That's You Pt. 2

"And I kept thinking, there's only one thing I can't live without.......and that's you." He said swiftly pointing at me. "Chris, I-" "Court is back in order guys." Sebastian said coming out of the room before heading back in. I looked back at Chris and said, "We'll talk more about this later bug." He nodded, kissed me, and we walked back in. I sit down next to my lawyer and the judge asks, "Did you have anything else you wanted to say Ms. Bennett?" "No, thank you judge." "Alright Mr. Hoult, step up to the stand." The bailiff grabbed his arm and brought him up with his hands cuffed. "Mr. Hoult, did you-" "Listen, I have nothing to hide. I'll tell you what I did." Strange looks were thrown at him as the room murmured with whispers, that was a little too easy. "If you have nothing to hide, why did you try to escape and kill Ms. Bennett in the process?" the judge asked, "Well, I wasn't gonna go down without a fight and if I couldn't have her, I'd make sure no one could." "So, how did you do it? Did you have any help?" "Obviously I had help from the other Bennett over there but, things got messed up because she went soft. Y/N said one little thing about daddy who never loved her and it threw her off her game."

He pouted mockingly at her as she looked away with tears in her eyes, "But, I hacked into her car's GPS to give directions to come down the way where I had everything set up." "But what about the traffic?" "I set up road signs blocks away for other drivers to go a different route. And when they were driving on their way to the intersection, I removed the signs." I shake my head and looked down, twiddling with my fingers like I did this morning.

Chris's POV
I bit my lip in resentment and shook my head as he confessed his tactics. It doesn't make any sense. Why would he just confess like this? "Don't you think this is weird?" I whispered to Seb, "What is?" "The fact that he's confessing so easily. As much as he wanted to.........take her, you would think he would zip up about how he did it." "The punk probably just realizes he has no way out. I'm surprised he's even alive right now after everything but, you have nothing to worry about." He patted my shoulder and I nodded, it's probably just my nerves messing with me. After another half hour of Nick confessing, they had Maddison come up to the stand. "Ms. Bennett, what was your contribution on the kidnapping of the other Ms. Bennett?" She made eye contact with y/n and said, "I'm the one who suggested the whole thing." The room gasped and I have to say, I might've been the more surprised besides y/n herself.

I always had suspicions about her and I pushed them down because I didn't think she would take it that far but, boy was I wrong. And the worst part about it is I let my guard down around her. I would cry or rant almost everyday to her and she would come over with food and comfort. I feel so stupid.

"So, you initiated this all?" she nodded at the judge's question and proceeded, "But why? Why do this to your own sister?" "B-Because, I always felt like she was the center of attention in the family. She was the one who got to go to a performing arts school, she blew up quickly, and everything was always about her." "Was she ever rude or selfish to you or others?" "No. She never was. She was a ray of damn sunshine and I realize now. I was wrong! And I can't undo what I did and I'm sorry. I regret it! I really do y/n, please believe me!" She shouted from the stand. Y/N looked away and I could tell she was having a panic attack so, I walked up to her bench, bent down, and placed my hand on her shoulder. She turned quickly and placed her hand over mine. "In and out, slowly.". She did as I told her and nodded to let me know she was okay.

Maddison finished confessing after 20 minutes and it was about time to go over their sentences. We took a short recess and was called back in. "I will need time to make this decision so, we will proceed with the sentences tomorrow. Court is adjourned." He banged his gavel and everyone began to disperse. The bailiff along with another officer who came in, took Nick and tear eyed Maddison back to their cages for the day. Sebastian and I walked up to y/n and she looked like she was ready to burst. "You okay doll?" Seb asked, "Mhm, I just want to go home please." We look at each other and help her into the car along with the security guards. We parted and and we were driven back home. It was a quiet ride back to the house. I don't blame her, it's been an emotional rollercoaster today.

As we stop at a red light, her head was turned at the window, just like before. I reached to hold her hand and she laid eyes on me. Her eyes were red with sadness spiraling in them. She put her head on my shoulder for the rest of the ride in silence. Once we got out and into the house, she sat down on the couch. "Do you want me to help you take off your shoes?" "Yes, please." I unzipped her first shoe and she spoke up, "I hate that I can't even take off my own shoes." I look back into her eyes and the tears start falling, "I hate that I wake up every night, scaring you half to death. And I hate that I want to believe my sister even though everything in me shouldn't!" She cried. I quickly took off the other shoe and sat besides her, "I hate that all of this hurts so bad! Not just physically but mentally! I'm so tired, my mind is......so tired." She sobbed into her hands. "Baby....", I embraced her as she weeped and held her tight, I hate this too.

She pulls herself away and says, "Oh my god, I'm being so selfish right now. As if you didn't do go through anything.", "Y/N, you can express how you feel. You went through something that was traumatic, you have the right to be a little selfish. I love that you're conscious of what I went through too but, you went through worse. Now that I have you back, I'm a little better. But you're not. That's the difference." "I just don't know what to do. I feel like this won't ever go away." I thought to myself and said, "How do you feel about going to therapy? I could go with you as well. It could help to really talk it out. Only if you're ready." She paused for a moment looking down to think, "You don't have to answer right now, just.....consider it. Okay, love?" "Okay, I will." She sniffled, "How does a warm bath sound?" "It's only the middle of the day bug." She said giving me a small grin, "I think you need it, even if it's the middle of the day."

After her bath, I picked her up and helped her with her clothes.  Then, she laid down on the bed with her eyes fluttering close. Giving her a small grin, I kiss her forehead and change into some comfortable clothes. On my way out the door, she called out, "Wait, where are you going?" "I'm just getting some water. I'll be back, do you want something?" "Some cookies please." I ran downstairs, grabbed the water and cookies, and came back up, "We ran out of the oatmeal ones but I found-". I was cut off by the light snoring coming from her, comfortably sleeping between the covers. I put the items down on the nightstand and laid down beside her, wrapping her in my arms. "You'll get better baby, I promise."