𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

"Thank you again for lunch, J" Adaline says, taking a sip of her water. Jesse smiles and says, "Don't worry about it. It's my pleasure"

"So, um.." Adaline starts, after finishing her fry, "what's gonna happen once filming ends? Are we gonna drift apart until the next season starts?"

Jesse looked at her confused and says, "No, why would we? I love spending time with you"

"Cool" Adaline smiles, "Me too"

"How are you and...Paul?" Jesse asks, a pain stinging in his heart. Jesse had started to like Adaline, with having to fake date and fake having a baby together. Spending all that time, they got close and he hated the fact that another man got to spend more time with her then he did.

Adaline shrugs her shoulders and says, "Good, I guess"

"You guess?"

"We've both just been spending so much time on different sets. And with all the long hours, it gets hard, ya know. But the time we do get to spend together is nice"

"Good" he says, giving her a sad smile, "you deserve someone to make you happy. He is making you happy right? Cause if he's not, I'll give him a good talking to"

Adaline chuckles and says, "I'm happy" even though she is happy with Paul (who she's been with for the last 5 years), it's been getting harder as the years go on. With Paul being on the vampire diaries set, which is in Georgia, and Adaline being on the Chicago pd set, which is in Chicago, it's just been hard for them to get anytime together. But of course she's not gonna tell anyone that. she doesn't want people to think she's unhappy, even if she kinda is.

"Good. We should probably head back to set" Jesse says, taking his change from the receipt holder. Adaline nods her head and as she was getting up from her seat, someone bumps into her and she scoffs, "excuse you"

The guy stops and says, "what?"

"You bumped into me. The least you could say is that you're sorry"

The man scoffs and says, "Right" Then was about to walk away when Jesse grabs his arm.

"Guy, just say you're sorry to the lady"

"I'm good"

Adaline grabs Jesses hand to drag him away and says, "Come on, J. Some people just weren't taught manners growing up"

"Yeah, J. Why don't you tell your lady to mind her own business" the man mocks, making Adaline roll her eyes.

Then out of anger and pure adrenaline Jesse throws a punch at the guy, hitting his nose. Adaline gasps, covering her mouth with her hands.

Jesse groans in pain, holding his hand. Adaline gets out of her trance of shock and grabs Jesses hand and says, "oh my god, Jesse. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"Come on. Let's go back to set, to take a look at it"

🌙🌙🌙

"Well, it's not broken. Just bruised" Adaline says, as they sit in Jesses trailer, while she grabs an ice pack from his freezer to hand him, "Are you okay?"

Jesse takes the ice pack and puts it on his bruised hands, "Yeah"

"Why'd you punch him for?"

"He was disrespecting you"

"As much as I appreciate it. I can take care of myself" Adaline says, but then she sees his face turn into sadness, "but thank you, J. No ones ever punched someone for me"

"Well, I'm glad to be your first" Jesse says, then he and Adaline both laugh, "Sorry, that didn't come out right"

"It's okay" she smiles, "I'm glad you were my first too"

a/n;

My babies are so cute 💓🥺
I need a Jesse Lee Soffer in my life ❤️

My babies are so cute 💓🥺I need a Jesse Lee Soffer in my life ❤️