Always, Love

****SKIP TO MORNING OF THE TRIAL****

Chris's POV

"So, they said that we don't have to be in the courtroom. They just thought it would be easier if we wait here instead of being home, worrying our butts off." I said approaching y/n as she sat on the bench outside. "So, what do we do now?" She asks looking down, "What do you mean? Now as in at this moment or after they figure out the sentences?" "After." "Well, we're going to do whatever you decide. And I won't leave your side." Her red eyes met mine and took my hand, "You promise?" "Always, love." I sat down besides her and gave her the most comfort I possibly could, "I'm here for you 'til the end, I'm not going anywhere.". We sat there in a tight embrace until one of the bailiffs called us into the courtroom. She looked at me with worry and I kissed her cheek before I helped her inside. The judge looked our direction once we came in and said, "I have decided to give Maddison Bennett 25 years to-" "25 years?! I'll get wrinkles!" Maddison exclaimed. The judge shot her a look and said, "You'll live.....or not. As I was saying, Maddison Bennett will serve 25 years to life with a $500,00 bail. And, Nicholas Hoult is sentenced to life." He banged the gavel and the officers began taking them away. I watched y/n's eyes follow her sister as they made eye contact and she stormed out. I looked between y/n and the other two before chasing her out of the courtroom. When I finally caught up with her, she fell to the ground and the stitches on her leg opened up. My blood instantly ran cold and my heart skipped a beat. Red was seeking through her pants and she was crying in pain. She must've put too much pressure on it. I stooped down to her level and took off my jacket to wrap around her leg.

"It's okay baby, I'm here. You're gonna be fine." I said cradling her face. And in this moment, I could tell it was gone. That pure joy and happiness that was once there in her eyes, is gone. All I see now is...pain. "Can I get some help over here!" I shouted before officers came running down my way, calling an ambulance. An hour passed by while waiting in the hospital's waiting room and a nurse came and finally told me that she was fine. "These things happen all the time, we're glad you came in time. We can discharge her now. Just make sure that she really stays off her feet this time so, that her leg can heal properly." I nod at the nurse and she goes behind a curtain, pushing y/n in a wheelchair towards me. "We gave her something to relax so, she might be in and out for the rest of the day. Here are some extra bandages for when you need to change the wrapping. She should be healed up in about another 3-6 weeks." She handed me a small bag with the bandages and I replied, "Thank you so much.". I looked at y/n and she looked back, droopy eyed, she whispered, "Can you take me home please?" "Of course." I said as she closed her eyes, falling asleep. I sigh and look to the exit where her security guys are and approached them. They guarded me as I pushed y/n through the crowd of paparazzi and fans.

I ignored all the questioning and gently lifted y/n into the car before getting in myself. Then, the security guards got in the front and drove off. Once we got home, I changed the clothes she had on and covered her in bed. I hate that this is happening to her. I'm pretty sure she's not upset about Nick but, it was about her sister. Even after everything she did to her, she still had some sympathy. It's like she never has a break. First was the accident and then, she got kidnapped by her own sister along with the help of her ex. This is crazy. Sometimes I feel like none of this is even real, it sounds like it came straight off of a tv show but, it didn't. My mind is just overflowing with emotions. I sit back on the couch and brush my hands through my hair, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. My phone goes off on the coffee table, blaring "Hungry Eyes", letting me know it was Sebastian calling. I take another deep breath before answering, "Hello?" "Chris? Are you guys okay? What happened? I heard you guys were in the hospital." "We were just at the court for the sentence hearing and y/n panicked and ran away." "Ran? Isn't she still healing?" "Yeah, exactly. Her stitches opened back up and we had to take her back to get stitched up. But we're home now and she's in bed, I just have to make sure she's off her feet." "Okay good, and what about you?" "What about me?" "Are you okay?" "...Not really. I just want to do the best I can to be there for her but, I feel like what I do is not enough. She went through things I couldn't even possibly begin to help with." "Have you talked to her about therapy?" "Yeah, I did last night. She said she would think about it." "Okay well in the meantime, maybe next week, I could come over. We can try to cheer her up and take her mind off of it. Maybe watch some movies?"

"Yeah, that could help. Hopefully, it'll get her spirits up." "Okay cool, and don't worry Chris. I know you're doing the best you can for her." "Thanks man." And with that, we hung up. I got up and decided to make some pasta for her when she wakes up. When I finished, I went up to check on her and she was on her phone. "Hey bug." "Hi, love. How are you feeling?" "I'm okay, I'm sorry for scaring you back there." She said while sitting herself up. "I'm just happy that you're back home and not bleeding." She grinned and cupped my face, giving me a kiss, "Thank you for taking care of me." "It's my job as your fiancé. It's only the right thing to do." I joked, getting a small giggle from her, "There it is. There's that gorgeous smile I've been waiting for." I smiled as she returned an even bigger one, "Oh god, how I missed it." I kissed her hand and her smile faded and she said, "I ran away because.....I felt somewhat bad for seeing my sister being put away. And I know, I know. She did something terrible to me and I shouldn't even look back at her twice but, she's still my sister. You know?" I nod and said, "I know bug. It's just who you are. You're the most selfless person I've ever met. I don't know how you do it." "I don't know either." She said. For a moment, we just stared at each other in silence. "Oh, I meant to tell you that I made some pasta for you. Do you want me to bring it up to you or do you want me to bring you down?" "Oh no, you don't have to do all of that. You can just bring it up please." So I did as she asked, bringing up a plate of my own too as we watched a movie.

"I think I want to go." I turned to her in confusion, "Go where?" I asked, "To therapy. I think I have a lot of things I need sorted out.... and same for you. Like you said, you could use it too." "Okay yeah, whatever you want. We'll get it more figured out tomorrow." She nodded lightly and looked back at the tv. Soon, I did the same and we sat there eating pasta and watching movies until dawn.