𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

adaline walks inside her apartment, yawning and throws her keys onto the counter along with her bag. Then she sees food on the table and mentally face palms herself.

"Damn" then she walks into the bedroom to see her boyfriend sitting on her bed that had rose petals all over it, "I'm so sorry. I forgot"

Paul scoffs then says, "yeah"

Adaine walks over to her boyfriend, who stands up and pushes past her. "What do you want me to say, Paul? I'm sorry I missed dinner. What do you want me to do?"

"Stop hanging out with this Jesse guy"

"What? No way. He's my friend and his grandfather passed away, he's needs me"

"He doesn't need you, Addi. You want him to need you" Paul says, before walking away into the living room. Adaline scoffs and follows her boyfriend, "Excuse me? You want me to tell you to stop hanging out with Torrey?"

"That's not the same"

"That makes no sense. I can't have guy friends but you can have girl friends? News flash this isn't the 1930s anymore"

"You know what, Addi. Don't turn this on me, okay?"

"Jesse is my best friend, that's it! You know what, why do I even have to explain myself to you?"

"Because I'm your boyfriend, Addi! 6 years I have spent loving and caring about you, while the last year, you've been spending all your time with him!"

Adaline can now feel the tears pricking at her brown eyes. She loves Jesse, but they were just best friends, right?

"Because you're all the way in Atlanta, Paul! I'm not gonna be by myself while you go out and party with your friends!"

"I'm not asking you too, all I'm asking is for you to stop being so close with him! Because all over Instagram it looks like you two are a couple instead of us" Paul argues and Adaline walks away, "Walk away, Adaline. It's what you do best"

"Screw you!" Adaline sniffles, wiping her eyes. Paul follows after his girlfriend back to her bed room and says, "no. This conversation isn't over"

"Yes it it" she says, before slamming the door in his face.

Adaline slides down to he ground and takes out her phone scrolling to Jesse number and just stares at it.

INCOMING CALL...
adaline is italic
jesse is bold

miss me already? *laughs*

*sniffles*

della? what's wrong?

me and paul just got into a really bad fight and—and I don't know what to do

hey, hey. take a deep breath. it's gonna be okay.

i um.. *sniffles* ...think we should take some time for ourselves and chill out for a little bit.

della, come on...

I'm sorry

adaline hangs up her phone and pulls her knees into her chest and cries.

a/n;

😔😩🥺😮