hi buddy" smiling at the puppy you know that they understands what you're saying. Checking on the puppy I saw it was a male. 

"You're just a happy ball of fur aren't you." As of that Mr. Lim entered the room

"I see you have found who your looking fur. You got a smile on your face." I really did

"Well then let us keep him in a separate room and let's check his file."

Mr. Lim grabbed the puppy from me and placed him inside one of the rooms outside the hallway. Following him out of the area and heading towards the office.

"Okay let's see" Mr. Lim was looking at different folders. The office was cozy actually the whole place was.

"Okay here we go, let's head over to my office." I smiled and followed him towards his office.

"Okay little mister here needs a lot of exercise since he is a herding/working  dog, are you willing to walk him daily or do you have a huge ground space."

"I might not be able to walk him daily but I have a huge lawn space" I guess this little puppy will help me with my social anxiety.

" Well I guess he can be yours, He will need two more shots of c=vaccines and daily vaccines. Would you like to register him here as our patient?"

"I would love too" 

"Okay, fill these papers and I will fetch little mister for you." Handing me papers so that I can officially own him, Mr. Lim went out.

************

"Well then here we go. May I ask the name and I will put his records in to the clinic for you"

"Apollo will be his name and thank you once again Mr. Lim"

"Lovely name, I guess he will be the sunshine of you life huh. Anytime we always want people and pets feel connected. Have a safe trip." Smiling back at him and bid goodbye. I grabbed Apollo's carrier and went out of the rescue.

Arriving at my car I placed him on the passenger seat.

"Hey there buddy, how about we buy some stuffs for you." looking at him when Apollo suddenly barked like answering yes to me.

" Well then relax and we will be right there." 

Jogging around the car, opening the car door and started the engine. Looking outside I saw the sky orange the sun setting down at the distance. I guess Apollo will bring hope in to my life.

******************************************************************

Sorry for taking to long to upload. I have been busy with school lately

Thank you so much for the reads

Enjoy your day and see you guys the next time