8

Y/n POV

The first month of my 6th year at Hogwarts goes by before my eyes. I spend September studying with Cedric (much to Fred's protests), helping Fred and George out of trouble, and trying to impress Professor Moody.

     When the first of October arrives, the wind becomes chillier and rumors are being whispered between students. I'm sitting in a empty window in the courtyard, Fred standing in front of me. We're hanging out before dinner, just watching people and talking.

"I don't understand why you still spend so much time with...what's his name? The Hufflepuff boy."

"You know his name Fred." I say rolling my eyes.

"Fine. Ced-der-ic."

I ignore his mispronunciation of Cedric's name. "He's smart and he's a good potions partner."

"Good potions partner." Fred says mimicking my voice. I smack the side of his head softly. He turns and is about to push me out the window when we hear footsteps approaching us. Lulu Caddell, a Hufflepuff a year younger than Fred and I is the owner of the footsteps. Her yellow hair is in two messy space buns on the top of her head. She approaches us with a smile.

"Hi you two! How are you guys?" Lulu says.

"I'm doing alright, how about yourself Lu?" I ask. She nods.

"Doing great. School is a bit rough, but other than that, I'm doing good!" She shifts her bright gray eyes to Fred. "Hi Fred."

"Hi Lulu." He says. Her pale cheeks flush pink. A few seconds of silence go by.

"Well, I-uh, erm, just wanted to say hi." She says, pushing some stray hair behind her ear. "And I was also wondering if you guys heard anything new about the tournament?"

Fred scrunches his freckled nose. "No. Did you?" She nods and her buns bounce.

"Yep. I've heard that there's going to be new students here this year."

"For the tournament?" I ask her. She nods again.

"Maybe even students from America." She says, her necklaces jingle in the breeze. "How neat would that be?"

"Very." Fred says, stealing a glance at me. Lulu rocks back and forth on her heels and she fiddles with a ring on her finger.

"Well...good talking to you guys." Lulu smiles quickly. She glances nervously up at Fred. "Bye Fred." She turns on her heel and practically runs away.

"She's a bit of a nutter isn't she?" Fred says resting his elbow on my knee. I smirk and he looks up at me. "What's that ugly face for?"

"Boys are so clueless!" I say and look over at Lulu who had been looking at Fred again. When she sees me looking at her, her eyes widen and she looks away.

"What do you mean?" He asks, watching my eyes.

"That nutter," I say making the quotations on the word nutter. "Has a crush on you." His eyes widen.

"No, no, no." He says quickly. "She's too young-"

"Freddie she's only a year younger than you!" He keeps shaking his head. "She's a sweetheart," he shakes his head harder. "She's cute!" He takes a deep breath.

"It's nothing against her." Fred says, fixing his hair. "Im just not interested in her in that way. And besides, I think I'm interested in someone else..." When he says these words, my heart begins pound.