𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

text messages between ADALINE and SOPHIA

soph 💓:
YO
HEY
ADDI!!!

addi 👸🏻:
sorry, pauls here.
what's up?

soph 💓:
it's jesse

INCOMING CALL...
adaine is italic
sophia is bold

soph, what's going on? What happened to Jesse?

he's fine, psychically. but mentally, I'm not so sure

Sophia, what's going on?

right sorry. his grandfather passed away. And the two were really close. He's not answering anyone's calls or texts. I was wondering if you could go to his place or something.

yeah, definitely. I'm going right now. I'll text you, to tell you how everything went.

thank you. Love you bye.

love you too, bye.

adaline shuts her phone off and walks over to grab her keys and purse and slide her shoes on.

"Babe, where you going?" Paul asks, leaving the bathroom. Adaline fixes the strap of her sandals and says, "my friends grandfather just passed away and he's not answering anybody. I'm gonna go see if I can talk to him"

"Who's he? This Jesse guy?"

"Yeah" she says, then walks over to her boyfriend and gives him a kiss, "I'll be back later" then she leaves.

🌙🌙🌙

Adaline walks down the hall of Jesses apartment building and she knocks on the door. "Jes, I know you're in there. Your cars in the parking garage" but with still no answer, Addi knocks again, "Jesse Lee Soffer, you better open this door right now"

A minute later, the door opens to Jesse with red and puffy eyes. "Hi" Adaline whispers, then she walks in and closes the door behind her, before following after her best friend, who sits on his couch.

Adaline sets her bag down on the counter along with her keys and she goes to sit down next to the crying man. Then she wraps an arm around his shoulder and Jesse leans his head on his best friends shoulder and continues to cry.

"Shhh" Adaline says, running her newly done nails through Jesses hair to comfort him, "it's gonna be okay."

"Please don't—don't leave me" he says, tightening his hold around the petite girl.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise"

a/n;

my babies 🥺💜