𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

adaline walks along the shoreline, her feet walking along the warm sand in costa rica and enjoying some alone time to think. she really needed it.

now adaline really does love paul, he was her first long term relationship. he really does make her happy but when she met jesse, something changed. she didn't know what, but she always had this weird feeling in the pit of her stomach about him. like he was supposed to mean more to her then just a best friend.

like they were supposed to meet, but that's weird right? the universe doesn't just bring two people together that are meant to be, right? nah, no way, but the way they act around each other. care free. comfortable. like they always knew each other.

adaline grew to love jesse, but what kind of love exactly? she wasn't quite sure. she just knew that she needed him in her life, no matter who told her otherwise.

adaline smiles to herself. she had one more day in costa rica and she was gonna enjoy it. but once she got back to LA, man, she had plans.

🌙🌙🌙

TWO DAYS LATER...

adaline sighs peacefully as she walks off the plane, at LAX. She knew what she was gonna do. no going back. this was it. she had made up her mind and for once she was gonna do something for her. to make herself happy.

🌙🌙🌙

adaline tips the cabdriver, and gets out of the yellow taxi and sighs, "this is it. no backing out now"

adaline enters the apartment building and waits impatiently on the elevator to head up to floor 11.

and once she knocks on the familiar apartment door, it opens to see the shocked face of her best friend.

"della?"

"hi" she smiles.

"what are you doing here? when did you get back from your trip?" He asks.

" just now actually. I wanted to see you. and tell you..." adaline cut herself off when she sees a blonde girl walk through the apartment in her underwear and a big tshirt and her heart drops. jesse looks behind him and quickly closes the door and says, "I'm glad you're back. I missed you"

adaline scoffs and says, "not that much I see"

"you're the one who wanted to chill things out and then you just leave without telling anyone. I was angry and sad and I went to several bars. what was I supposed to do?"

"it was a mistake coming here"

jesse goes to grab the brunettes arm and says, "della please"

"What?" She says, not looking directly into his beautiful hazel eyes.

"what were you gonna tell me?"

della shakes her head and says, "nothing" then she walks away.

🌙🌙🌙

adaline walks into her apartment, tired and jet lagged. she just wanted to lay in her bed and wrap her bed sheets around her and sleep the pain away.

but as she places her keys on the hook and drops her bags by the door, sliding off her shoes. she sees a familiar figure leaving the bed room who says, "hey"

"hey"

"how was your trip?" he asks. adaline nods her head and says, "good. much needed"

"can we talk?"

"yeah"

Paul grabs onto his girlfriends hand, interlacing their fingers and he guides her to the couch.

"I'm sorry"

"I know"

"I shouldn't have gotten angry. that was so stupid. I should've believed you when you said you two were just friends"

adaline nods her head and says, "yeah. just friends"

"can you forgive me?" Paul asks and she nods her head. Paul then brings his girlfriend into a hug and kisses her forehead, and says, "I love you, addi"

"yeah. I love you too"

"thank god that's over" Paul says then stands up from the couch, "I'm gonna grab a beer. You want one?"

"Yes, please" adaline says. after the day she's had, she's gonna need more than one.

A couple minutes later, Paul walks back into the living room with two beers and a small red box.

"What's that?" adaline asks, opening up her bottle. Paul places his beer on the coaster then opens it up to show her. adaline nearly chokes on her beer then sets it down.

"What is that?" She asks, knowing what it is, but is highly surprised by it.

"Adaline Justice Taylor" he smiles, taking out the Diamond ring, then placing the box on the coffee table.

"Paul.."

Paul takes adalines hand and takes a deep breath, "I love you. I have since the first day we met. 6 years I've spent loving you, taking care of you. 6 years I've spent learning and enjoying everything about you. you make me better, you've helped me grow and I want you to be mine forever"

"I um—" adaline begins to say, swallowing a big lump in her throat.

a/n;

CLIFFHANGER!!! 🤯
I love writing those lol
what the hells gonna happen now? 🤔

CLIFFHANGER!!! 🤯I love writing those lol what the hells gonna happen now? 🤔