Such A Dork

Y/N's POV
My eyes slowly fluttered open as I felt something wet move across my face until I realized it was Dodger waking me up with morning kisses. I chuckled and lightly pushed him away, "Okay, okay. I'm up Dodge. Mission definitely accomplished." He then jumped off the bed from Chris's side of the bed and ran around so, he could sit directly in front of me, "Good morning my sweet boy, where's daddy?" I grinned scratching behind his ear and he barked in response, heading towards the steps as he waited for me. "Okay, I'm coming. Let me just wash up at least. You can go without me." I walked to the bathroom and did my morning routine for about 15 minutes until I came back out and dressed in my pink oversized hoodie blanket, black leggings, and fuzzy socks. It was just that type of morning. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and went to grab my ring but, it was gone. Where the hell did it go?

I looked under the bed and under the stand for it but, it wasn't there. My breath hitched as I frantically looked under the bed covers and all over the ground, this is a fiancé's worst nightmare. I can't believe I lost it! I think I remember putting it next to my phone last night. Didn't I? This is just great. My ring was the one thing that wasn't taken from me when I was kidnapped. Which is surprising. You would think they would take the one thing I had of Chris left, away. But I kept it through the whole process. I anxiously walked down the steps as I heard, It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas play and went into the kitchen where Chris was singing and making breakfast. "Good morning, Sunshine. How'd you sleep?" He asked, still facing the stove. "Uh, pretty good. How about you?" I breathed out, swallowing the lump in my throat. "It was great! And I'm so glad you slept well. I'm making crepes! I just squeezed some fresh orange juice and cut some fruits too." Oh, he's too perfect. I should just come out with it.

He slowly turned around and asked, "Are....you okay?" He knows me well, too well I should add. "I um-I kind of. I mean I did. Well not completely-" "Spit it out, love. No need to feel anxious, I'm right here." He said turning the fire under the food down before walking up to me with his calm and enchanting eyes. He always knows what to say to relax me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "I think I lost my ring. I woke up and it wasn't where I usually put it." I said before opening my eyes to see his reaction. He quickly chuckled while doing his infamous chest slap which confused me. He placed his hand on my shoulder then, palmed my cheek before saying, "Baby, it's not lost. I took it earlier to go get cleaned. I was getting ready to go out for my early morning jog and I noticed that your ring was in desperate need for a clean. So, I found a good place not too far from here and went to go get it done."

My facial expression then went from confusion to awe. That was so thoughtful, "That was so considerate of you, bug. Thank you so much." I pouted before kissing him on the lips, "You're very welcome. I probably should've warned you. But here." He smiled, taking the ring out of the small baggie in his pocket and slid it onto my finger. "It's okay, it was an exhilarating way to wake up." I joked while holding up my hand to look at my ring. It really was clean. He chuckled again and said, "You look adorable, by the way." He said looking me up and down as he got back to the stove and finished up the food. We ate breakfast, talked, and listened to the Its the most Wonderful Time of the Year play. "There'll be much mistletoeing and hearts will be glowing when loved ones are near. It's the most wonderful time of the year." The speaker sang, which struck an amazing idea.

Chris hasn't been with his family since everything happened and it would be nice for him to go back home and see them for the holidays. Oh, I have work to do. "What do you want to do today?" He asked, "Um, is it okay if I invite the girls over?" I haven't seen Scarlett since the failed Halloween party and I haven't seen Lizzie since the incident. She's been keeping in touch but, I haven't seen her facein so long. "Uh-yeah! Of course, you can. But I have to ask, do you think you're ready?" I took a moment to consider his question and answered, "Yeah, I think I am. I miss them so much. And it's just them, I think I'll be okay." "Okay then, call them over, love."