They'll Love You

Chris's POV
I open the car door for y/n as we walked up to her small home and I'm pretty sure I'm having an anxiety attack. She grabs my hand to walk further carrying our small bags, since we weren't staying long and I stop in my tracks to try and catch my breath. "Hey, hey what's wrong?" "I'm freaking out a bit." I said out of breath as I place my hands on my knees. "Come here." She motioned me to her and I buried my face into her neck as she embraced me. She rubbed my back and brought her hands up to my neck to look at me and.....it's like she instantly calmed me down without saying a word. Her fingers stroked across my cheek as she looked into my eyes,"Just breathe. They'll love you." she whispered. Grabbing her hand as it palmed my cheek, I kissed her and continued walking towards the door. "Since my mom's in L.A. right now, you'll just have to meet everyone else." "Right. I forgot she was back in L.A." I muttered.

Before she even got to knock, the door swung open revealing her loving family members, swarming her with hugs as the kids wrapped themselves around her legs. The affection that they showed her already began lifting my spirits. "Auntie Y/N! We missed you! Is this the mister you were kissing on the tv?" the little girl asked furrowing her eyebrows while gesturing to me. Y/N giggled and took my hand as we entered the house. "Yeah, this is him." I gave her a grin and bent down, "I'm guessing your name's Kayla, right?" She nodded with the biggest smile on her face and replied, "Yeah, are you auntie y/n's famous boyfriend?" I chuckled and answered, "Yeah I am, I came down here to meet you." Before she could reply, y/n's nephew Alex ran up to me and asked, "Woah, are you Captain America?!" I nodded and whispered, "Shh. You got to promise to not tell anyone. I'm on a secret mission and I have to go undercover. Will you keep my secret?" He nodded eagerly and whispered, "Are you going to marry our auntie?" I looked up at y/n as she gave me a nod, assuring me it's okay, "Yes I am, and guess what buddy? You're going to be in the wedding!" "Really?!" His eyes glowed with excitement as he jumped up and down, I felt a small tug on my shirt and see Kayla with her arms crossed, "What about us?" she motioned towards her and Hannah, who is extremely adorable by the way, "You guys too." "Yeah, we got you two some pretty flower girl dresses and we got Alex a cute little tux for our cute little ring bearer." Y/N added.

The kids gave out some giggles before running off into the house. I stood back up to be greeted by more family members, "The name's Frank." Y/N's uncle said firmly shaking my hand, "Chris." I replied, "And this is my wife, Carol." I turned my attention to her and softly shook her hand before she pulled me in for a hug, "Oh come on, we're family now! None of that stranger stuff." She chuckled as we walked further into the house, "This is the guy everyone's talking about? I don't see what the big deal is." Y/N's other uncle said with a stern look on his face, my smile dropped and my heart immediately dropped at the comment. Oh no, of course someone doesn't like me already. I can feel my heartbeat start to quicken as I gulp. Am I sweating? "Ah, I'm just messing with you kid. The name's Tom." He cackled, shaking my hand. I chuckle nervously, oh thank God. Frank joins him in laughter as they pat my shoulder, "Sorry. Just had to make you crack a little." "It's alright." Y/N rolls her eyes and says, "Guys, I thought we agreed on no fooling around?" "Oh, it was just a small joke hun. Big guy like him can take it, can't you Chris?" "Yeah, yeah of course." I smiled as I continued on to meet the last of them, her sister. She was seated on the couch before gracefully walking up to me, giving me her hand. I gently shook it as she gave me a slyly smirk, "Nice to finally meet you, I'm Maddison." She scanned me up and down before saying, "I see why y/n hung on to you. Much longer than she has with all her other boyfriends. Glad to see she finally has some good taste." She tilts her head at y/n saying, "Oh, hey sis." as she waved her fingers at her, making y/n's face burn with anger.

Maddison makes contact with me again, only this time, squeezing my biceps which caused me to clear my throat, lightly removing her hands, "So, they do look just as real as they do in the movies-" "That's enough Maddie." y/n said grabbing my arm to get us settled upstairs. We enter a room, which I'm guessing is hers and it was exactly how I thought it would look. Every time she would talk about her home, she would mention how much color was bursting throughout her room. "Are you okay?" I ask, focusing back on y/n. "No, I'm not okay. This is why I don't like to come home. My sister always has to find some way to piss me off. It's like she has nothing better to do. She literally just threw herself at you as if we're not getting married in two days." She sat on her bed with her fingers massaging her temples as she gave a sigh.

