𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

adaline ran down the hall to her best friends hospital room —followed by jesse— when she spots caseys brother jesse talking on the phone outside of the room.

"Jes?"

Jesse hangs up the phone and pulls the brunette into a hug, "hey"

"What happened?" Jesse asks, while Adaline looks into the hospital room where Casey was hooked up to a bunch of machines.

"She was on her way to set and this idiot ran into her. He was drunk"

Adaline runs her hands down her face, tears rimming her eyes, "is she gonna be okay?"

"She's in a coma right now. So it's pretty much up to her. She has a broken leg and a couple broken ribs but other than that..."

Adaline wipes away her tears and slowly walks into the room and sits down in the chair next to Caseys bed and grabs her hand, "you promised me, best friends forever. Please, case. I can't do this without you"

~~~

Jesse walks into Casey's hospital room to see Adaline sitting in the uncomfortable brown chair next to the blondes bed, holding onto her hand.

"Here" he says, handing Adaline a cup of coffee from the cafeteria. Adaline looks up at the familiar face and says, "hi. thanks. where's Jes?"

"I told him to go home and get freshen up"

"Oh" she says, bringing her attention back to her best friend. Jesse pulls a chair up next to the girl he loves ( but won't admit to ), and interlocks his fingers with her, "it's gonna be okay, della. she's gonna be okay, she's gonna wake up"

"You don't know that, j" she sniffles, "she's my best friend. I don't know what I'll do without her"

Jesse brings Adaline into his hold, while she cries into his shoulder.

authors note;

😔😔