𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

ADALINESOFFER: feels so good to be back in seattle 🫶🏼🫶🏼

2 million likes | 973k comments

"This is your childhood house?" Jesse asks, holding his daughters hand as he follows his wife, who was holding their son on her hip, up the front steps of the house.

"It's even more beautiful then I remember" Adaline smiles, as they walk into the house.

"Big house, daddy" Alora says, putting her arms up for Jesse to pick her up. Jesse picks her up and says, "It is. Do you like it, princess?"

Alora looks around and smiles, "yeah"

"It is pretty great, huh?"

Alora wiggles out of her fathers arms and runs to the back door and screams in joy, "there's swings" then she turns towards her mother who was looking around the kitchen, "mama, can I go play? Please please please"

"Of course baby"

Alora runs outside and down the stairs, being careful, holding onto the railing and runs onto the grass over to the swings.

Jesse smiles then looks over at his wife to see her crying and he frowns walking over to her. "Della, what's wrong?" He asks.

Adaline sniffles, "nothing"

"Baby, come on. I hate when you cry" he says, bringing her into his embrace, being careful of their 1 year old son, "if you want the house, we'll get the house"

"No, it's not that. It's just—Chris is supposed to be here"

"What do you mean?"

Adaline looks up at her husband, "he told me that if my childhood home was ever up for sale, that he would come with me to look at it. He promised. I texted and called but nothing. I—I've barley talked to him in the last five years since Alora was born. I don't know what to do? I lost another best friend" then she walks away, opening the back door to watch her daughter on the swings.

Jesse sighs and takes out his phone.

🌙🌙🌙

Adaline puts James down for his nap, then walks into the bathroom to see her husband brushing his teeth. "I'm taking Lora down to the lobby. Said she really wants to look at the paintings"

Jesse spits out the tooth paste and wipes his mouth, "okay angel" then he leans in for a kiss. Alora runs into the bathroom and giggling like she always was.

"hi my sweet girl" Jesse smiles and goes to pick his five year old up and kisses her cheek, "mommy said you guys were gonna go to the lobby to look at the paintings"

Alora nods her head, "come with us daddy"

"I can't. I gotta watch Jamie while he sleeps" Jesse said and frowned when he sees his daughter upset, "I'm sorry, princess"

"It okay" she says, as Adaline goes to grab her. "Come on, baby. Maybe we'll find some cookies while we're down there" and Alora smiles again.

~~~

Adaline and Alora stare at the painting in front of them, both their heads tilted to the side and both eating an Oreo.

"Huh. Beautiful painting"

Adaline turns around to see someone that she never expected to be there. "Chris?"

"Hey pretty girl" he half smiled.

"What are you doing here?"

"Heard through the grapevine that your childhood house was for sale. I promised you I'd come see it with you"

Adaline scoffs and turns around. Alora looks up at her mother, "mommy, who's that?"

"Someone from mommy's past"

Chris sighs and goes to stand in front of his best friend, "I'm sorry, Addi. Please..."

"It's been five years, Chris. And I've heard from you, what 2 times?"

"I know. And I take full responsibility. I messed up our friendship and I will regret that for the rest of my life. I miss you..." Chris said then looked down to see bright hazel eyes staring at him, and he kneels down, "you must be Alora. I'm Chris. I'm a friend of your moms"

"Hi" she said, shyly. Chris stands back up and says, "please, just give me another chance. Let's go look at the house together"

"Okay, I guess"