The Audition

"Ms.Bennett!!", yelled out a photographer. You were surrounded by a crowd of paparazzi trying to get your picture after coming from the L.A. airport. You had just came back from the premiere of an Action packed movie you did and was on the way home. You could barely see where you were going with all the flashing lights and people circling you as if you're the president. Your body guards were late. You look around to see if you saw them but, they're nowhere to be found. At this point, you give up and call an Uber to pick you up.

Paparazzi 1: "Ms.Bennett! Will you ever play Zara Hudson again?"
Paparazzi 2: "What movie will you be doing next??"
Paparazzi 1: "What's your relationship with Zac Efron?!?!"

I started to feel claustrophobic and ran outside with my bags trying to escape the crowd when suddenly my phone dinged, the Uber was here. Finally. You looked at your phone and the driver's name was Nicholas, so you peeked your head inside and said, "Nick?" "Yeah that's me", he said. "Thank God." You opened the trunk and threw your luggage in and quickly got in the backseat of the car. The driver immediately left and the journey home began. You took a deep breath in and out as you closed your eyes and when you opened them, you found the driver looking back and forth at the rear view mirror and at the road. "You're-You're y/n Bennett." "In the flesh.", I said as I smiled weakly. "Oh my God, um-how was your flight?" "It wasn't too bad actually, thanks for asking.", I said once again smiling. "I just wanted to say you're absolutely gorgeous." "Thank you.", this started to get a little awkward. I mean I always get compliments of my beauty, not to sound conceited but, he would not stop staring at me. "Uh, would you mind keeping your eyes on the road please?" "Oh, of course. Sorry." Well this will be an interesting 45 minutes.

By the time you got home it was 11:15 am so, you took your bags into your house and plopped yourself onto the couch. (You had a big but Modern home.

You didn't need anything too big since you lived by yourself

You didn't need anything too big since you lived by yourself.) As soon as you did that, your phone rung. It was your agent Kelly. You were so exhausted, it was ridiculous. You didn't even get to sleep on the plane because even in first class, people were coming up to you asking for pictures throughout the whole ride. "Hello?" "Hey! Y/N! Baby! How was your flight?" "It was okay, I guess..." "Well, I know you probably just got home but I have a movie role that's calling your name! Like literally they're specifically asking for you." You sigh and ask, "What is it about?" "Oh, I'm so glad you asked! It's called 'The Purest Kind of Love'-" "Woah Kelly, you know I'm an Action and Drama genre type of girl." "Honey I know, it's definitely not an Action movie but it does have drama." "Okay fine, when do they want me to come in and try out?" "Oh babe, you don't even have to try out for the part. You already have it, they just want you to come in so you can read your lines with the guys who try out for your love interest." "Wow okay, when are the auditions?" "...They're today at 2 pm." "At 2?! I just got home." "I know hun, but it's only for a few hours. Plus, you have some time to rest before you have to come in." Boy, am I tired. I really don't want go anywhere else but my bed but, this is the life I live. "Alright. Continue with what the movie is about." "Like I was saying, your name is Maddison Hunt and you just broke up with your boyfriend who was caught cheating on you in your own apartment as soon as the script starts." "Yikes." "Definitely. You get so upset and frustrated that you walked out into the street without even looking and a car almost hits you. But fortunately, someone pulled you out of the way just in time. Your soon to be love interest, Derek Walker." "Okay, but where's the drama?" "You'll get there hun. Get your rest and be at the studio by 2. Talk to ya later." You looked at your phone and it was 11:40, you placed an alarm for 12:30pm to start getting ready and dropped your phone besides you and laid down on the couch to close your eyes.

You wake up to the annoying sound of your alarm and get up to take a shower. Once you came out, you put on some dark blue jeans with a grey shirt that had the Iron man face on it. You threw on some white air forces and started to do your hair. You didn't feel like doing too much so you just curled it and did some light makeup. By the time you were done it was 1:30 so, you grabbed an apple from the kitchen island and left. You locked your door, went inside your car, and drove away. The studio was only 15 minutes away, so you'd be there on time. When you got there, you walked in and looked for Kelly. You turned a corner and there she was outside of the auditioning room smiling at you, "Y/N! Hun, you made it! Oh look at you, just gorgeous." You smiled back and hugged her. "Kelly, I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans." You giggled. "Babe, you could be wearing a trash bag and you'd still pull it off." "Thanks Kells." "Alright enough talking to me, here's the script. Get in there and kill it. Hopefully you find your love interest!" "Thanks Kelly, wish me luck!". You opened the door and you see a guy about 5'11 with a script in his hand look up and walk towards you.

"Hi, it's such an honor to meet you." Honor? What was I the Queen? "Nice to meet you?..." "Oh, I'm Connor McFadden" "Y/N" I said smiling. This is gonna be a long day. 4 hours later, you felt like you said your lines 100 times with guys you had no connection with. "Alright, I think that was the last one-" "Wait!" A guy with Brown/blondish hair comes in as the director passes him a script. "I'm sorry I'm late. There was crazy traffic." He turned to me with a smile and gave me his hand to shake, "Nice to meet you, Y/N." "Nice to meet you too-" "Chris" "Nice to meet you Chris." The camera man gives us the sign that the camera is about to roll so we both flip to the first page. "Okay we're rolling in 3! 2! 1!" He pointed at us and I had the first line. "Oh my God" I said shocked, "Are you okay?? You just ran in the street without looking." Chris said concerned, "Yeah. I mean no, I'm not okay. I-I've just been going through some things." I said pretending to be out of breath. I looked up at his blue eyes as he looked at me and I realized how handsome he was. "Do you need to sit down for a minute?" "Yeah, actually I do." We sat on the couch in the room as a prop. "Do you need anything?" "Well, I just caught my boyfriend-I mean my ex, cheating on me with another girl in my own apartment so, can't go back there." I said with tears forming in my eyes, "Wow. I'm so sorry to hear that, can't believe something like that happened to someone like you." "Someone like me? You don't even know me." I said softly, "I know but, for some reason I feel like I already do." We look into each other's eyes and I felt it. A connection that I couldn't find in any other actor that came today. But it was different than anything I've ever felt before. "Annnnnd cut!!! If that wasn't a great first scene then I don't know what it was!" Our gazing broke once we heard the director speak and smiled at each other. "Chris, you got the part. Hands down. All those other actors were knock offs." "Wow, that's great. And quick.", he said giving another one of his smiles. Everyone left the room and began getting their stuff to leave the studio when someone lightly grabbed my arm, it was Chris. "Hey, um, I just wanted to say great job back there." "Oh thanks, same to you! You did amazing." "Thank you. Um, do you wanna grab some coffee tomorrow morning? So we could get to know each other a bit since we'll be working together now." "Uh, yeah sure. Here's my number so we can text and meet up." We gave each other our numbers and parted. It was about 6:30 so, I drove home and ordered Wingstop because I am starving! I sat on my couch and turned on a movie. 30 minutes later, the food gets here and I dig in while I enjoy the film. 2 hours later, I finished the movie and food and jumped in the shower. Then, I brushed my teeth and put on some pjs. I jumped in bed and got under the warm comforter and just scrolled through my phone for another 3 hours. Crazy how addicting your phone can be. Finally, I put my phone down and got comfortable but as soon as soon as I did that, my phone dinged. I grunted and turned back towards my phone to see who texted me and it was Chris.

Text Message:
Chris: How does 10 sound?