A Light In My Soul

Chris's POV
Two more weeks passed by and I've made some progress with my therapist. And so has y/n. Although things are better at home, I still released all of my emotions during the sessions which felt like weight off of my shoulders. Y/N went from three nightmares a week to only one, which was a relief for the both of us. It's not all the way home but, it's better than before. She's always worried about waking me up and I'm worried about her waking up in general. She lost a lot of sleep because of the dreams and I know it was exhausting for her. Which is why it's great news that she's doing a little better. She still has her days where she's just in bed all day or emotional but, who wouldn't? Going through what she went through, is something that's traumatic.

Since y/n was being...well, y/n. She wanted to throw a Halloween party, just for the "crew" as she likes to call them. She also asked Krystal to come too, she was in town for a job interview so, it made sense to have her come over. And apparently, her and Seb are going out now. He has called me several times, sounding like a nerve racking mess, trying to figure out how to ask her out. Sounded just like me when I wanted to ask y/n out. He was really just worried about the press and not wanting her business to be in the public. Which is perfectly reasonable. So, I just suggested that they had a long talk on if they want to take that step. I guess we'll see what happens at the party. It's going to be from 9-12am since some people have kids that they have to take out for tricker treating. So, we decorated the house with spiders, cobwebs, skeletons, Jack-o-lanterns, the whole nine. And instead of a bucket of candy, we had a bucket of mini bottle shots, all different flavors. We also got one of those fake jump scare zombies and out it in the front with a camera to catch everyone's reactions.

Y/N made it very clear to them that it was a costume party so, it'll be funny to see what everyone dressed up as. She even bought Dodger a Batman outfit with the mask, cap, and everything. I have to say, he does look adorable. And she said that we not only had to dress but, act the part of who we were dressing up as. At least for the first 20 minutes to make things interesting. Sebastian was so hype about the idea and everyone else loved the competition. Now that everything was set up, all that was left to do was wait for our guests. Y/N dragged me to the bathroom to do the final touches with my face makeup and hair, since I already had my clothes on. She grabbed the green spray dye and sprayed it all over my hair, creating a cloud of dust in the room. I coughed and waved it away, "Great! Now all you need is the white face and red lipstick." "Do I have to?" I whined, "Yes! If you want to look the part, you gotta make the sacrifices." "But you're not even dressed yet and people are going to be here in about an hour." "That's just enough time. Now pucker up." She said taking the lid of her lipstick off. I rolled my eyes and did as she said as she painted my lips red.

"Now, here's the powder." She said concentrating while lightly patting my face with the makeup brush. After about 5 minutes of covering me in powder, I was done. "There! You look really good, Mr. J." She joked. I looked at myself in the mirror and I have to admit, she did a great job. I really did look like the joker. "Wow, it looks really good. Thanks baby." I kissed her lips and she giggled. "Now, look who's leaving the red stain on my lips?" She asked amused. I chuckled and wiped her lip, "Sorry. Now, go get dressed! I'm sure you have to do a lot more stuff for your outfit." "You got it boss." She said before skipping to the bedroom. I went downstairs and grabbed the bag of candy I hid under couch so, y/n wouldn't see it. Knowing her, she'll probably eat them all before I get one so, had to hide it. At least until the end of the night. 45 minutes pass by and I hear the clicking of heels down the steps. I turn and see her in the full Harley Quinn character. Not just the outfit, but the tattoos on her face and hair tied into two pony tails, dyed pink and blue.

From the jacket, the shorts with fishnet tights, to the shirt that read "Daddy's little Monster", she had it all. With a bat in her hand hanging over her shoulder, she says, "What do ya' think?" She asked as she twisted around showing her whole outfit with a giggle. "Oh, you look stunning baby." I said in my Joker's voice. I reached out my hand for her to take and spun her close to me. Still holding her hand, I brought it to my lips and kissed it. "Oh, I almost forgot. I have to do the hand tattoo for you." She brought me to the dining room table, where some black paint and brush was set up, and started getting to it. I examined her face and noticed the small heart tattoo and smudged eyeshadow that was there, "Speaking of tattoos. You did a great job with mines and yours. You have a real knack for painting." "Yeah. I used to paint a lot when I was in college. I guess it's still in me." She smiled.