In Sickeness and In Health

Y/N's POV
A few weeks after we went to Jimmy Kimmel's night show, Chris caught a big fat cold. He was coughing and sniffing, and he overall was a snotty mess. I told him what happened that night with Nick and he insisted to go find the guy and give him a piece of his mind. I calmed him down and said it wasn't worth it so, we just kept an eye out. Chris was basically in bed all day with Dodger, moaning and groaning.

I brought up some cough syrup with some OJ and sat next to him. "You shouldn't be near me babe. I don't want to get you sick."he said with his stuffy nose, "I can't leave you to fend for yourself bug. What kind of fiancé would I be? In sickness and in health remember? Even though we're not married yet but, it's good to practice." I said while pouring some syrup onto a spoon. I headed the spoon towards his mouth and he dodged it. "I don't wanna." He whined, I rolled my eyes to his childishness and replied, "Don't you want to feel better?" ".....Yes." He said slowly while pouting with his arms crossed. "Then open up, it'll be quick." He opened his mouth and I shoved the spoon into his mouth. He swallowed it as he made a look of pure disgust and I passed him the cup of orange juice. "Drink this bug. I have to make a quick run to the pharmacy to get you some more medication." "Noooo." He said grabbing my arm before coughing into his elbow. I titled my head at him and he raised his finger up to sneeze. Twice. "Okay, I'm definitely going now. I'll buy some Theraflu tea and more cough syrup. And cough drops." He groaned and blew his nose into a tissue as I got up from the bed. "Please be careful. I don't want that psycho to follow you. Take that taser I bought for you." "Chris, do I really have to bring that with me?" "Yes, especially if I'm not with you. Come on, you know you like it. I got it bedazzled." I giggle at his comment and shook my head. "Okay, I will." I put on some warm clothes along with my coat and beanie and headed out.

When I got to the pharmacy, I got into the medicine isle and grabbed a couple of things. "I see you're finally alone. Pretty boy couldn't make it?" I turned to see Nick oddly close to me. I gasped in shock and backed myself up. "Don't be scared gorgeous, I just want to talk to you about this sham you're trying to do with your boyfriend." "What sham?" "The wedding. I mean come on, are you seriously going to marry him?" He asked. I bobbed my head back and scoffed at him, "Yes, I am serious. What is your problem with Chris?" "I just don't think he's good for you. Come back to me." He said caressing my hands. I swiftly pulled away from him and walked to the register. "Don't touch me Nicholas." I snarled, "Why are you being like this? You know you miss me." He snickered. I placed my stuff on the counter to pay and turned to him, "No. I don't. You didn't really care for me. You were too controlling. And you only really used me for publicity." "Why would I need to do that? We're both superstars here." "Nicholas, take a good moment to think about what you just asked me." I said turning back to pay for the medicine. I walked out of the store and he grabbed my arm again so, I reached for my taser in my bag to pull it out. He cackled so much that he held his stomach. I rolled my eyes and said, "What's so funny?" "A taser? Really? And it's bedazzled?" He laughed even more while moving a piece of hair from his face. "At least I have a good man who wants to protect me at all costs when he's not there. And he got it bedazzled because he cares." He immediately stopped laughing and said, "I do care for you." "Yeah, maybe now." "Y/N, can you just take a minute and think! He's not the one." "And you are? He's done way more than you ever could do." I scowled. I turned back to walk to my car and he grabbed my arm again. Without thinking, I accelerated my fist and punched Nick in the nose causing him to scream. I held my hand with the other and groan. "You bitch! I think you just broke my nose!" I slapped him and said, "Don't you ever call me a bitch." Next thing you know, paparazzi showed up and swarmed us so, I covered my face and drove back home.

"Chris! You will not believe what just-" I opened the door to see Chris on the ground, I drop the pharmacy bag and screamed. "Oh my god." I said before quickly lowering myself to him. His head bounced up and said, "Y/N? It's okay, I'm fine. I just came down for some water and....I tripped. I didn't have the strength to get back up so, I napped on the ground." I held my hand over my heart and sighed in relief. "You almost scared me to death." I said hugging him. "Let's get you up." I pulled his arm over my neck and picked him up off of the floor and onto the couch. "I'm sorry." "It's okay Chris. This is exactly why I have to take care of you. I'm gonna get started on the tea." I grabbed the bag and took out the prescription tea and headed to the kitchen. I boiled some water and poured it into a cup to put the teabag inside. I walked back to the couch and gave it to him. "Thank you." He said sniffing as he drunk his tea. I grabbed the blanket that was folded and covered him up. "What did you want to tell me?" I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "How did you hear me if you were asleep?" "I can still hear, sometimes." "Well, when I went to the-" "Woah, what happened to your hand?" He asked taking my bruised fist into his hand. "That's what I wanted to tell you......Nick somehow found me and kept harassing me about us getting married." I said sitting next to him with my head down.

"Oh, that's it. I'm gonna find this jackass." He said throwing the blanket to the side and getting up. He stumbled a bit and I caught him. "Uh uh. You are in no position to go fight my battles. You can't even stand up straight." "But this is going too far y/n! I know you can take care of yourself but, you shouldn't be bruising your pretty hand for that freak.......I'm supposed to do that." He said gently. I looked into his eyes and held his head in my hands to bring it down and kiss his forehead. "I adore you. You know that?" He lightly chuckled while sitting back down and said, "I love you too. But until I'm better, we're going to have to get you a body guard." "I already have one. His name is Roy, I just usually don't bring him around like that considering that he has two other jobs. But if you insist....I'll call him in." "Thank you." I call out to Dodger and take him on a walk. Once I came back, I fed him and started grilling some burgers for lunch. "I wish I could smell those burgers right now. I bet they smell amazing, tell me what they smell like." I giggle and answered, "Uhh, they smell like.....burgers?" I burst out laughing and say, "I don't know how else to describe them bug." I grab the seasoning and I wince at the movement. "Oh and do me a favor love." "What is it?" "Ice your knuckles for me. And take a break, you've been running around all week. I'm fine, you bought everything I need at least until I get back on my feet." "Okay I will. After we eat." "Fine by me." He said as he waited for the food to be done.