16

Y/n POV

     I was trying to catch up on Potions so I spent the day reading. After a couple of hours in the library I head back to the common room. As soon as I enter, I can tell the energy is off.

     I run my books upstairs and head back down. I see Fred and George playing some sort of card game at a table with a couple other boys. "Hey y/n," Neville steps out of no where and blocks my way towards my tall gingers.

    "Oh, what's up Neville?" I ask, forcing my eyes from the boys to Neville.

    "I-uh...just wanted to ask..." He doesn't meet my eyes and he shifts nervously. I hope he doesn't ask me to the Ball... "I know you're close with Ginny...and I just wondered...if she had a date?"

   "Neville!!!" I clap his shoulder a bit harder than I intended. "She would love to go with you! You should definitely ask her!" His face glows.

    "Well, thank you y/n. I really appreciate it." He smiles widely and moves on. I mirror his smile and walk towards the boys.

    "Heyyyy," I wrap an arm around George's neck and then one around Fred's. Fred slips his head out from my arm. "Fred?" He doesn't pay any attention to me. "What's your deal?" I ask. He acts like he doesn't hear me.

    "Not now, y/n," George says timidly, glancing at Fred.

    "Whatever." I pull a chair up in between the twins and watch them play. The game carries on until Fred and George win a big pile of trinkets; bolts, screws, sickles, a ten dollar bill, and something that looks oddly like a flamingo.

"Good game," Fred says as he claps another boy's hand.

"Yeah likewise," the boy says, and he takes back the cards and walks away.

"Good job, Freddie!" A voice says behind me. It's a voice that isn't too familiar. Definitely not a Gryffindor. I turn and see a girl with blond hair which hangs in curls halfway down her back. She pushes past me and wraps her arms around Fred's waist.

"Erm, thanks," Fred clears his throat and pats her on the back.

"Lulu," I say and she finally notices I'm there. "What're you doing here?"

"Fred invited me," she says, putting a hand on his chest.

"Why's that, Freddie?" I say, feeling my chest tighten. Then I feel someone grasping my hand. George.

"Well," Fred pulls Lulu tighter to him, his face showing no emotion. "She's my date to the ball. So I wanted to spend more time with her." She squeals and hugs him tightly.

"Your date..." I repeat. George's hand tightens on my hand.

"I need to talk to you," George whispers and tugs me.

"Well," I say angrily as I glare at Fred's emotionless face. I swallow my pride. "I'm happy for you Fred. Lulu, you got yourself a great date-" Fred's jaw clenches as George wraps his other arm around my waist and pulls me away.

"So what's going on," George asks as we make our way to the boys dorm.

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to steal another glance at Lulu and Fred.

"You seemed like you didn't like Cedric a few days ago-" George opens the door to his room and leads me in. "-and now you're going to the ball with him?"

"What?" I ask completely taken aback. George sits down on his bed, looking confused.

"Fred said you were going to the ball with Cedric."It sounded like a question more than a statement.