𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

Adaline takes a deep breath, getting ready to get into character and says to herself, "you got this. Just breathe. You're Adaline Freakin Taylor"

"Action!" The director of the episode, Mark Tinker shouts out.

Sam gets out of the Jeep and walks into the 21st district and approaches the front desk, smiling and says, "hi"

Trudy looks up from her paperwork at the brunette then back down at her papers and asks, "what can I do for you?"

"I'm here to see Hank Voight"

"Aren't we all" Trudy says, continuing to flip through her paperwork. Sam shows Sergeant Platt her badge and says, "I'm detective Sam Miller"

"As in commissioner Miller?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Well then, by all means" Platt says, hitting the buzzer to let Sam up to the intelligence unit.

"Thank you and I know that was sarcasm but that's okay, I'll take it" Sam smiles at the sergeant and heads over to the caged door and opens it.

"Cut!" The director yells, "that was great! Let's set up for the next shot"

Adaline takes a deep breath as Jesse walks over to her and says, "you did great!"

"Thanks, J"

"You wanna get a coffee until our next scene?"

"Yes please. I need all the caffeine I can get" Adaline smiles, as the two walk outside and over to the coffee cart across the street.

As the two had gotten a coffee they head over to a bench to sit and Adaline says, "So, we're gonna be each other's love interest"

"Yup" Jesse says, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I was rootin' for linstead there last season, but I guess Milstead could work too" Adaline smirks.

"Milstead?"

"Yeah. I mean, I think it's catchy"

"Yeah, we'll see" Jesse jokes, "I loved you in the marvel movies by the way"

Adaline smiles and says, "thanks"

"Jesse! Adaline! You're up!" Someone calls out.

~~~

After shooting this scene a couple times, Adaline gets back into character as Sam when the director calls "Action!"

Sam walks onto the intelligence unit when she's suddenly stopped by Alvin Olinsky who asks, "can I help you?"

"Is Sergeant Voight here?"

"He's in his office"

"Thanks" Sam smiles walking towards Hank Voights office. Adam Ruzek walks over to Al and asks, "who's that?"

"Commissioner Miller's grand daughter"

"Seriously? What is she doing here?" Adam questions raising an eyebrow.

"No idea"

"Cut!"

After getting the next shot ready in Hank Voights office, Adaline walks over to Sophia and says, "hey"

"Hey. You're doing great" she says. Adaline offers the brunette a small smile and says, "Thanks. I'm still super nervous"

"The Adaline Taylor nervous?"

"I know I'm supposed to be this big deal, but new casts make me nervous"

"You'll be fine. Don't worry about everybody else. Do it for you"

As Adaline says a quick thank you, she gets sent into Voight's office to start her next scene.

Sam knocks on Hanks door, who says "come in" and she walks in the office closing the door behind her and says. "hi Sarg"

Hank looks up from a file he was reading and says, "Samantha Miller"

"Hank Voight" she smiles.

Hank gets up from the desk to give the girl a hug and says, "hey kiddo, how are you?"

"I'm great, actually. I'm glad to be out of New York though. How have you been?"

"You know the usual"

"Like always"

"Let me introduce you to the team"

"Cut! That's lunch!" The director calls out.

Adaline takes in a deep breath, she leaves the set to go grab a sandwich at the food cart, the set provides.

a/n;

I love this sm 💜