On The Move

"Chris? What are you doing here?" I made myself really emotional before knocking on the door and made tears come down my face, "Hey, um. I-I know I'm the last person you want to talk to but.....I just need someone to talk with. No one else ever knew y/n like you did. And now that she's gone......I-I just need some help." "Uh, yeah man sure." He said hesitantly, letting me in. I quickly glanced around and sat down on his couch, "So, how's the search on her?" "Not too good. The police have no leads." I said as my voice cracked, "Wow, I'm so sorry Chris. What can I do to help?" "Can you just.....tell me about times with her? Talking about her helps me." "Um, yeah."

He sat down beside me and said, "Well, she used to always hiccup when she was drunk and.......she was always full of life, ya know? And I remember her getting upset at me this morn- I mean one morning. A-and she wouldn't talk to me." I faked a chuckle and he continued on, "Yeah she's great......but-I'm sure she's around here somewhere. They'll find her buddy." I nodded with tears in my eyes and he seemed, okay. Considering that he's obsessed with y/n, you would think the guy would be more hurt.

Half an hour passed of me just venting to Nick about y/n, which took everything in me to not punch him. After everything that he's put her through, I should've beat him til he was half dead but, I didn't. Once I got out and got back in the police car, we headed back to the police station. The officers along with the FBI and I, sat down and discussed the conversation that we had. "So, I know we all heard the conversation but, how was it like inside?" "Well, for starters, I was surprised he even let me inside the house. And when I broke down the situation to him, he seemed.......fine." "What do you mean by fine?" "Like he seemed like he was perfectly okay. He wasn't sad or upset just, fine. Don't you guys think that's weird?" "I mean, we can't say for sure. Were there any other facial expressions that he had?" "He was smiling a bit. And that's what's throwing me off about this whole thing." I said getting up in frustration, "He's been trying to get y/n since the day that he found out I was with her. He claimed that he was in love with her and that I was no good for her." "I didn't hear any evidence of him possibly taking Ms. Bennett." Detective Danvers stated, "But he did say something a little......off." Officer Randy said.

"What are you talking about?" Detective Wilson asked, "First, he said 'this morning' and quickly changed it to 'one morning'." "Okay, so what? That could've just been a mistake as he was reliving the moment." "Then, he said I'm sure she's around here somewhere. Why would he say around here somewhere? Usually, people would say I'm sure she's somewhere out there......it was like he was saying that she's not too far from here." The officers and detectives looked at each other and Detective Wilson said, "We need to go talk with Maddison Bennett.".

Y/N's POV
I don't know how long it's been since I've been here. Maybe a few weeks. Eating so little became a habit for me. I didn't want to eat in the first place but, I know I'd die if I didn't. I started to give up when it came to fighting, My body's really weak. "Hey!" someone shouted whispering. I look beside me to see Chris, sitting next to me. I give him a weak smile and shakily reach out to him. "How are you love?" He asked gazing into my eyes, "Not too good." I squeaked, "What happened to your leg?". I looked down at the infection growing over my thigh, Nick never changed the bandages. "I got hurt......and I don't think it healed the way it was supposed to." "I'm sorry to hear that bug." I take a moment to examine every detail of his face that was gleaming in the sunlight. "I miss you." I told him, "I miss you too."

The sound of heels clicking on the wood got my attention, I haven't heard them in awhile. It was my sister. When I looked at her, she had rage flaming through her eyes. "Maddie, can we talk?" "Do you know what I have to go through?! I have to sit there, pretending to care and listen to him go on and on about his 'poor y/n'. Ugh!" Maddison quoted with her fingers, "I feel like I can't breathe without her, it's too painful." She said mocking Chris, "If I could, I would throw up right on the spot. He cries every. Single. Day. And it's for you!" She slapped my face, turning my head in the direction that Chris once was. "I'm sorry!" I cried out. Before her hand made contact with my face again, she asked, "What?" "I'm sorry for when we were younger.....I didn't know you felt like you were an outcast. I'm sorry for making you feel like you weren't important. But you are......while I was gone, you were the one checking in on everything and everyone. And dad did love you.....every time he would bring me to those plays, he would always talk about you-" "You're lying!" "I'm not Maddie. I have no reason to. Have I ever lied to you?"

The room goes quiet and I make eye contact with her to see her eyes red, "Dad, loved me?" I slowly nodded, "I-" She was cut off by her phone ringing in her back pocket. Answering it, her face hinted that she was nervous. Almost scared. "I have to go. Stay here." She demanded, wiping the tears away as she ran out the door. She says that like I could actually have the strength to get up. An hour later, Nick comes in with half of a sandwich and a small bottle of water. He threw them to me and I quickly unravel the wrapping paper around the sandwich and take a long, savoring bite. Peanut butter has never tasted so good. I scramble to open the cap of the bottle and take a few sips of the water. "Where's my thanks?" He raised his arms up in question. What a prick. "Thank you." I spit out before taking another bite of the sandwich. "Eat up, we're leaving. Hurry up and change into these." He threw me some clothes and waited for me, "Leaving? Where are we going?" "I don't know yet just hurry up." With the little strength I had, I put on the jacket and sunglasses that was in the pocket.

I tried to get up but, Nick put my arm over his shoulder and guided me. I yelped in pain since my leg wasn't healed and I haven't stood up for several weeks. Again, such a prick. We headed through the door. Maybe this is my chance. Then, I felt something hard against my lower back as he helped me walk out and down some steps. "I just want you to know, if you try anything, I will kill you right on the spot. Understand?" I swiftly nodded as we proceeded out of the building.

Chris's POV
"So, we found Maddison. We tried to call her in but, she didn't answer. We looked around the neighborhood and found her buying tickets to leave the city. Once she saw us, she tried to run but, we had her surrounded. We're about to interrogate her now, you can watch behind the window." Detective Danvers explained before going into the room. I was standing on the other side of the window with a few police officers as she questioned her. She was already cuffed and sitting down at the table. "Why did you run?" Still holding contact with the detective, she said nothing. "People usually run when they're hiding something. So, why did you do it?" She breaks eye contact and looks directly at the window. She can't see us but, she was looking through it like she could. "You wanna do the silent treatment? Okay, fine. So, you don't mind if we go through your phone then?" Maddison looked up at the detective and tried to fight out of the cuffs as she exclaimed, "No! What's on my phone is none of your business!"

"It is our business when you could be involved in a kidnapping of one of the biggest actresses in the world and not to mention who's also your damn sister! So, tell me! Where is she!" "Nick has her! Nicholas Hoult! It was all him!" It was like my whole chest inflamed with anger. As soon as I heard that, I tried to run out of the building but, the officers held me down. Not letting me go, "Evans, I know you're angry. But you need to cool it! We need to figure out where Nick is before he makes a move!" They push me back and I slam my fist into the wall making a dent.

I scream in frustration, "That prick! I knew he had her! You have to let me find her!" "We can't let you do anything! We will find her! We need to lockdown the city, nobody in or out! Let's go boys!" Officer Will shouted, as the officers and people form the FBI ran out the building. I followed them in my own car until we got back to Nick's house. I waited just outside as they went in. "FBI!" They stormed in with their guns, clearing each room of the house as they got further in. "He's not here!" Detective Wilson shouted. I walked up to the front of the door and one of the officers was getting a call, "What did you find?........Okay, we're going right now." "What is it?" I asked frantically, "One of the detectives at the station said they found where he was keeping her and they're not there. He's on the move."