I'm Right Here

Y/N's POV
After a week of being back, I was so happy to finally be home and spend time with Chris after all of the craziness that happened. Being able to hold him in my arms is such a relief. When I fell from the bridge, I thought I was a goner. But I knew that I left this world in love with a person who loves me back. Anyways, as soon as we got to my house that morning when I got out, we spent the whole day packing my clothes which went a long way just for one day. The next day, we got movers to get furniture and stuff that I wanted into Chris's house. While we were in bed, I was just on my phone looking at all the news reports saying that Chris and I made it out alive when I felt Chris moving in his sleep. I turned to him and gently placed my hand on his shoulder since his back was facing towards me. "No, please." He weeped in his sleep, "Chris? Wake up love." I said lightly shaking him, "Come back y/n! Don't leave me here.....please baby!" When he said my name I felt terrible. "Hey, hey. I'm right here. I didn't leave you love, I'm right here look." He looked at my face with relief and he held onto me tightly. I held him and reassured that I'm right beside him. This whole week he's been having nightmares about the same thing. He won't tell me exactly what they're about but, he keeps yelling out my name. I know this has something to do with the accident, I mean it's still traumatic for me as well. He's just been going through a tough spot, I know when he's ready to talk he'll come around. He laid his head on my chest, wrapped his arms around me, and said, "I went in after you." "What?" I said immediately looking at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "You went in the water for me?" He silently nodded and bowed his head. My cheeks became hot as tears rolled down my face. He risked his own life, for me. "I remember seeing your hand slip from mine. Seeing you......drop on the ice. And you were bleeding. Then, the ice broke. And you were in the water. I couldn't leave you." At this point, my face was pouring with tears and I brought his face up to kiss him. "It's okay bug. Because of you, I'm here right now. They probably wouldn't have even found my body as quickly if you hadn't pulled me out. Thank you......so much. You can go to sleep now, okay?" "Okay."

I wiped my tears away and tried my best to get to sleep when suddenly I felt my phone buzz. I open it and see Lizzie and Scarlett ask if I wanted to go out for coffee. I replied yes and thought to myself. Chris risked his life by plunging into freezing cold water to save me. I don't know how I could ever repay him. As thoughts wandered in my mind, I soon fell asleep.

9:45 am

I open my eyes to see Chris sleeping peace beside me. Poor baby, I hate that he's been having these nightmares. I sit up in bed and look at my phone, my eyes widened and I got a text from Scarlett saying that she and Lizzie were 15 minutes away. So, I slowly got out of bed and ran in the bathroom to get ready. I put on a black sweater, jeans, a creme scarf, and black knee high boots. I did my hair and did a natural makeup look then, wrote a note for Chris and kissed him on the cheek. By the time I came downstairs, I heard beeping outside. I left the house and got in the car. "Hey y/n!" Liz said, "How's living with Chris been?" Scarlett asked before driving off. "It's been great. It already felt like we were living together since we were always at each other's house. But it feels even better now that we don't have to travel back and forth. He's been cooking breakfast and I cook dinner. Or we switch." "Aww, that's so cute. He might as well pop the question." Lizzie said. I looked at her with shock and say, "Wow, it's so crazy that you mentioned that. Before the accident happened, my mom asked me if I could imagine myself getting married to Chris." "Well, can you?" asked Scarlett, "Yeah, I mean he's such a sweetheart ya know?" We got to the café and headed in so that we wouldn't cause too much fuss. We sat down and continued to talk about everything with each other. It was as if we've known each other for years already by the way we got along so quickly. Scarlett started talking about when she got into acting and how on one of her first couple of roles how she met Chris. "We've known each other for so long, it's crazy that he's with you now. Like I literally watched him grow up. Even though he's older, it was like watching my little brother grow into this big guy who's now in a relationship that he's crazy about." Scarlett replied,"Yeah, I haven't known Chris that long but, I'm glad you guys found each other." Liz added on before taking a sip of her coffee. "So am I. You know I've never loved anyone before, or even believed in it til I met him. He treats me like a goddess." I said before seeing my phone buzz. It was a text from Chris. I open it and he said he's going to make dinner for me tonight when I come home.

"Speaking of Chris, now he's saying he's going to make dinner for me." I said shaking my head with a smile on my face. Lizzie and Scarlett look at each other before looking back at me. "What?" I asked confused, "What do you think he's going to make?" Lizzie asked with a smirk, "I'm really not sure. Why are you guys making that face?" I asked with a confused yet amused look, "Oh we were thinking that maybe he'll make you this dish he used to make for everyone after a long day of being on set. He would invite all of us over and cook." Lizzie said, "Oh okay, what was the dish?" I asked. "Um, it was a....Chicken parmesan. Absolutely delicious!" Scarlett said with enthusiasm. I looked at her weirdly and ended up giggling at her sudden excitement. After about two hours and a half, they dropped me back home and planned to go out again in about two weeks. I got out of the car and grabbed my keys to open the door when Chris came out and closed the door behind him. I shoot him a confused look meanwhile, he has a childish smile on his face. "Um, hi Chris." "Hi bug, ready to see the.....dinner?" He asked snickering. At this point, I'm very confused but I answered, "Yeah I am bug, show me what you made." He covered my eyes and brought me inside the house. "Are you ready?" He asked, "Yup." I replied popping the p. He released his hands and there was a brown and white mutt sitting in front of me wagging his tail excitedly to see me. I gasp, look at Chris, and back at the dog. I immediately pet him and he welcomes me with kisses. I giggle and Chris says, "His name is Dodger. I was gonna take you to Boston to see him but since the accident happened, you never got to meet him." "He is so adorable! I love him already!" "I'm so glad you do bug! It seems like he loves you already too." He said chuckling. Dodger continued to give kisses and suddenly jumped on top of me. I laughed out loud and asked, "How did you even get him here? I thought you were asleep when I left?" "Well, I asked Scarlett and Liz to take you out this morning to get you out of the house. Plus, he was already on the way since 3 am. By the help of a friend who was dog sitting him while I was away. I thought it was about time that he came here." Dodger finally gave me a break from the licking and gave me his paw. I shook it and got up to give Chris a kiss. "He's amazing." "Yeah. I did make you dinner by the way, chicken parmesan." "Yes, I heard about your famous dish from Liz and Scarlett." He closed his eyes and chuckled, "Of course you did. Come on let's eat."

He takes out a plate of food for me and himself then, some food for Dodger. It's crazy how quickly he got here along with all of his stuff. I've always wanted a dog but, never took the time to go look for one. We ended the night watching Lion King and apparently Dodger loves it. He even has a lion toy that sings and he sings along with it. So cute! We ended up going upstairs and setting up Dodger's new bed in our room, he loves it by the way. Then, we took a bath together and got comfortable. Out of nowhere, Dodger jumps in the bed and gets in between us causing us to burst out laughing. We cover a blanket over us and fell right asleep.