"Well don't worry bug. As soon as she got touchy, I moved myself away from the situation." "It's not you I'm worried about Chris. I know you'll always disregard someone hitting on you. It's just her." "Hmm." I pondered, thinking of a way to cheer her up. "How about we make her jealous?" Her head shot up as she smirked, "Go on." I laugh at her eagerness and continue, "Let's just be really lovey dovey around her. I mean we are always lovey dovey but, let's really push it." "I like how you're thinking Evans." I looked around further and there were turquoise walls with magenta bed sheets, plush animals sitting on the shelves along with trophies for spelling bee competitions. "You won spelling bee competitions?" Her face lightened up before giggling, "Why is this the first I'm learning about this?" "It wasn't intentional, I just kind of forgot about them-". Her phone rings, cutting her off and it was Krystal. "Wonder what she wants." Y/N asked curiously, she picked up and answered, "Hello? Okay, slow down. You did what?!"  I look at her, whispering, "What?". She holds her finger up and continues to listen to Krystal. I can't hear what she's saying but, I could tell it was important.

After about 10 minutes, she hung up looking speechless. "Baby, what happened?" Slowly, she makes eye contact with me and smiles, "Apparently, her and Seb hooked up." I held my hand up to my mouth in shock and say, "You're kidding?" She shook her head and held her mouth slightly open, trying to process what she was just told. "When? How? Where?" "She said it was when we were in Vegas during that huge party that was happening. Now that she mentioned that.....I definitely didn't see her around for a little while." "Yeah, Seb disappeared too for a bit. Well, was it a one time thing or?" "She said she thinks so but, knowing her....it's probably not." We laid down on the bed before bursting out in laughter. "This week has been absolutely crazy." She says gazing at me, "It has. I'm glad that I spent it with you." As soon as I go in for a kiss, someone knocks at the door, "Y/N! Chris! Time for dinner!"

***2 Hours Later***

Y/N's POV
"So, have you been offered any new roles Chris?" Aunt Carol asked, digging into her dessert. "Uh, no not since the accident. Y/N and I decided to take a little break before getting back into filming. At least until after the wedding. By the way, Carol this key lime pie is.....amazing." "Aw Chris, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it." The room goes quiet as everyone continues to eat their sweets in silence. "You know y/n used to bake all the time? Too bad it was terrible." Maddison peeps before sipping her wine, "I think her baking is pretty great. She makes  everything so perfectly." He looks at me, rubbing my knee as he picked up another fork of dessert. Chris always knows what to say, "You're just saying that to butter me up bug." I grinned before he placed a kiss on my cheek saying, "Maybe I am." Maddie rolls her eyes as the rest of the table awes and continues the conversation.

Before you knew it, Chris was hanging out with my uncles, cackling while watching tv. I knew that they would love him. Alex runs up to him and he picks him up, tackling him on the couch with tickles. I clean off the table and talk with my aunt as we wash the dishes. It was a really nice day, I missed seeing everyone here. Too bad we have to leave in the morning. After I finished up, it was late and the kids were all laying on Chris as they slept. My heart fluttered with warmth and joy seeing Chris with the kids. It makes me can't wait for when we have kids together, he's going to be such a great dad.

My aunt and uncle Frank take the kids to sleep in the extra rooms as Chris sat there, still asleep. I sat next to him and lightly shook him awake, "Bug, let's go upstairs to sleep." "Okay." He said sleepily. I helped him up the stairs, into the room and on the bed. "My sleepy boy." I giggled to myself and took off his clothes, getting him into something comfortable. "Thank you love." He mumbled as I got into something comfortable myself. I got under the covers with him as he wrapped his arms around my waist, snuggling up to me. "You smell so good." He whispered, "Quit smelling me ya weirdo." I grinned. A few seconds later, I heard light snores come out, letting me know he was fast asleep. "Good night baby." I whispered, falling asleep not too far after him.